The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
The lox are not the only group to never have any problems

Of course, but who did you have in mind?

Time was short after versuz, but ending the Nas segment by sucking off Hov was fukking disrespectful.

Nas has a better discography. Period

Lol dudes said It Was Written was Nas's last good album for a minute, but then they were like 'oh yeah, I Am', 'oh yeah, The Firm album'

They never seem to mention that Blueprint 3, Kingdom Come or MCHG when talking about Jay's albums, but they always want to mention Nastradamus lol. I get it tho

John Mexico

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Henderson, NV
Of course, but who did you have in mind?

Lol dudes said It Was Written was Nas's last good album for a minute, but then they were like 'oh yeah, I Am', 'oh yeah, The Firm album'

They never seem to mention that Blueprint 3, Kingdom Come or MCHG when talking about Jay's albums, but they always want to mention Nastradamus lol. I get it tho

Ice has appeared to come around, like a lot of Jay fans. I was the same way with Jay, who has 4 or 5 albums to this day I NEVER wanna hear. Plus some his off the court shyt as a human that I personally can't reconcile with

People hear BP2 and hear an all time classic song. Me, I hear a bitter, delusional, insecure man over an epic instrumental.

They tried to get it out of Ish, and his problem with Nas but I left the convo even more confused.

Last edited:

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Time was short after versuz, but ending the Nas segment by sucking off Hov was fukking disrespectful.

It's really best they don't discuss Nas. They are way too biased. I'm sorry but I stand by what Joe said, if you don't have Nas in your top 10, I don't want to hear about rap from you.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
This may be unfair to Jay z but when Ice says Jay z sliders are all the way up on everything where I may have agreed 10 years ago I disagree now

jayz’s decline in the mainstream happened right when rap was shifting away needing features on your hooks

Jay z is not very strong when it comes to hooks and it’s only apparent when you are in an era where every rapper does their own hooks now and go back and revisit Jay z music

It’s why jay stealing “give it to me” makes so much sense

Trap Soul

Superstar
Daps

No he does. Exclamation point. Nas makes great music with little to no replay value. Give each disc a few listens and move on. Jay-Z makes great music you can listen to forever. Albums all get better over time. If you disagree, you either are deaf or Jungle.

gldnone913

Daps
Reppin
VA
No he does. Exclamation point. Nas makes great music with little to no replay value. Give each disc a few listens and move on. Jay-Z makes great music you can listen to forever. Albums all get better over time. If you disagree, you either are deaf or Jungle.

To you, breh. To you. I was just listening to It Was Written the other day....I listen to God's Son like once a month. When's the last time you listened to Blueprint 3? At the end of the day, it's all preference. In addition, folks are never honest about Jay's lows and only focus on the highs. Meanwhile, Nas's lows get constantly mentioned

gldnone913

Daps
Reppin
VA
It's really best they don't discuss Nas. They are way too biased. I'm sorry but I stand by what Joe said, if you don't have Nas in your top 10, I don't want to hear about rap from you.

nikkas still mad about the Jay v Nas beef lol. That's all it is.

John Mexico

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Henderson, NV
This may be unfair to Jay z but when Ice says Jay z sliders are all the way up on everything where I may have agreed 10 years ago I disagree now

jayz’s decline in the mainstream happened right when rap was shifting away needing features on your hooks

Jay z is not very strong when it comes to hooks and it’s only apparent when you are in an era where every rapper does their own hooks now and go back and revisit Jay z music

It’s why jay stealing “give it to me” makes so much sense

When he was doing that talk about sliders, while not my GOAT, he only could have been talking about Pac. Who had actual ladies tracks aside from the hedonistic and early aughts misogyny that was everywhere in hip hop that Jay and almost every other big name in hip hop had

Last edited: