The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

JayStarwind

Superstar
Daps
NegativeSelfishKoodoo-max-1mb.gif

He out the door so hope Joey unleash the flutes. For fukkery reasons only whether shes right or not lol.
Wouldnt be in his best interest to do it now that they are supposedly looking for work. Crissle holds a lot of power and has made tons of industry friends over the years.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

She did sign a bad deal though :mjlol:

Wouldnt be in his best interest to do it now that they are supposedly looking for work. Crissle holds a lot of power and has made tons of industry friends over the years.

she doesn’t wield any power. She’s just LGBT so it seems like she does. She can’t even get her own podcast to pop. No TV deal, nothing.

KingBeez

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Joe should create a Patreon and move the Saturday show behind a paywall, and provide additional content like a P-Valley deep dive show, or whatever show all the guys are watching. Dude can even do a, "tales from the road" show.

Patreon is the way to get a bag while not relinquishing creative control to a podcasting company. They will have to do more work than before, but I think it's worth the creative control.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.

Looks like he’s doing the exact opposite and not signing a bad deal. The first wasn’t a bad deal. He wrote the deal, but he out performed the deal and got advice from people to not look to restructure and honor his contract. And he felt like the 2nd deal wasn’t it

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Add in the fact that he brought an audience to Spotify . Which you only Joe know how much that is worth but he also understand what it did for Spotify. I disagree it does matter if a person listens to you all the way threw. We will never know what analytics they are looking into with all this shyt because they don't want the public to know or the ARTISTS or PODCASTERS . Then a person calls joe up " hey I heard you was California ...I heard it nice this time of year " man please get off my phone. I would have did the same thing ....be right in silicon valley. That's were all the money at .
You are correct, Spotify has all these numbers and analytics. So tell me why then when Joe plays hardball Spotify didn't come back to the table with a different offer. Since you know so much about how corporations run why would Spotify let such a valuable entity go if the Joe Budden podcast is so important to them? UNLESS perhaps by some chance Joe is once again overestimating his own value.

So break down to me how having someone listening to the podcast for three hours with no ads is valuable to spotify? The longer users are listening to other podcasts that is actively bringing in money to spotify through ads. The only metric that will really matter is how many premium users signed up to Spotify that only listen to that pod and very little else.

And don't get me wrong I don't think Spotify is perfect in all this. But even when it comes to the bonuses I look at the pod as salesmen. In a lot of sales jobs companies don't care about past performance. I know in the corporation I work at our salesmen only get commission on new accounts they bring in that year. All these corporations care about is growth. So even if we sign a customer up for a 10 year contract they'll get a one time commission on that sale. I could see spotify approaching the pod like that. So even if they say brought over 500,00 new users that first year. The second year that number held steady. In Spotify's eyes they could've gave a bonus for those new users. And while the pod remained #1 the second year in Spotify's eyes they could be approaching it from the perspective of "we already gave you a bonus for all of those users, where's the new ones" while Joe was looking at the bonus as a reward for being number 1. It's fukked up for sure but corporations work under the premise of what have you done for me lately.

The way I think it played out is that the growth for The Joe Budden Podcast stagnated. While it's putting up great numbers overall Spotify is seeking new users and willing to pay more to try and attract even more of an audience hence throwing all the money around at these other podcasts. Joe too often negotiates out of emotions instead of approaching things through the eyes of how corporations actually operate. Most only care about more growth. Take what I said and consider the offer Spotify made. Spotify's bigger offer was based off of growth and wanting Joe and the pod to expand what they are bringing to the table while Joe wants to be paid for what they have now.

JayStarwind

Superstar
Daps

she doesn’t wield any power. She’s just LGBT so it seems like she does. She can’t even get her own podcast to pop. No TV deal, nothing.

With the business they're doing they better have some type of power.

How did she sign a bad deal and we don't know how much they make?

Last edited:

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
nikkas in here are

1. Stupid, and have never made a successful product that millions look out for in their life :mjgrin:

2. Slave minded & thinks that every creator has to bow down to the demands of the white man to appear 'successful' :mjlol:
Half of the show is white. You’re talking about people who are otherwise talentless for the most part, turning down millions of dollars to talk a few hours a week. This is not some black business hill to die on.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
With the business they're doing they better have some type of power. The Read

How did she sign a bad deal and we don't know how much they make?
She can’t stop anything Joe would want to do. He just can’t anything about her because she’s a woman and she’s LGBT. The Read isn’t the popular brand it used to be which is why it hasn’t expanded.

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
How do u get raped when it’s more than u ever had? Joe Budden just feels he’s a bigger celebrity than he is.

I don’t know if joe got raped or not but this argument is stupid

record execs rape artist every day with more money than they ever seen before. Just because its more money than you ever seen don’t mean you should sign all your rights away

Last edited: