The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
... I see why i stopped coming in the thread .nikkas is in here is stupid . The nikkas in thread my not remember but I remember when they offered Dave Chappelle 50 million . When Joe went to talking about his father possible dying it took me back to one situation ....Dave Chappelle. A lot of people don't understand Art VS CORPORATE INTEREST. I'm not going say the lseeon I got but Joe's situation is very familiar.....

So many people laughed this man out the building for not taking that 50 million.

Dave is and has been very rich and he had several other venues of making good money, he also had integrity not to take it in first place. I don’t know who said he was stupid, just don’t shyt on the people offering the money. They had different views of what was right for them is what I’m saying.

If Dave would take the money and then bytch about it, then he would belong in this thread with those other people you posted. You’re moving the goalpost. Not for nothing he’s now making a minimum of 20m per show at Netflix. Whereas other people didn’t like the deal they got and didn’t sign.

Daps
Dave is and has been very rich and he had several other venues of making good money, he also had integrity not to take it in first place. I don’t know who said he was stupid, just don’t shyt on the people offering the money. They had different views of what was right for them is what I’m saying.

If Dave would take the money and then bytch about it, then he would belong in this thread with those other people you posted. You’re moving the goalpost

I'm not moving shyt. I've been listening to this podcast since day one . This podcast didn't number in SoundCloud consistently. Yes you can shyt in people that offering money if you doing shady business not just with you but with others. I knew exactly were joe was going he said " the people I was coo with and help want to sign with Spotify left Spotify ". Well I knew were he was going . Spotify tried tried to pimp them and everybody around Joe which he could see . Plus they was pillaging . It bad when other people who have had business with Spotify say the same dam thing. Joe took the money in the beginning because he got to create his own contract for that podcast . It new territory. The only he didn't leave when he first started to see shyt sideways is because Crook and Royce said finish out the deal honor the contract in other words be better than the people you're doing business with even if they're not honoring you. Personally I would have left after they didn't give me my bonus money and it was in the CONTRACT .

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
I'm not moving shyt. I've been listening to this podcast since day one . This podcast didn't number in SoundCloud consistently. Yes you can shyt in people that offering money if you doing shady business not just with you but with others. I knew exactly were joe was going he said " the people I was coo with and help want to sign with Spotify left Spotify ". Well I knew were he was going . Spotify tried tried to pimp them and everybody around Joe which he could see . Plus they was pillaging . It bad when other people who have had business with Spotify say the same dam thing. Joe took the money in the beginning because he got to create his own contract for that podcast . It new territory. The only he didn't leave when he first started to see shyt sideways is because Crook and Royce said finish out the deal honor the contract in other words be better than the people you're doing business with even if they're not honoring you. Personally I would have left after they didn't give me my bonus money and it was in the CONTRACT .
If it’s in the contract, I’ll wait for the lawsuit.
If it doesn’t come soon we know what the deal is with that. I’ll wait until that day to discuss that aspect of things.

Having listened to the podcast since day one I know that Joe says a lot of things that simply are not grounded in facts but his personal belief, often and mostly it goes unchecked unless it’s jokes

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Joe Budden is taking his podcast off Spotify because the company ‘is pillaging’ his audience

Broadly, he questions the entire podcasting system and what a podcast stream is worth, especially given that musicians and record labels have already established those terms with streaming platforms. That number, for podcasters, still isn’t standardized.

Budden isn’t the first Spotify-associated podcaster to speak up about the industry. The hosts of The Nod, which became a Spotify-owned show after the company acquired Gimlet Media, spoke out in June about their issues with show ownership. Brittany Luse and Eric Eddings say they built their show and audience but owned none of it.

“At the end of the day, investing in someone’s talent isn’t the same as having the talent yourself,” Luse told The Verge. “It’s very strange that [Spotify and Gimlet] are the only people who can claim ownership over [The Nod and its segments].”

Spotify has made headlines in the industry by signing big names, like Kim Kardashian West, Joe Rogan, and Michelle Obama, to exclusive shows. The terms of all those deals are unclear, but at least part of the strategy is for Spotify to sell ads against those shows, netting it additional revenue. (The company includes ads on podcasts, even if premium subscribers are listening.) It needs big shows to sell big ad deals.

Podcasting has clearly become a potentially massive money-maker, but some hosts want more ownership and payment. Budden doesn’t clarify if he’s entertaining other exclusive offers, and whether he thinks that’s the future of podcasting. He paved the way for the exclusive model and is seemingly abandoning it, at least for now.
You bolded the wrong part. This to me is the key in that article. Joe already said he refused to let them insert ads into the show. That's the biggest way Spotify can make money off of their show going forward. Joe sounded dumb bringing up the listener engagement in regards to podcasts versus radio. In radio being able to keep listeners listening for a full three hour show matters precisely because radio has ads and they can use those numbers to sell to advertisers that listeners typically listen to a full show so their ads will be heard. For podcasts, that doesn't matter at all how long a user listens to one show considering no ads are playing during that show (speaking in regards to premium users). In fact that is more harmful to the app as that's three hours they could be listening to other pods that do provide them ad revenue. I think if Joe showed some flex on his end he'd get more flexibility from the Spotify end but the second you shut down the primary way that the company can leverage the show's success it makes it hard to have any negotiations.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps

I wouldn’t believe Joe about the Bonus or Watch thing. We have no idea what was agreed to in that arrangement and like @Harry B there should be a lawsuit if money is really owed there

Negro Caesar

Superstar
Daps
Why would he take rape deals. Just cause it’s more money then you ever got but you being raped constantly and can’t even breath it makes no reason to sign to them. Sad how black people wanna kill joe for not wanting to be raped lol

dudes clearly finessed out of millions in bonuses lol

fukk over him where he couldn’t even take time off for his dad who had covid
How do u get raped when it’s more than u ever had? Joe Budden just feels he’s a bigger celebrity than he is.

Daps
You bolded the wrong part. This to me is the key in that article. Joe already said he refused to let them insert ads into the show. That's the biggest way Spotify can make money off of their show going forward. Joe sounded dumb bringing up the listener engagement in regards to podcasts versus radio. In radio being able to keep listeners listening for a full three hour show matters precisely because radio has ads and they can use those numbers to sell to advertisers that listeners typically listen to a full show so their ads will be heard. For podcasts, that doesn't matter at all how long a user listens to one show considering no ads are playing during that show (speaking in regards to premium users). In fact that is more harmful to the app as that's three hours they could be listening to other pods that do provide them ad revenue. I think if Joe showed some flex on his end he'd get more flexibility from the Spotify end but the second you shut down the primary way that the company can leverage the show's success it makes it hard to have any negotiations.

Add in the fact that he brought an audience to Spotify . Which you only Joe know how much that is worth but he also understand what it did for Spotify. I disagree it does matter if a person listens to you all the way threw. We will never know what analytics they are looking into with all this shyt because they don't want the public to know or the ARTISTS or PODCASTERS . Then a person calls joe up " hey I heard you was California ...I heard it nice this time of year " man please get off my phone. I would have did the same thing ....be right in silicon valley. That's were all the money at .

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
They should start a pateron, stream live on twitch and upload the finished stream to YouTube. Then just upload audio to Spotify, apple music, etc, etc. Take on ads and sponsorships.

And I could 100% see Spotify wanting to own their separate businesses under the umbrella like the pull up and shyt. Spotify going back on the rolexes and refusing to use the money to give back to the podcasts supporters for Christmas is extremely shytty and unappreciative too.

Last edited:
Daps
How do u get raped when it’s more than u ever had? Joe Budden just feels he’s a bigger celebrity than he is.

Anytime you 50 percentage of all ventures from the people that's around Joe in exchange for the things they make money on outside of Spotify plus trying to get state of the culture and the pull-up now you wildin. You dare ask for that and you don't want to fully honor the current contract that I'm in plus not give the bonuses that was in the current contract . Naw I'm good that's why they tried to buy them off with watches and number 1 plaques ...like a music label would .

Last edited:

JayStarwind

Superstar
Daps
I'm just realizing every podcast that I listen to has ads except them...

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens

NegativeSelfishKoodoo-max-1mb.gif

He out the door so hope Joey unleash the flutes. For fukkery reasons only whether shes right or not lol.