The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
I work in Banking, was speaking to a banker last Thursday, very good convo. Come Monday told him and an investor went to a competitor. That's how u handle your business, don't blow up the spot while you still got 7 episodes to go :gucci:. Plus companies gonna be weary if you bad mouthing your former and current employer :picard:

Ian should school these cats how to address business matters while potential suitors are in the works :yeshrug:

JBP the only reason I'm on Spotify so I wish them the best of luck but cmon fam :francis:
Joe been throwing slick shots at spotify months ago

Dummy

Ahadi

Veteran
Daps
:snoop:

Don’t speak about the BS on their platform. End the contract and break off clean.

Long story short: Spotify didn’t expect anything from them & they got low-balled. Spotify was “surprised” and used their large listeners, engagement to monetize and purchase other offerings & products for their platform for 250K+. In addition to that, they didn’t get their Yearly raise. They begin to do contract negotiations, and it’s a 9-figure number. But in return, spotify wanted all of their rights (youtube, streams, content, etc). Joe and Ian are the only ones that know the number and it’s “more money Joe has ever seen in his life” and is prepared to say no.

Corporate always low-balls black ppl.

Last edited:

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees
Monica Before You Walk Out my Life is my shyt
full

Never meant to cause you no Pain
full

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
damn so Gillie was right about Joe deal being trash :dwillhuh:

shyt went from "we about to get a Rogan deal" to "actually we leaving" real quick
maybe Joe has something big in the works on another platform but it'll be crazy if they just go back to how it was before the spotify deal
i wonder how the other hosts feel, cause Joe is passionate about his position on shyt to the point of being willing to risk a L on principle. I wonder if Rory and Mal really willing to give up guarantee checks to be a pioneer in the podcast game (or whatever joe has planned)

Last edited:

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
they probably could make a sizable amount.

Denno if Schulz has a bigger fanbase, but his podcast patreon making 74K/month

Dog you know how much Schulz shyt was 4 months ago? 39k. My nikka nearly doubled that. Got a whole a new studio and right now is more popular than Brilliant idiots. That’s mostly because Charlamagne switched up and went mental healthy route and toned down the fukkery.

still Kaz must be crying somewhere right now :mjlol:

that 74K a month is crazy :whoo:
I'm trying think of random ppl I heard mention patreon now, whorible decisions makes 11k a month :dwillhuh:

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees
Wonder if Joe still in good enough graces with Diddy, where :takedat: can fund some sort of platform for Black Gossip podcast just have it under Joes banner. Or that ship has already sailed :francis:

History shows us Joe is prone to these kind of situations and he was possibly gonna fumble this Spotify situation. The Michelle Obama deal but more so the The Joe Rogan bag you already know the vibes. Don’t ever pocket watch but I truly wonder if the figure is a fair number and these guys(Joe) isn’t overestimating their worth and value.

Daps
:snoop:

Don’t speak about the BS on their platform. End the contract and break off clean.

Long story short: Spotify didn’t expect anything from them & they got low-balled. Spotify was “surprised” and used their large listeners, engagement to monetize and purchase other offerings & products for their platform for 250K+. In addition to that, they didn’t get their Yearly raise.

Corporate always low-balls black ppl.
That's the bottom line

CHERUB

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
You learned how to fumble a bag and spill corporate business tea to the public?

You think Apple, google, Tidal, Facebook or any other big corporation was amused by this rant? I got a feeling that Joe got a learning coming his way.

What the fukk are you talking about :mjlol:

Scruffy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Joe speaking on how Spotify had Bill Simmons call and check up on him was really telling

I can kinda see why Joe feels some type of way. He kind of embraced the internet well before other rappers did, but seeing other high profile celebs (who are new to podcasting) get deals thrown at them must have irked him.

Last edited:

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
Joe speaking on how Spotify had Bill Simmons call and check up on him was really telling

I can kinda see why Joe feels some type of way. He kind of embraced the internet well before other rappers did, but seeing other high profile celebs (who are new to podcasting) get deals thrown at them must have irked him.
Know your worth brehs