Essential The Official MMA Thread

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Just because ABC has adopted it doesn't mean the UFC has to automatically implement it...Just a couple years ago ufc boasted of having cards where every fight On the main could headline and they had 5 clear cut weightclasses. Now they have 1 fight cards (if we are lucky) & we are going to get shyt like super cruiser weight and light flyweight fuk that

Last edited:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Just because ABC has adopted it doesn't mean the UFC has to automatically implement it...Just a couple years ago ufc boasted of having cards where every fight On the main could headline and they had 5 clear cut weightclasses. Now they have 1 fight cards (if we are lucky) & we are going to get shyt like super cruiser weight and light flyweight fuk that

I didn't say that they gonna adept is asap but if MMA continues to grow then sooner or later it will be only logical and they will include those new weightclasses.
Deeper talent pool means more place to fill so new divisions will make more and more sense

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I didn't say that they gonna adept is asap but if MMA continues to grow then sooner or later it will be only logical and they will include those new weightclasses.
Deeper talent pool means more place to fill so new divisions will make more and more sense
But all these classes will do is dilute some of the existing weightlessness or needlessly add another we don't need (ala flyweight).All this the more MMA grows deeper talent malarkey is a myth. Lip service, a sales ploy to add more bodies to fill up the million cards they do. You hear the monologue for Tuesday night contender? You really think there is so much talent out there Dana had to do a show where only the most impressive finish gets a contract? Please

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
But all these classes will do is dilute some of the existing weightlessness or needlessly add another we don't need (ala flyweight).All this the more MMA grows deeper talent malarkey is a myth. Lip service, a sales ploy to add more bodies to fill up the million cards they do. You hear the monologue for Tuesday night contender? You really think there is so much talent out there Dana had to do a show where only the most impressive finish gets a contract? Please
I admittedly doN't know much about MMA (surely not the political aspect of it and that how many people practice it), I'm a boxing fan but I try to be informed about the most important things from MMA.
You probably know it better how it grows all I was saying is that if a combat sport grows a time probably will come eventually when it "grows out" the original 8 weight divisions. It's natural.
If it does not grow then... well, then it's probably not necessary

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
So Ariel brought up the fact that the Jones vs Cormier started at UFC 121 in Anaheim, CA. That's where the initial Jones conversation about taking down Cormier thing happened in the back. Cormier was there cornering Cain because he was fighting Brock. Now almost 100 UFC's later they fight in Anaheim :wow:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
UFC 214 Preview: One card to rule them all

My preview for the big one is up fam. Appreciate all clicks and reads for sure and I'm interested in how everyone sees these fights going. I know I'm in the minority on Maia, but I think Woodley's typical striking habits could get him into unnecessary trouble in this one. Lots of interesting match-up tactics to discuss up and down this joint!

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Jones not liking Luke Thomas :dead: .
Even though they could use some humbling I hope this doesn't become the norm. You could just see Dana try to suppress a shyt eating grin when Jones did that. I wonder what the story is? I remember that one interview of luke's that Jones sandbagged spoke in a British accent all the way through:russ:

LinusCaldwell

Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Even though they could use some humbling I hope this doesn't become the norm. You could just see Dana try to suppress a shyt eating grin when Jones did that. I wonder what the story is? I remember that one interview of luke's that Jones sandbagged spoke in a British accent all the way through:russ:

Idk what's going on with Dana and MMA fighting. The humbling thing eh? How do you figure. I am surprised Luke didn't ask any other questions to other fighters. I also wonder if he knew Jones didn't mess with him, or was that the first time.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Idk what's going on with Dana and MMA fighting. The humbling thing eh? How do you figure. I am surprised Luke didn't ask any other questions to other fighters. I also wonder if he knew Jones didn't mess with him, or was that the first time.
year after year they were winning mma site of the year awards, they have the most visible presence of all the mma pundits. And they way they sit on their porch for the MMA beat casting aspersions like their shyt don't stink. They have a lot of sway and I think they are a little cocky.

Is it good to have journalists (if we can call them that) who don't drink from the kool aid? Yup. Would MMA miss the site and what they bring? Yes. But notwithstanding they are feeling themselves. And some of their views like bisbing rips a Cuban flag, Romero them burns a picture with bisbing and a flag. Clearly romero's was less classless yet they equated both actions the same.

They were timid to go down the road of McGregor's racist comments towards May or his history. But made a big deal about may's homophobic slur. Stuff like that ain't slick..

LinusCaldwell

Daps
Reppin
Chicago
year after year they were winning mma site of the year awards, they have the most visible presence of all the mma pundits. And they way they sit on their porch for the MMA beat casting aspersions like their shyt don't stink. They have a lot of sway and I think they are a little cocky.

Is it good to have journalists (if we can call them that) who don't drink from the kool aid? Yup. Would MMA miss the site and what they bring? Yes. But notwithstanding they are feeling themselves. And some of their views like bisbing rips a Cuban flag, Romero them burns a picture with bisbing and a flag. Clearly romero's was less classless yet they equated both actions the same.

They were timid to go down the road of McGregor's racist comments towards May or his history. But made a big deal about may's homophobic slur. Stuff like that ain't slick..

I wanted to see if they said anything about Floyd calling Conor a fakkit... they said something huh? Yeah I don't like the downplay of the racial remarks Conor said. I don't think he's a racist but he needs to be put into check.

The Bisping thing smh. He did it at the fight! Enough said

I was around Ariel today he gets a lot of love no doubt... but I don't know how much of the MMA crowd feels about their show. On Reddit I don't see them really saying anything just talk about stuff that happens on Ariel's show. But it seems like a couple of the coli MMA guys fed up.

Side bar we need more active users in this thread I'm tired of seeing randoms in fight threads or talking about Mcgregor. Especially if you're not in either the MMA or boxing threads.

LinusCaldwell

Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I spoke to a UFC employee today and he said outta all the recent free agency departures the biggest was Rory. He is a fierce competitor and he has a following. Everyone else they let go valued their self too high and couldn't find a proper justification for the UFC to want to keep them.

LinusCaldwell

Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Also Conor is doing it but there needs to be fighters who don't need to be champions. They just need to market and get paid. Names can be bigger than belts especially if you play your cards right in the UFC.

LinusCaldwell

Daps
Reppin
Chicago
If Khabib wins expect Conor vs Khabib to happen because of the support Khabib can get from Russia. Looks like Nate for Conor in Dec

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I wanted to see if they said anything about Floyd calling Conor a fakkit... they said something huh? Yeah I don't like the downplay of the racial remarks Conor said. I don't think he's a racist but he needs to be put into check.

The Bisping thing smh. He did it at the fight! Enough said

I was around Ariel today he gets a lot of love no doubt... but I don't know how much of the MMA crowd feels about their show. On Reddit I don't see them really saying anything just talk about stuff that happens on Ariel's show. But it seems like a couple of the coli MMA guys fed up.

Side bar we need more active users in this thread I'm tired of seeing randoms in fight threads or talking about Mcgregor. Especially if you're not in either the MMA or boxing threads.
I agree

Ps why don't you think conor is racist? :jbhmm:

Last edited: