The official MPC Thread

Daps
This thread is for all ya beat heads that feel like sharing and passing on that wealthy knowledge of what you've learned on the MPC pads.

Heres my contribution, lets get it popping heavy like homie in this video:

[YOUTUBE]krdgPjbTma0[/YOUTUBE]

[I can't front I've had an MPC 1000 for about 3 years now, and I need to have a couple of beats made by the end of the summer or I'll feel like I've blasphemed the Boom Bap gods. :sadbron:]

Daps
Love my 1000 but i'm ready for the 5000 or REN.

Any reasoning behind this? How long did it take for you to "master" the machine? (As in you were comfortable getting your ideas out onto it, and everything fit into the sound you were trying to create)

Da Jungles

CBALL
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MUSIC
One of the last few beats I made in my MPC 2000XL (Last year)

[YOUTUBE]v_LCYB5I6QA&list[/YOUTUBE]

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Any reasoning behind this? How long did it take for you to "master" the machine? (As in you were comfortable getting your ideas out onto it, and everything fit into the sound you were trying to create)

Before upgrading to jjos i had issues with the akai os, 2.13 it was fukking broken. Chopping was a pain in that update.

With the jjos 2xl everything was so faster and easier to use. I use to take the 1000 on my lunch break in the car and bang out joints.

Now i want a 5k or Ren for the bigger screen/tilt, larger pads, more banks, easier tracking out.

I forgot to mention that i have the old mpc 1000 with the bad pads so its a ticking timebomb.

Daps
^^^^^^^

I've been with the AKAI OS and have messed with the mpc here and there, but I don't know why I just can't get the "feel" that I'm looking for. (Understandably, I def. need more practice on it.) My other question is, should I pull the trigger on the JJ OS? Are the free downloads of JJ worth it?

[Can't afford a new beat machine breh gotta live and die by the 1000 :flabbynsick:]

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
^^^^^^^

I've been with the AKAI OS and have messed with the mpc here and there, but I don't know why I just can't get the "feel" that I'm looking for. (Understandably, I def. need more practice on it.) My other question is, should I pull the trigger on the JJ OS? Are the free downloads of JJ worth it?

[Can't afford a new beat machine breh gotta live and die by the 1000 :flabbynsick:]

Get the free one, you can always go back to akai os if you want. The free one is :krs: status. You can even save on it. I rocked the free one for 6 months before I paid for the OSXL one.

Just practice your timing man,with JJOS you can use the grid edit to nudge the notes back in place like FLSTUDIO step sequencer or any other modern daw.

[YOUTUBE]qe74_bezrgc&[/YOUTUBE]

Watch out for time stretching on the 1000 it's :beli:

Daps
^^^^^^

Damm man I think ima cave into the hype of the JJ OS I've been overthinking it since I got the damm MP :sadcam:

Time stretching another elusive concept of the MP... When I've enabled that feature, I've used it as another way to make the sample sound diff. when I mess with the pitch. AKA don't understand the music concepts that come from mastering an MPC.

[YOUTUBE]kzCfNodqQBw[/YOUTUBE]

:krs:

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps

Cal Cutta

Balthazar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yeah it looks like they just keep it in a perma-tilted position, which doesn't bother me at all