The official MPC Thread

Rominati

Legendary Poster
Daps
Yes . But bewarned the SCREEN issue in the 2000XL is huge, you might want factor in the cost of replacing the screen ($160-$220) if you cop an XL.

You can probably find a used 1000 for the same price.

Hmmm, I may cop the XL, and cop a new screen down the line. Alot of producers straight up shyt on the 1000, I dont wanna make that mistake. And I dont got the dough to cop a 2500

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Hmmm, I may cop the XL, and cop a new screen down the line. Alot of producers straight up shyt on the 1000, I dont wanna make that mistake. And I dont got the dough to cop a 2500

Don't forget also, if you really tracking out to a daw or console you need to have the 8 outs expander also.

edit
You don't "need it" but it's easier to manage with it.

Daps
Reppin
Trenton, NJ
Good looking breh, imma prolly end up with the 2500 down the line. But it seems like the 2k is a good starting point.

I would save and wait for the 2500, after years of rocking wit the XL, I loved it but it really hinders your way because of the hardware limitations...I didn't know it did NOT have usb when I bought it. :to: had to work my way around it but it can be frustrating :dead:.... MPC 2500 on up is :ahh:

Daps
nothing can compare w the workflow of an MPC, owned the 4k and 1k. sold the 4k it was overkill really. Kept the 1k and use it sparringly when working w samples only

Cole Cash

They took a hammer and sickle to my back
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland
dumb question, how can i make it so that the samples dont overlay when i press a button twice on the 2000xl, i hate how if i press a button it continues to play the previous button press, how do i make it so it cuts off?

Da Jungles

CBALL
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MUSIC
dumb question, how can i make it so that the samples dont overlay when i press a button twice on the 2000xl, i hate how if i press a button it continues to play the previous button press, how do i make it so it cuts off?

Press Shift + 6

Then Press F1

Now press the pad that you want to change

Then Press Params (which is F2)

Then Scroll to bottom right where it says "POLY"...change to "MONO"

Rominati

Legendary Poster
Daps
I would save and wait for the 2500, after years of rocking wit the XL, I loved it but it really hinders your way because of the hardware limitations...I didn't know it did NOT have usb when I bought it. :to: had to work my way around it but it can be frustrating :dead:.... MPC 2500 on up is :ahh:

Its funny you say that. I just hit up guitar center today to cancel my order on my 2000xl with max ram for like 600. And ending up copping a 2500 for 800.

When I ordered it and went back home to start seeing tutorials about how to upload samples. I saw it didnt have a USB :wtf: , and that you had to use mothafukking zips and floppy disks :heh:

A nikka dont got time for all that bullshyt. So I jus bossed up and copped the 2500 :win:

Daps
Reppin
Trenton, NJ
Its funny you say that. I just hit up guitar center today to cancel my order on my 2000xl with max ram for like 600. And ending up copping a 2500 for 800.

When I ordered it and went back home to start seeing tutorials about how to upload samples. I saw it didnt have a USB :wtf: , and that you had to use mothafukking zips and floppy disks :heh:

A nikka dont got time for all that bullshyt. So I jus bossed up and copped the 2500 :win:

Im :what: cuz I did a tutorial today and my company was like what the hell is that pointing to my zip drive. Said why does it use nintendo cartridges:mad: any of y'all got the maschine