AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
This could have been Asian ppls Black Panther moment

But they hired a cac instead

:snoop:
Could it tho? I mean BP is Black and has a decades long following in the comics as that. Turning a historically white character Asian wouldn't have had the same effect. I wouldn't have had a problem with it but his history and the overall quality of the show it might have actually backfired.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
20 minutes into the first episode and already it's better than all of Jessica Jones' seasons. :mjlol:

I'm a few episodes into it now and it grabbed my attention fully.
20minutes into iron fist and its already better than all of jessica jones seasons as in season 1 as well? :rudy:thats some dangerous taste you have considering IF started like a CW soap

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Finished this yesterday, it wasn't as bad as the reviews but I can understand people hating on the main character. Dude's acting is like a spoiled brat and his fighting has 0 rhythm, stiff as hell when he fights.

I enjoyed most of the storyline though:yeshrug: and Colleen makes it easy to watch every episode:mjgrin:.

Ward was the best part of the show with his acting

PlainSight

Anon
Daps
Reppin
UK
I rewatched this last week - not as terrible as I remember it being but still quite bad:

- The fighting was still bad but wasn't completely terrible. It still should have been miles better - it's Iron Fist, he should have been crisp as fukk. Finn Jones made the character too whiny to be Iron Fist so hopefully he's better if/when the 2nd season drops.

- The Meachums were more interesting than The Hand. Bakuto should have been called Basura :francis:. Gao was the shyt but that was it. Ward and Joy (arguably Colleen too) were the most interesting characters as well as Harold.

- Despite the above, Rosario Dawson out acted everyone in the show bar Carrie Ann Moss. Every scene she was in, she was the most solid.

- Jessica Stroup used to be fine. When did she start looking so weathered? :patrice: (I mean, she's still good but she ain't that old).

For season 2, we need better fighting choreography, a better villain (which we'll get with Davos IMO), and Danny needs to be less whiny bytch and more zen fighter. Trying to get my dad to watch it but he refused. He's a Marvel head and used to read Iron Fist when he was younger. He was deeply disappointed in the casting choice and won't watch on principle :russ: