The Official Netflix Marvel's "Luke Cage" Season 1 Thread

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
So few posts in here :mjpls:
Well to be fair there hasn't been any new news + we've seen all the stills from the set. I don't recall the jj thread doing numbers either. And it's obvious this will be more like that than the costume avenging action orientated DD

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Luke Cage producer hopes to make Marvel's 'The Wire'

Cheo Hodari Coker says the series is immeersed in 90s hip-hop

XAv7prz.jpg

'Luke Cage', the upcoming Netflix TV series, is going to be the Marvel Cinematic Universe's version of 'The Wire', according to its executive producer Cheo Hodari Coker.

Coker, who has also written several of the series' opening episodes, hopes his show will hit the heights of HBO's seminal crime drama, which concerned the many problems in the US city of Baltimore, and which is considered one of the best TV series of all time.

“It’s very sophisticated," he told Entertainment Weekly at the premiere of the Marvel's latest blockbuster Captain America: Civil War. "I mean, it’s got a ’90s hip-hop vibe, but it’s really forward-thinking. We have Adrian Younge and Ali Shaheed Muhammad doing the scoring for us.”

Starring Mike Colter as the eponymous, bulletproof hero, 'Luke Cage' is the first black character from the Marvel archives to top the billing of any film or series. Set in modern-day Harlem, a historically African-American neighbourhood of New York City, the show is Marvel's third collaboration with Netflix after Daredevil and Jessica Jones, and promises to follow the same gritty tone, but with its own unique character.

Coker said: “We have a lot of different musical appearances, but at the same time, we’ve got the Marvel action. We’ve got drama. I would like this to be, I mean, I know this is heavy but, 'The Wire' of Marvel television, because we really deal with a lot of different issues.”

Colter, who was also on the red carpet, said that the series is very faithful to his character, but that some changes were necessary.

He said:“We were trying not to be on the nose. We’re going to give all the fans all the things they want. But we’ve got to bring it up a bit and step into the current time. So we’re going to make sure everybody’s happy, but don’t expect a yellow shirt every day. Let’s put it that way … We brought it to mustard. We started there. We knocked it down a bit. Not so bright.”

'Luke Cage' will be available to stream in full on 30 September via Netflix.

Read more at Luke Cage producer hopes to make Marvel's 'The Wire' | NME.COM

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
A Tribe Called Quest's Ali Shaheed Muhammad and Adrian Younge Scoring Marvel’s "Luke Cage"

In an interview with Pitchfork, they revealed that they were scoring a TV project with a full orchestra conducted by Brainfeeder associate Miguel Atwood-Ferguson. Now, that project has been revealed—they're behind the music of Marvel's upcoming Netflix series "Luke Cage." Showrunner Cheo Hodari Coker confirmed the collaboration to Entertainment Weekly. “It’s very sophisticated. I mean, it’s got a ’90s hip-hop vibe, but it’s really forward-thinking. We have Adrian Younge and Ali Shaheed Muhammad doing the scoring for us,” he said.

A Tribe Called Quest's Ali Shaheed Muhammad and Adrian Younge Scoring Marvel’s "Luke Cage" | Pitchfork