Essential The Official Post Your Entertainment Setup Thread

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Just picked up another Denon DNP-800NE Network Audio Player. After I setup my NAS box and dumped all my cd's on it, I bought one for the bedroom. Plays just about any audio file you can throw at it, has streaming options, USB port, Denon phone/tablet app, BT and Wifi along with standard ethernet, I ripped all my cd's to 16bit/24bit FLAC lossless format and this sounds exactly like the original discs, plus music is way easier to find then going through jewel cases. These things are sold out everywhere and have been for well over a month, I wanted another one for the living room where the home theater is setup. Found an open box one for 10% off and told them to ship it!.

DNP800NE_gallery_slider3_eu__41999.1575521698.png

de_dnp_800ne_e3_bk_re_001_lo_au__36793.1575521719.jpg

Last edited:

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Doing some construction on our house right now and since the walls were open, I decided to install hella outlets all over the joint lol.

I placed one higher on the wall where my tv is mounted and made a cord chase out of pvc to hide all the cables coming from it

08yrULKl.jpg

09zXDNvl.jpg

@Tenchi® Ryu™

Also since I'm always helping people with their streaming devices or a device needs charging, I added an outlet that has usb/usbc ports built into it near my entertainment stand

Jlz4CS4l.jpg

Last edited:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm about to upgrade my receiver. I have 2 from about 8 years ago (Onkyo 7.1 and Yamaha 5.1 setups)

Costco has this one available for $329
Yamaha RX-V6A 7.2-Channel Network A/V Receiver with MusicCast

I read about the HDMI 2.1 issues and some of the features are pending an update, but for the price and the future proofing angle I think I can bite for the cheaper price. I don't plan on gaming too much in the room where this will be set up at anyway, so the 4K/120hz isn't a deal breaker for me.

edzyy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Upgraded to Onix Rocket RS850's

Next upgrade is 2 Sony N55es amplifiers. Bridged mono should give me 300 x 2.

My subwoofers are not In optimal locations, but they still phenomenal.

S3H8LFL.jpg

Turns out I had too much speaker for this room. They were too close to the wall which made them boomy and gave them a narrow Soundstage.

I took the philharmonic AA monitors I had on my desk and then added an Art Cleanbox Pro + A Crown XLS1002. If my math is right, I went from 50 watts a channel to around 275. Don't need the subs, since these bookshelves give me solid low end down to 30hz(No bullshyt. Google reviews on these)

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Turns out I had too much speaker for this room. They were too close to the wall which made them boomy and gave them a narrow Soundstage.

I took the philharmonic AA monitors I had on my desk and then added an Art Cleanbox Pro + A Crown XLS1002. If my math is right, I went from 50 watts a channel to around 275. Don't need the subs, since these bookshelves give me solid low end down to 30hz(No bullshyt. Google reviews on these)

Not bad at all.

I ordered a new SVS sub, should be arriving this week.

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
What model?

I'm grabbing these next Salk Sound

I also need a rug, cleaner amplification, and room treatments.

Review of the ones I have now Philharmonic Affordable Accurate Monitor?

SB-1000

Went with this in black ash, I wanted the piano black but it was sold out everywhere. Might not be a bad thing tho, I have some piano black bookshelf speakers and they are fingerprint and dust magnets.

Those Salt Sound units are nice! I like the finish options and the driver setup. Did you get a chance to demo them?

edzyy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
SB-1000

Went with this in black ash, I wanted the piano black but it was sold out everywhere. Might not be a bad thing tho, I have some piano black bookshelf speakers and they are fingerprint and dust magnets.

Those Salt Sound units are nice! I like the finish options and the driver setup. Did you get a chance to demo them?

Nah, but I have the entry levels from Dennis and they are mind blowing for $200. I'm sure the BMR's are end game speakers.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
What happened?
I bought a home for my mom and brother. My mom got a jail bird BF. He was locked up when I purchased the home. I told my mom he cannot live there. I specifically told her “I will kick u out the house if u move him in”. She obviously agreed lol. It’s a free house where she only had to pay utilities and kick in a few bucks for insurance and taxes.

Homey had like a 3 year min sentence. Mind u I’m busy so I don’t go to my mom house a lot. Long story short. I was checking on my cuz bid on my state offender website. I said to myself “let me see when dude (mom bf) get out”. Low and behold he was released a month earlier to my house. I was pissed. I called my bro (he a lil slow) and asked him “is duke there”? My bro tried to lie. So i threatened him. He fessed up and said “yeah”.

I stopped everything i was doing. Got a $30 cab ride. Went over there and threw them out the same day. No BS. Mom called the police and everything . The police asked whose house it was. I said mine (good thing I didn’t put it in her name) Police kept it pushing after I said that . I was just about to reup my lease the next month. But I had to pivot. So I moved in my house and left my apt :mjlol: