Essential The Official Post Your Entertainment Setup Thread

Htrb-nvr-blk-&-ug-as-evr

Black and not crackin’
Supporter
Daps
Thanks fam, been into this stuff heavy since I was 21, 23yrs later I'm still at it lol. Them SVSs really do sound phenomenal, I literally am hearing and feeling bass that I have not heard before sitting on the couch. Watching Hunter Killer, got me looking around the room like :ooh:. My wiremold channel raceways along the ceiling are vibrating, and they are snugly screwed in. I got serious back 2016 when I bought the Onkyo 3030, never had a top of line AVR before, started building from there. I wanted sound quality in every room. The Denon's were the best rated network media players, with all my music converted to FLAC and on the NAS boxes, they were a natural addition since selling my cd/dvd players.

Been rocking with Energy since '98, the C2's in the pc room are from that year, bought them brand new, still sound as good as when I 1st hooked them up back then. The 6.3 Veritas towers were at the time Energy's top shelf speakers, $3K for the pair, soundstage is just :ohlawd:, vocals float and instruments come alive and I don't even have them bi-amped. I got a killer deal on them for $550 for both from an original owner. He had Def Tech towers and 2 Samsung 80+" 4K tv's, he just wanted the Veritas in good hands. Slight cosmetic damage from shipping, was always a problem with these ones. If you can find ANYTHING in the Veritas lineup in great shape with original drivers, GET THEM!!! These towers will play down to 30-40hz and produce good bass. I set the xover on AVR at 70 to give them a break for the lower frequencies. I'm not up on SVS other speakers, very new to their brand. If they perform anything like their subs, they should be fantastic.
Thanks for the insight. I will check those out and I didn’t think to consider buying used. As I mentioned awhile ago, I need to tackle my sub problem first I guess. Very nice setup, though...

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Thanks for the insight. I will check those out and I didn’t think to consider buying used. As I mentioned awhile ago, I need to tackle my sub problem first I guess. Very nice setup, though...

No problem fam. I've found especially in audio most peeps who buy high end stuff take care of it, so used shouldn't be an issue. My C7 Towers in the bedroom were used, bought them on Ebay from Canada. They look brand new, not a scratch on them, came with everything packed safely along with carpet spikes. Thanks for the feedback. Last thing is a bigger tv, Samsung 82 or 85 Q9 or LG 77 OLED.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Unless you can't fit a ported sub, always opt for the ported option with these high end companies imo. The "tight" bass will still be there when you are talking these quality drivers but pressure difference will be huge. Go ported in the future breh, trust me.

Let me get some daylight and I'll snap a pic of my set up here in a bit.

Htrb-nvr-blk-&-ug-as-evr

Black and not crackin’
Supporter
Daps
@Htrb-nvr-blk-&-ug-as-evr

Energy Veritas V-6.3 Tower Speakers

If you can find a way to get them, well worth it.
Thanks for the link! Too bad he’s not close or even in the lower 48. I can imagine shipping will be somewhat egregious. I think my sub is in more need of attention, so working to get it replaced and will tackle the stereo at a later date. Will probably go the dual HSU VTF-2 MK5s for the home theater when they are back in stock...
F8606706-4-AB5-4-A7-A-AFC4-7-C0-AD9380403.jpg

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Thanks for the link! Too bad he’s not close or even in the lower 48. I can imagine shipping will be somewhat egregious. I think my sub is in more need of attention, so working to get it replaced and will tackle the stereo at a later date. Will probably go the dual HSU VTF-2 MK5s for the home theater when they are back in stock...
F8606706-4-AB5-4-A7-A-AFC4-7-C0-AD9380403.jpg

Yea, shipping from Canada can be costly, my C7 towers were $250 and then another $250 to ship from Canada, they were packaged like factory condition tho. You looking to shake the foundation with dual subs, nice!

Htrb-nvr-blk-&-ug-as-evr

Black and not crackin’
Supporter
Daps
Yea, shipping from Canada can be costly, my C7 towers were $250 and then another $250 to ship from Canada, they were packaged like factory condition tho. You looking to shake the foundation with dual subs, nice!
Well, more like trying to get more even, quality bass. This one ancient sub-12 I have needs to go back into the living room where bass isn’t that important. It’s a bit boomy and there are too many nulls in the room. I’ll post the setup once I get the subs and @ you...

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Starting to think audio now. What are some good receivers out there. Where is $1500 golng to get my total audio solution? Will I be disgusting or will I want to dance like MC Hammer and do the Running Man brehs? :blessed:
this audio shyt expensive breh

1500 not gonna get you much unless you want a basic 5.1 setup

if you want a good atmos setup or need hdmi 2.1 you're gonna pay over $1000 just for the receiver

far as good receivers go i prefer Denons....Yamahas are good too

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Well, more like trying to get more even, quality bass. This one ancient sub-12 I have needs to go back into the living room where bass isn’t that important. It’s a bit boomy and there are too many nulls in the room. I’ll post the setup once I get the subs and @ you...
if thats the case then go with Rythmik

I had the same HSU sub you posted and it can be boomy and sounds sloppy compared to Rythmik subs

I got the Rythmik LVX12 and it sounds way better than the HSU and SVS subs i had before

the SVS was overpriced and not in the same league as the other 2

I kept the HSU and eventually gave it to my brother when i got my 2nd Rythmik sub(FV15HP)

edit: the HSU sub i had was actually the VTF-15H MK2 and the Rythmik LVX12 outperformed it so im sure it shyts on the VTF-2 MK5

Last edited:

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
this audio shyt expensive breh

1500 not gonna get you much unless you want a basic 5.1 setup

if you want a good atmos setup or need hdmi 2.1 you're gonna pay over $1000 just for the receiver

far as good receivers go i prefer Denons....Yamahas are good too

Thanks breh, I need to go negotiate with my better half. I didn't even tell her about the 1500 I was planning on spending so I need to slow play the higher amount :francis::russ:

Htrb-nvr-blk-&-ug-as-evr

Black and not crackin’
Supporter
Daps
if thats the case then go with Rythmik

I had the same HSU sub you posted and it can be boomy and sounds sloppy compared to Rythmik subs

I got the Rythmik LVX12 and it sounds way better than the HSU and SVS subs i had before

the SVS was overpriced and not in the same league as the other 2

I kept the HSU and eventually gave it to my brother when i got my 2nd Rythmik sub(FV15HP)

edit: the HSU sub i had was actually the VTF-15H MK2 and the Rythmik LVX12 outperformed it so im sure it shyts on the VTF-2 MK5
I’ve heard good things about Rhythmik....I’ll check them out, but probably the LV12F since I’m going duals. I can believe any ported sub would be boomy at higher volumes, but being that my theater is small and I’m trying to get even, quality bass at all seating positions, the HSU should do just as well...

Htrb-nvr-blk-&-ug-as-evr

Black and not crackin’
Supporter
Daps
Thanks breh, I need to go negotiate with my better half. I didn't even tell her about the 1500 I was planning on spending so I need to slow play the higher amount :francis::russ:
Accessories4less: High End Audio at Low End Prices!
Is a good spot to get quality components for less than retail. A lot are manufacturer refurbs but they are quality. I picked up a Yamaha AS1100 factory refurb amp for my 2 channel turntable setup for like $1600.... it was a $2500 amp regular price. Has been running perfectly for the past 3 years...