Essential The Official Post Your Entertainment Setup Thread

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
@Htrb-nvr-blk-&-ug-as-evr

Got the 2nd SB-2000 :whoo::ohlawd: is basically my reaction, they are felt everywhere when they hit that 20-50hz bass, pictures on the wall vibrate, couch feels like it has a bass-shaker mounted to it. I can only imagine SVS higher end equipment. Pics with equipment list below, I still have shopping to do.

Living Room:

Samsung KS8000 65" 4K SUHD
Onkyo TX-NR3030 11.2CH Atmos Network AVR
Denon DNP-800NE Network Audio Player
Samsung K8500 4K UHD BD Player
Built Gaming PC - AMD Ryzen 2700X, ASUS Crosshair 6 X370 MB, 32GB Ram, EVGA RTX2070 FTW3 GPU
Energy Veritas 6.3 Towers
Energy Veritas V-5.2-C Center
Energy Take 5 Sats Top Front and Top Rear Heights (4)
Energy C-R100 Bipole Surround Sides and Rear (4)
SVS SB-2000 Subs (2)
Drobo 5N2 NAS

3O3A4807.jpg

3O3A4809.jpg

3O3A4808.jpg

2nd Bedroom:

Samsung 50" 4K NU71000
Samsung K8500 UHD BD Player
Sony STR-DH590 5.1 AVR
Denon DNP-800NE Network Audio Player
Synology DS920+ NAS
Energy C7 Towers
Energy C1 Center
Velodyne VA1012XII Sub

3O3A4812.jpg

PC Room:

Samsung 55" 4K Q90T
Dell 49" U4919W UltraSharp 5K Monitor
Onkyo TX-NR646 7.2CH Atmos Network AVR
Drobo 5C DAS
Built PC - AMD Ryzen 2700X, MSI X570 Gaming Edge WIFI MB, 16GB RAM, ASUS Phoenix 1660 OC 6GB GPU
Energy C2 Bookshelves
Energy C1 Center
Velodyne VA1012XII Sub

3O3A3862.jpg

This some grown man shyt right here :mjcry:

This inspired me to redo my PC gaming set up cause I been rocking these cheap as logitech 5.1 for about 8 years now :mjcry:

You got the logitech racing wheel to :ohlawd:

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
This some grown man shyt right here :mjcry:

This inspired me to redo my PC gaming set up cause I been rocking these cheap as logitech 5.1 for about 8 years now :mjcry:

You got the logitech racing wheel to :ohlawd:

Thanks fam, took me some time to put it all the together. Yea, I done been through my share of Logitech speakers, they make nice stuff, but compared to a home theater setup its on another level. Plus games are in Dolby Atmos so the sound is all over. Some of the horror games had me looking around the room like :damn:, hearing stuff in the back and overhead. I've changed some stuff since that photo, new pc case and motherboard now sits on the side by the couch, added a Nvidia Shield TV Pro unit.

That wheel, pedals, shifter, and Playseat is the game changer for racing. I could never go back to a controller. Highly recommended!

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Thanks breh, I need to go negotiate with my better half. I didn't even tell her about the 1500 I was planning on spending so I need to slow play the higher amount :francis::russ:
you could just get 1 piece at a time...thats what most of us do when we upgrade

its gonna be expensive af buying everything at once

you can start with a good receiver and just get cheap speakers for now

here a good future proof receiver that will last years

and you can start of with a budget speaker/sub package like this one to hold you oover until you can upgrade your sub and speakers
Monoprice Premium 5.1-Channel Home Theater System with Subwoofer - Monoprice.com

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Got my Onkyo 3030 back from service unrepaired, HDMI board is on backorder for months, however it turns out I might not need it. Weirdly enough, the unit works as it should, I discovered that a few of the HDMI sockets were bent from stress from the cables. I carefully moved parts of the socket back into place along with the inside upper and lower tabs that snug the cable in and everything works as should. Ordered Ivanky cables which are braided but not heavy.

Ordered a few of these HDMI locks to keep the cable in place and not put stress on the ports:

HDMI Cable Universal Locking Adapter by hd EZ lock for Loose HDMI

step-3.png

Last edited:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Picked up a Sony XBR-85X900H 85", cinematic is the word :damn::ohlawd:

Gotta send my Onkyo 3030 in for HDMI issues, might be upgrading that when I get it back.

3O3A5410.jpg

Got my Onkyo 3030 back from service unrepaired, HDMI board is on backorder for months, however it turns out I might not need it. Weirdly enough, the unit works as it should, I discovered that a few of the HDMI sockets were bent from stress from the cables. I carefully moved parts of the socket back into place along with the inside upper and lower tabs that snug the cable in and everything works as should. Ordered Ivanky cables which are braided but not heavy.

Ordered a few of these HDMI locks to keep the cable in place and not put stress on the ports:

HDMI Cable Universal Locking Adapter by hd EZ lock for Loose HDMI

step-3.png

Dope, I copped that same TV and size during the Black Friday sale season. I copped the Yamaha RX V6A receiver for the low too, it was like $350 at Costco around that time... with your Onkyo, were you experiencing weird audio drops with the X900h?

Last edited:

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Dope, I copped that same TV and size during the Black Friday sale season. I copped the Yamaha RX V6A receiver for the low too, it was like $350 at Costco around that time... with your Onkyo, were you experience weird audio drops with the X900h?

I love this tv, Sony did a great job with it and the pricing is just crazy affordable. Nah, with the Onkyo this was caused on my own, had a friend help me hang the Sony on the wall mount, the Onkyo was ontop of the tv stand and his hand came down on the HDMI cables carrying the tv. I didn't think anything of it until I fired it up and there video but no audio. I should have had him switch sides with me in hindsight cause I knew what was over there. Reset the Onkyo, no luck, that's when it went in for repair. I think the only thing damaged was the cables which I have since replaced, HDMI sockets needed some adjusting thats it. Back in business!

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I love this tv, Sony did a great job with it and the pricing is just crazy affordable. Nah, with the Onkyo this was caused on my own, had a friend help me hang the Sony on the wall mount, the Onkyo was ontop of the tv stand and his hand came down on the HDMI cables carrying the tv. I didn't think anything of it until I fired it up and there video but no audio. I should have had him switch sides with me in hindsight cause I knew what was over there. Reset the Onkyo, no luck, that's when it went in for repair. I think the only thing damaged was the cables which I have since replaced, HDMI sockets needed some adjusting thats it. Back in business!
I was experiencing some weird issue where the audio would just blank out. Wasn't sure if it was the TV or the receiver causing it. The 8K board receivers were notoriously having issues across all brands, and Yamaha launched these things stating that the 8K support would come down the road, so I was getting annoyed because I had 8 year old receivers that weren't doing this prior to me upgrading
:francis:

Now it's seemed to be fixed after a few updates for my TV. I think that may have been the issue.

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
I was experiencing some weird issue where the audio would just blank out. Wasn't sure if it was the TV or the receiver causing it. The 8K board receivers were notoriously having issues across all brands, and Yamaha launched these things stating that the 8K support would come down the road, so I was getting annoyed because I had 8 year old receivers that weren't doing this prior to me upgrading
:francis:

Now it's seemed to be fixed after a few updates for my TV. I think that may have been the issue.

I've had that happen every once and awhile I chalked it up to possible cable issues. I know my older Onkyo 7.2 avr that would happen quite a bit, I figured it was the HDMI board going bad. I know that Onkyo, Denon, Pioneer, and Marantz I believe were bought by the same company, not sure if they are sharing parts.

I know the older electronics used to last so much longer than the new stuff.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I've had that happen every once and awhile I chalked it up to possible cable issues. I know my older Onkyo 7.2 avr that would happen quite a bit, I figured it was the HDMI board going bad. I know that Onkyo, Denon, Pioneer, and Marantz I believe were bought by the same company, not sure if they are sharing parts.

I know the older electronics used to last so much longer than the new stuff.
I had an older Onkyo 7.1 and it would cut out for only a split second. Then I tested it with my old Yamaha, and it didn't drop audio, but the HDMI connection would timeout for whatever reason with the TV and I would have to resync it, not a deal breaker, but annoying.

Then I saw the deal for the new receiver and the audio drops would be worse than the Onkyo I had which would only last for like 1 to 2 seconds. The newer one would be out for like 10-15 seconds
:dahell:

Luckily, I've noticed that after a few updates for the receiver and the TV, the issue seems to be resolved. Was just trying to see if you experienced any of that with the x900h.

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
I had an older Onkyo 7.1 and it would cut out for only a split second. Then I tested it with my old Yamaha, and it didn't drop audio, but the HDMI connection would timeout for whatever reason with the TV and I would have to resync it, not a deal breaker, but annoying.

Then I saw the deal for the new receiver and the audio drops would be worse than the Onkyo I had which would only last for like 1 to 2 seconds. The newer one would be out for like 10-15 seconds
:dahell:

Luckily, I've noticed that after a few updates for the receiver and the TV, the issue seems to be resolved. Was just trying to see if you experienced any of that with the x900h.

Can't say I have experience any audio issues with the x900h, I don't use it for anything except a display. The arc is connected, but I use the Nvidia Shield for any streaming duties.

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Few upgrades, since getting the 3030 back, it wouldn't fit in my glass tv stand, gave it to a friend and bought a new stand with adjustable shelves. Put the 85" on a heavy duty full-motion wall mount, makes it so easy to clean behind the tv or change/connect cables if you need, it hovers about 2" above the tv stand. Picked up some spectrum analyzers/clocks for visual when listening to music. Also swapped out my 2 Samsung 4K UHD blu-ray players for 2 Sony UBP-800M2 units , they have a solid weight to them and construction is very nice, and the main thing is you don't hear the disc spinning inside.

3O3A5751.jpg

3O3A5754.jpg

The Samsung 65" KS8000 is now in the bedroom along with a Denon AVR-S750H 7.2 Atmos Network AVR and 1 of the Sony UHD players. As crazy as it sounds I still want a bigger tv in the bedroom, like a 75" or 82".

3O3A5757.jpg

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Has anyone ran into an issue where your sound to your HTIB stop workings while connected to the TV?

The soundbar/sub still work as I can connect my phone (blue tooth) to it and listen to music. But it doesn't have any audio from the TV (direct in/arc).

Is it possible that my HDMI cable went bad or is it an issue with the TV?