The OFFICIAL ROSE BOWL THREAD: The #1 MICHIGAN WOLVERINES vs. the #4 ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE - 1/1/24

WHO will WIN and advance to the NATIONAL TITLE GAME

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Don't think Bama can stop Michigan's run game. I do want to see how our OL looks with all the shuffling.

Milroe will be hard to contain out of the pocket but our secondary will force him into 2+ turnovers.

Michigan by 10.
Michigan is 59th is rush yards per game.

They only average 4.2 yards per rush

Corum is not as good as he was last year. He only rushed for over 100 yards in 2 games

Same for Edwards he had 900 yards last year and only 300 This year

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
Alabama:

-48th rated rushing defense
-18th overall defense
-23rd pass yards allowed
-Not in the top 50 for red zone defense
-19th in turnover margin at .62

Obviously an extremely talented team but I stand on Milroe having to beat us with his legs and not turning the ball over which will be a tall task vs our defense.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I think Michigan has the better defense but they may offset each other. McCarthy is the better QB and can make better off script plays. If Michigan stops the Alabama RB’s they may have to design blitzes to make Milroe uncomfortable.

I know guys like Paul Finebaum and the ESPN machine will be behind Alabama so I already expect it and it’s happening already.

Michigan has to spend this month working on the Oline, getting everyone healthy and coming out with a more aggressive game plan than they had the last three weeks. They can’t do this run of the mill “Iowa ish” grind it out game..

Last year TCU came out with nothing to lose and quickly made Michigan play that Big 12 hell on wheels style. Michigan was never comfortable and McCarthy made too many mistakes.

With all the success Michigan has had for the past three years is nice but if it leads to a 3rd semifinal loss then to me it’s still a terrible failure almost like the Bills in the 90s.

With that said:

Michigan 24
Alabama 20
Michigan does not have the better defense, they didn’t play a good offense all year. Bama has the best pass rush in the country and 2 NFL corners

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
Alabama:

-48th rated rushing defense
-18th overall defense
-23rd pass yards allowed
-Not in the top 50 for red zone defense
-19th in turnover margin at .62

Obviously an extremely talented team but I stand on Milroe having to beat us with his legs and not turning the ball over which will be a tall task vs our defense.
This is pretty much how I feel on it. If our secondary wasnt as good as they are, I'd be more worried. I think its gonna be a damn good game tbh.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
This is pretty much how I feel on it. If our secondary wasnt as good as they are, I'd be more worried. I think its gonna be a damn good game tbh.
Your defensive stats are built on play the worse offense in the sport. This is partly why TCU did what they did last year.

Nothing Michigan did on defense can be trusted( pun intended)

Maryland had a lot of success on Michigan defense and it Tualia wasn’t a TO machine then they would’ve scored more

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Michigan does not have the better defense, they didn’t play a good offense all year. Bama has the best pass rush in the country and 2 NFL corners

Osu and PSU offenses were overrated but still better than yours. Burton is another Lambert Smith. Same WR, same result

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Your defensive stats are built on play the worse offense in the sport. This is partly why TCU did what they did last year.

Nothing Michigan did on defense can be trusted( pun intended)

Maryland had a lot of success on Michigan defense and it Tualia wasn’t a TO machine then they would’ve scored more

What’s more relevant, last years game against TCU or you struggling with Payton Thorne? Texas and Georgia erased Bama on the ground, what do you think a better and tougher team than both gonna do?

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
What’s more relevant, last years game against TCU or you struggling with Payton Thorne? Texas and Georgia erased Bama on the ground, what do you think a better and tougher team than both gonna do?
I just watched full game highlights on YT, and I'm not sure wtf Georgia was doin that game. They were out of position so many times. That's not like UGA. Also, Milroe's legs scare me, but his arm doesn't. And he stayed in the pocket a hell of a long time and paid for it a few times.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
I just watched full game highlights on YT, and I'm not sure wtf Georgia was doin that game. They were out of position so many times. That's not like UGA. Also, Milroe's legs scare me, but his arm doesn't. And he stayed in the pocket a hell of a long time and paid for it a few times.
If Lane Kiffin or Sark was the oc at Bama, this game wouldn't be close. Be thankful Saban hired who he did. Cuz this is the fastest team Michigan has faced by far. The talent on Bamas offense is under utilized. Coaching is the only reason Michigan will have a chance

That Georgia Game shoulda been a 14pt win, but Tommy Rees is what he is