The Official Throwback Gaming Thread: No HD allowed, 60fps welcomed :blessed:

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Any of yall playing a throwback/classic that yall just love to revisit? or perhaps you never beat it. This is the thread for it.

In my anticipation for MGS V, I've been looking for older stuff to play to keep my busy. Recently I started playing Mega Man Legends for ps1.

:wow: Game is still fun for me, I never beat it (or atleast I cant remember if I did:patrice:) so a lot of the game is a new experience for me.

The controls were a lil :scusthov: at first (you know a lot of early 3d games controlled like tanks) but the freedom exploration and sense of discovery is :krs: Love finding different parts in the ruins and taking it back to Roll to see what she whips up. Really want to get the shinning laser.

The little easter eggs/secrets in this game still add to the game and give me extra incentive, all with out feeling like a fetch quest IMO (probably because the game world is so small).

Mega man isn't the deepest game, but there is certainly some depth to weapons. Buster gun can be upgraded with different parts that increase different categories. (mine has damn near max attack but short every thing else) and you can make different special weapons from parts you find in the ruins (so far non have really been helpful, I pretty much just use my buster gun :manny:

Also been playing spider man 1 and 2, and while they are still fun, I can honestly say the open world spider man games have made going back to them a little harder. The costumes that we got for free in those older games tho :blessed:

Anyone else playing a throwback/classic from yesteryear?

@Kamikaze Revy, you got a pretty big collection, you not playing any of that? :ohhh:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I decided to play through the first three Suikodens again and get all 108 stars in each since it's all available on PSN now. In terms of JRPG's, these games have aged really well imo. The graphics haven't aged great but not poorly, the combat system is simple but fun and the massive character roster makes mixing and matching parties a deep and fun experience. Part 2 is still one of the GOAT rpg's, but both 1 and 3 are really great games. I haven't beaten the third one yet, been grinding it and just enjoying the ride. I may head out to cop a PS2 and get 4 and 5 to complete the experience.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Good thread. Coincidentally ive started playing through final fantasy 8 just this past weekend. I've never beaten it. I got to the last disc and a younger cousin had overwritten my file. :beli:

I play through Metal Gear Solid 1 on the ps1 at least once a year and Chrono Trigger.

If I find the time I've been wanting to play through Parasite Eve and the first Zelda for nes.

-DMP-

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good thread. Coincidentally ive started playing through final fantasy 8 just this past weekend. I've never beaten it. I got to the last disc and a younger cousin had overwritten my file. :beli:

I play through Metal Gear Solid 1 on the ps1 at least once a year and Chrono Trigger.

If I find the time I've been wanting to play through Parasite Eve and the first Zelda for nes.

After 7, I tried to call my self an RPG head and borrowed my friends FF8, I wasn't an rpg head :mjcry:

I did buy FFX tho, still need to beat it :francis:

Played through MG 1/2 about 6 months ago. and it was straight but I really struggled with replaying MGS1. the controls and camera control had me :dwillhuh: beat it eventually tho.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
copped a backwards compatible ps3, been on my throwback shyt.

beat vice city a few months ago, currently playing San Andreas. gonna play 3 after i beat that. doing them in chronological order. :ohhh: i prolly should have did the stories too.

also started story modes going in nba street vol. 2 and Def Jam fight for ny.

i wanna cop budokai tenkaichi 3, can't find it for cheaper than $60 though. :francis:

been playing ps3 shyt too. i think I'm at the end of stick of truth, was playing arkham origins until knight dropped, I'm at the beginning of red dead redemption, and I've been playing the 1st black ops online.

Last edited:

Ice Cold

King of Blades
Daps
For actual throwbacks my wife copped me an og Xbox for my birthday I got def jam vendetta, Stubbs the zombie , otofi 1 and 2 and Shen Mue 2.
I need to put in work for shen mue 2 I lost my bag and got to work for money :dahell:
I'm also playing klonoa and mega man x4 on vita

-DMP-

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
copped a backwards compatible ps3, been on my throwback shyt.

beat vice city a few months ago, currently playing San Andreas. gonna play 3 after i beat that. doing them in chronological order. :ohhh: i prolly should have did the stories too.

also started story modes going in nba street vol. 2 and Def Jam fight for ny.

i wanna cop budokai tenkaichi 3, can't find it for cheaper than $60 though. :francis:

been playing ps3 shyt too. i think I'm at the end of stick of truth, was playing arkham origins until knight dropped, I'm at the beginning of red dead redemption, and I've been playing the 1st black ops online.

breh what firmware is that ps3 on? you might be able to jail break it :ohlawd:

A jailbroken ps3 is probably one of the best consoles of all time. I got mine jail broken with a 1TB HDD in it. it can play every thing from Atari to snes to psp to ps3 with no disk needed. just the iso.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
breh what firmware is that ps3 on? you might be able to jail break it :ohlawd:

A jailbroken ps3 is probably one of the best consoles of all time. I got mine jail broken with a 1TB HDD in it. it can play every thing from Atari to snes to psp to ps3 with no disk needed. just the iso.
the latest... is it too late?:sadcam:

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
Good luck breh. I don't have the patience for some of them stars :francis:
fukking rainbow road/clock tower gonna be the death of me

I also plan to once again try to beat super empire strikes back at some point soon on snes