The official ‘Tory Lanez vs Megan Thee Stallion’ trial thread.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Dude is on trial for firing a weapon and his defense called a witness that said he fired a weapon:mjlol:

Remember shooting meg is only one of the charges.

“this chick” is the only one looking at it from a realistic legal perspective. That was a horrible fukkin witness. He ensured Tory is going to jail for something :francis:
I mean, wasnt the third charge of "negelince when fired" recently added like right before trial?
So when the defense chose that witness, they didnt have to worry about that charge. Only had to worry about Shooting Meg and having the gun in the car.

Tory Lanez has been hit with a third felony charge as he awaits opening statements in his trial over claims he shot Megan Thee Stallion in her feet more than two years ago.

Prosecutors added the new charge of discharging a firearm with gross negligence on Monday, amid ongoing jury selection in the case, Rolling Stone has learned.

Lanez, whose legal name is Daystar Peterson, previously pleaded not guilty to one felony count each of assault with a semiautomatic firearm and carrying a loaded, unregistered firearm in a vehicle. He also faces a gun allegation that he personally inflicted great bodily injury.

The new charge carries a possible six-year prison sentence and qualifies as a deportable crime. (The Alone at Prom performer is a Canadian citizen.) If convicted on all counts, Peterson still is facing the same maximum sentence of 22 years and eight months. The new charge doesn’t add to the exposure because it relates to the same alleged conduct, so any related sentence would run concurrent.

So looks like it was added while jury selection was goin on?

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
Dude is on trial for firing a weapon and his defense called a witness that said he fired a weapon:mjlol:

Remember shooting meg is only one of the charges.

“this chick” is the only one looking at it from a realistic legal perspective. That was a horrible fukkin witness. He ensured Tory is going to jail for something :francis:

Yeah.....GSR on Tory, witness saying he saw him shooting, Kelsey said in the interview that Tory was shooting. It's open and shut for this charge

Warren Peace

Superstar
Daps
I mean, wasnt the third charge of "negelince when fired" recently added like right before trial?
So when the defense chose that witness, they didnt have to worry about that charge. Only had to worry about Shooting Meg and having the gun in the car.

I feel like we never got into whose gun it was. How are they gonna come to a conclusion on that?

Warren Peace

Superstar
Daps
He will probably be found guilty on one or both of these. The assault I'd doubt it.
Didn’t one witness say he was trying to wrestle a gun out of Kelsey’s hand? How is the jury supposed to know it was him that fired the shots. If it were wouldn’t the gun be conclusive for his prints and dna.

There might be enough doubt there to be his saving grace.

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl
I can see the newest charge sticking out of sympathy to the victim maybe, but morally idk how you can pin it on him without dna evidence.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Each side gets a general idea of what the other sides witness is gonna say. Tory’s team probably figured it was worth it to basically cop to the lesser plea to raise doubt about the assault charge, cause getting that witness on the stand was the only way he had any chance of getting out of this. Otherwise he had no argument, cause remember Kelsey was expected to go in and repeat her previous interview. Kelsey was the wildcard that kinda helped him. We will see how much the Jury believes megs story i guess.

Traveler

All Star
Daps
I feel like we never got into whose gun it was. How are they gonna come to a conclusion on that?
This is what is interesting to me. I know how Cali is about guns, which leads me to believe that the gun came from a different state. Texas doesn't have gun registration. I can see why the Prosecution didn't want to bring it up, but I don't see why the defense wouldn't exploit that. But that's just my speculation.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
:russ:

Crazy how a man can be so masculine and fit but be gay :damn:
You scared of the beefy brehs huh
QVYUWut.png

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
how much time tory face on that new gun charge?
6 years

That's sorta what EJ's testimony shed a lil light on. He said he packed megs bags and Kelsey packed her own bags. Said he only put regular defense stuff like mace in Megs bag.
When they left for the party all the bags were in the trunk.

Police pics show a lv bag and another bag were up there with Tory/Kelsey. So the question is how it got up there with them?
Kelly, the witness from yesterday also said he saw one of the females go into the car and then saw a muzzle flash/heard a firework.

My thinking is the gun was Kelsey's.