The Official Washington Wizards News & Notes Thread

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I saw some rumors about it seems sensible is that really a move for most of their fan base?

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I saw some rumors about it seems sensible is that really a move for most of their fan base?
Never met anyone from Virginia who liked going to Nova :mjlol: I got homies actively upset about this right now.

nobody wants nova to have nice things

Last edited:

ABlackMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Hood America

A few takeaways:
  • If the Wizards leave Chinatown, then where will the Hebrew Isrealites post up to yell at white people?
  • Where :dahell: are they going to find usable space in Crystal City?
  • Between National Airport, Amazon (and the new Amazon center that's coming), Potomac Yards, & a new stadium, the traffic in that area would be :damn:
  • The Crystal City Capitals have a nice ring, I guess :ehh:

Triple Cs lol y’all gonna learn about this old world shyt the hard way

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
This is all negotiation tactics by Leonsis to get the city of DC to pay for renovations at Capital One Arena.

Also, Chinatown/Gallery Place has gotten run down since the pandemic. Lot more crime, a lot of businesses have left, so the environment has changed a bit. But I don't think that will have Monumental move the Wizards/Caps out of the city.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
This is all negotiation tactics by Leonsis to get the city of DC to pay for renovations at Capital One Arena.

Also, Chinatown/Gallery Place has gotten run down since the pandemic. Lot more crime, a lot of businesses have left, so the environment has changed a bit. But I don't think that will have Monumental move the Wizards/Caps out of the city.
not sure about that tbh

in 5-10 years, nova is gonna be dramatically different once more of the developments that way start taking shape

the growth inside the city plateaued already

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
not sure about that tbh

in 5-10 years, nova is gonna be dramatically different once more of the developments that way start taking shape

the growth inside the city plateaued already
There's no space for an arena in Crystal Shiddy.. I mean City.

Plus, the existing arena is right on a metro line.