The Offiial "Black Mass" Thread (Johnny Depp as Whitey Bulger)

Dirty D

Vikes & Raptors 4 Life
Daps
Reppin
The 6
This movie focused way too much on Connolly and not enough on Bulger.

Performances were good but the script needed an overhaul.

RajWatts

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
depp killed it and his performance is slipping under the radar. hopefully he gets recognized for this before he goes back to the disney bullshyt like mad hatter and jack sparrow

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
This was very by-the-numbers. Depp was very good but he didn't shine like I thought he would. The steak dinner scene is the closest he got to greatness and that was that. I don't blame him though. the script was weak and the directing was average.

If someone like Scorsese had directed this it'd have been epic. The Departed is only loosely based on the characters in this but the movie is so much better it's not even worth comparing the two.

chosenaledge13

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Adamsville/ATL
Great acting but the story fell flat in the second act. High expectations hurt this film in my opinion, the story was a side note to "Depp as Whitey Bulger," which lost its appeal 30 mins in...

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
This is...surprisingly boring so far

Still in the first act tho...hopefully it develops.

:dead: @ him teaching his son to punch kids when nobody is looking

Nope. It stays boring homie. I was so disappointed with the lack of energy and momentum the flick had. Great performances but boring as hell

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
This was very by-the-numbers. Depp was very good but he didn't shine like I thought he would. The steak dinner scene is the closest he got to greatness and that was that. I don't blame him though. the script was weak and the directing was average.

If someone like Scorsese had directed this it'd have been epic. The Departed is only loosely based on the characters in this but the movie is so much better it's not even worth comparing the two.
Yup. Depps best scene far and away was in the trailer.