The Plot to Disrupt the NCAA with a Pay-for-Play HBCU Basketball League. [POLL ADDED]

Do you think it could really work?

• Yes

Votes: 17 89.5%
  • No

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
This isn't about amateurism... Who gets 5 million plus a year to coach amatuer events.... This is about exploiting labor and capitalism
Schools view it as marketing. And administrators who facilitate those massive programs get compensated for it.

Thats how the market works. If you don't pay talent, it moves.

Young and amateur athletes get the chance for elite training and development and coaches go where they're wanted.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
It would work because it would de-legitimize the NCAA champions when Howard & Jackson state play one another for the HBCU title and there's 10 NBA lottery picks on the floor while the NCAA has their championship game with Kentucky having a bunch of white dudes who should have been at mid-majors.

Pirius Black

Superstar
Daps
Don't exploit my blackness you coy b*stard.

I support the tenets of amateurism

The only problem you have is that the NCAA generates money for universities.

If the sports were unpopular, no one would watch.
I'm being coy? The lady doth protest too much. You, who have been running in rhetorical circles throughout this argument, are now in arms because I'm "exploiting your blackness", while you have no objections to the actual exploitation of so called student athletes, many of whom are black, whose labor generates billions for others while receiving a non renewable scholarship, that in many cases doesn't even cover the full cost of attendance?
My issue is that the NCAA is an illegal cartel that colludes with university members to fix the cost of compensation i.e. a "athletic scholarship" for student athletes while allowing outrageous and ballooning salaries for administrators and coaches. The NCAA doesn't generate shyt, the athletes do. You think if you replace the rosters of every March Madness teams with student walk ons coached by a volunteer philosophy professor, anyone would watch?
:mjlol:

But it's all good right? They get to sniff the air of a PWI so that these universities can mouth some self serving bullshyt about extending opportunities to the "less fortunate."

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I'm being coy? The lady doth protest too much. You, who have been running in rhetorical circles throughout this argument, are now in arms because I'm "exploiting your blackness", while you have no objections to the actual exploitation of so called student athletes, many of whom are black, whose labor generates billions for others while receiving a non renewable scholarship, that in many cases doesn't even cover the full cost of attendance?
You only care about two sports.

Basketball and Football.

But the world doesn't work that way. Theres more sports at play.

now you're talking about a non-renewable scholarship...bruh, you're going to school for free.

You made a choice. Use it, or lose it.

My issue is that the NCAA is an illegal cartel that colludes with university members to fix the cost of compensation i.e. a "athletic scholarship" for student athletes while allowing outrageous and ballooning salaries for administrators and coaches. The NCAA doesn't generate shyt, the athletes do.
The NCAA handles payouts to popular teams and sports programs.

The NCAA does nothing for academics or the other core functions of most schools.

Its all marketing.

You think if you replace the rosters of every March Madness teams with student walk ons coached by a volunteer philosophy professor, anyone would watch?
Thats the team's fault.
:mjlol:

But it's all good right? They get to sniff the air of a PWI so that these universities can mouth some self serving bullshyt about extending opportunities to the "less fortunate."

College is the great equalizer for a lot of people.

If you don't want to use it to your advantage, so be it.

Pirius Black

Superstar
Daps
You only care about two sports.

Basketball and Football.

But the world doesn't work that way. Theres more sports at play.

now you're talking about a non-renewable scholarship...bruh, you're going to school for free.

You made a choice. Use it, or lose it.

The NCAA handles payouts to popular teams and sports programs.

The NCAA does nothing for academics or the other core functions of most schools.

Its all marketing.

Thats the team's fault.

College is the great equalizer for a lot of people.

If you don't want to use it to your advantage, so be it.
Ah, so now we are hiding behind Title IX. The last refuge of the "amateurism" scoundrel. Like you said, the NCAA handles payouts to thousands of member organizations across the country. To quote you "that's their problem." No one goes to school for free, that's another farce. These guys scheduled are tightly regimented around their sport, they can't pick their own classes and they are putting in 40 or more hours a week at their chosen sport. Man, that sounds like, I don't know, an employee?? They can also have their scholarship pulled if they don't perform to expectations, irrespective of what they do in the classroom. Again, sounds familiar.
Spare me the higher ed sales pitch.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Ah, so now we are hiding behind Title IX. The last refuge of the "amateurism" scoundrel. Like you said, the NCAA handles payouts to thousands of member organizations across the country. To quote you "that's their problem." No one goes to school for free, that's another farce. These guys scheduled are tightly regimented around their sport, they can't pick their own classes and they are putting in 40 or more hours a week at their chosen sport. Man, that sounds like, I don't know, an employee?? They can also have their scholarship pulled if they don't perform to expectations, irrespective of what they do in the classroom. Again, sounds familiar.
Spare me the higher ed sales pitch.
not my problem.

you can't have both a scholarship AND get paid.

Pick one.

Many athletes make it work. In fact, they tend to be pretty successful If they take school seriously.

Pirius Black

Superstar
Daps
not my problem.

you can't have both a scholarship AND get paid.

Pick one.

Many athletes make it work. In fact, they tend to be pretty successful If they take school seriously.
Well of course it wouldn't be your problem. It's the NCAA's mess, so fukk em.
Again, spare me platitudes about the virtue of higher ed. Yea, many do make it work. But far too many fall between the cracks because the system is heavily tilted towards the coaches and administrators, not the so called "student athletes " they pretend to care about. Those guys and gals who take school seriously? I guarantee you the vast majority of them are in non revenue producing sports. Why can't they have both? Many university employers offer their faculty and staff free or greatly reduced tuition. My girlfriend, who is a Building Coordinator for ECU Campus Living gets 1/2 off tuition and a free class per semester.

Pirius Black

Superstar
Daps
Honestly, if this were to happen, I wonder how state legislators would react. Here in NC, they'd try to strip funding if NC Central and A&T started beating out UNC or Duke for recruits

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
If it generates money, they should be paid...

This is pretty much the only thing that needs to be said about this.

Comparing college athletes to other college students is just asinine

Millions of people aren't sitting around watching a math student take a test, while advertisements are being shown.

Pre med students aren't performing on prime time TV.

The idea that people performing on prime time TV and getting higher ratings than fukking CSI shouldn't be getting paid is ridiculous.