• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
nikkas just started saying Mall was the better boxer because he commits more to the jab and is more composed, but watching em both come up, it was obvious Mell was more natural with boxing and sticking and moving better. Now that he's been getting the knockouts, he doesn't box as much. He moreso walks you down which is still effective against most boxers (Trout fight was struggle tho)

I also think Mell would have opened up on Korobov a lot sooner. Took Mall damn near half the fight to get going. I can't recall Mell ever getting hit that much with the same shot over an over.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
nikkas just started saying Mall was the better boxer because he commits more to the jab and is more composed, but watching em both come up, it was obvious Mell was more natural with boxing and sticking and moving better. Now that he's been getting the knockouts, he doesn't box as much. He moreso walks you down which is still effective against most boxers (Trout fight was struggle tho)

I also think Mell would have opened up on Korobov a lot sooner. Took Mall damn near half the fight to get going. I can't recall Mell ever getting hit that much with the same shot over an over.

I think people are actually underrating Mell's boxing ability a bit. If you look at all his KO's he set all them KO's up nicely baited all of them into it. Sytenatically breaking them down and opening them up. Derrick James has done wonders for his career, reinventing him.

Crazy thing is I think he would be an even bigger puncher at 160 than he is at 154. Low key Mall is holding his career up.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I think people are actually underrating Mell's boxing ability a bit. If you look at all his KO's he set all them KO's up nicely baited all of them into it. Sytenatically breaking them down and opening them up. Derrick James has done wonders for his career, reinventing him.

Crazy thing is I think he would be an even bigger puncher at 160 than he is at 154. Low key Mall is holding his career up.

Word, thats why I keep saying Mall just need to move up and body Jacobs before he steal another main event slot looking shytty against some jobber.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Word, thats why I keep saying Mall just need to move up and body Jacobs before he steal another main event slot looking shytty against some jobber.

I think Mell could clean out 160 right now if he moved up. Dead ass serious, only one who might give him some problems is GGG and that's just because of his chin and ability to take a beating.

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
I think Jermall is the better Charlo by the eye test and he has the better resume too

Beat a younger Trout than his borther

Beat Williams who was a bit more proven than Lubin when Jermell beat him (and since then he did more than Lubin too

Beat Derevyanchenko who gave GGG and Jacobs hell while his brother beat Rosario who only blew up right before the Jermell fight and had a loss against lesser opposition (still a good win but on paper hard to put it above Derevyanchenko imo)

Never lost a fight where he was a big favorite like his brother did not even that long ago. I know... he could have lost to Korobov and Jermell vs Harrison was debatable (but plausible).
When it's not some highway robbery I go by the official results. Jermell avenged it of course but Harrison was viewed as a coming out party fight for Jermell when they first met, idk if you can improve your record so much by beating someone you were suppose to go through first time but you couldn't (same with AJ vs Ruiz, even though it was an impressive performance by AJ). Should you get extra credit for taking care of them in the rematch if you losing them was the reason their stock rose at the first place?

Only thing Jermell has over Jermall is achievments on paper because he has 3 belts now but I think in terms of eye test and resume his borther has him beat so far.
Strong disagree Mell beat Vanes who at the time only arguably loss to Andrade, trout wins are a wash. Beat John Jackson, Lubin, Hatley, and the guy who beat J Rock. Even beat some really good journeymen. His resume has much more talent on it may not be at the highest level but much more deeper

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Strong disagree Mell beat Vanes who at the time only arguably loss to Andrade, trout wins are a wash. Beat John Jackson, Lubin, Hatley, and the guy who beat J Rock. Even beat some really good journeymen. His resume has much more talent on it may not be at the highest level but much more deeper

Big facts. Honestly Derevyanchenko isn't even as good a quality opponent as Rosario was. Rosario was a unified champ coming off a string of KOs coming into that fight. Chenko was coming off a L, highly controversial, but still an L. Jermall has no argument for being ahead of Jermell p4p, none at all.