The Ring's Boxing Fantasy Fight Tournament Nomination Thread: Heavyweight Edition

Daps
Yeah...and he knocked down a man the exact same size as Klitschko something like 11 times in 3 rds :heh:

Chris Byrd is a blown up Middleweight that has no power is was able to be highly competitive and hold and defend a title several times in an era of massive Heavyweights.

Even a dude like Eddie Chambers...who's basically a fat ass Light Heavyweight was able to routinely beat guys around 240-250 lbs...even knocked down and hurt 6'7" 250 lb Dimentrenko.

No reason to believe Dempsey couldn't do the same to elite Super Heavys if the particular style matchup permits it.
+rep

Also Yuzo and Newzz yall taking the fun out of this:shaq2:

Fine. How about 8 oz gloves and the standard 12 rounds?

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
+rep

Also Yuzo and Newzz yall taking the fun out of this:shaq2:

Fine. How about 8 oz gloves and the standard 12 rounds?

Breh....I didnt say we had to go by that.

As I said to Invictus:

I only used the fighters from within the last 50 years, because it's tons footage available for people to break down and see who would really win. It isnt too much footage available of Jack Johnson, Jack Dempsey, Joe Louis etc. so it's kinda harder to gauge in comparision to fighters within the last 50 years.

I didnt take ANY account into size gloves or rounds....just straight from a skill perspective.

I ddidn't think about any of that stuff that @Yuzo said, but he did bring up good points. I personally thought we were using fighter vs fighter...not taking into account anything else but their skills.

BlackAchilles

Veteran
Daps
Ali
Joe Louis
Rocky Marciano
Tyson
Holyfield
Larry Holmes
Lennox Lewis
George Foreman
Joe Frazier
Riddikk Bowe
Jack Johnson
Wlad K
Frank Bruno
Michael Spinks
Ken Norton

Last edited:

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
How about 8 oz gloves and the standard 12 rounds?

thats a good all around modern range. i would change it to 15 rounds. but thats what i was advocating. you got to have some kind of a cut off just to maintain some realism. some of these match ups sound good on paper then you think about it the context just doesnt make sense. how do you construct an argument about jack johnson vs any modern fighter and not have it sound silly. look at this and what they got on their hands. and you play the fight out like jack dempsey vs evander holyfield in your mind in a real way you cant just ignore that.

DempseyWillardphoto-530x317.jpg

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
The Sweet Science
thats a good all around modern range. i would change it to 15 rounds. but thats what i was advocating. you got to have some kind of a cut off just to maintain some realism. some of these match ups sound good on paper then you think about it the context just doesnt make sense. how do you construct an argument about jack johnson vs any modern fighter and not have it sound silly. look at this and what they got on their hands. and you play the fight out like jack dempsey vs evander holyfield in your mind in a real way you cant just ignore that.

DempseyWillardphoto-530x317.jpg

When I made my list I did it with the thought of a compromise that's why I said 7 oz gloves and 15 rounds, perfect compromise between 4 oz and 10 oz and 12 rounds and whatever random number of rounds they would pull out they ass back in the day.

BTW the thought of a Demspey vs Holyfield fight is :blessed::ohlawd::banderas:

Its actually one of the fights I thought about in the past and one of the first fights that came to mind when @King P made this thread! Just an incredible match up:wow:

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
Louis vs Holyfield was the one I was thinking of :whew:

Anyways, I'll keep this thread open a couple more days. As it stands right now, we're ggonna need to vote on tiebreakers for guys to get that final spot or 2. Then I'll tally the rest of the votes, do the seeding, and we'll start the tournament on Monday (or Sunday night).

Not sure how much participation we'll get. Maybe we can get the threads stickied if that would helping

L68

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
wilder is in there but the quietman was a 2 time champ that beat the real deal and golota who are both on that list..:ufdup: