The Rings Official: What ya listening to/Random hip hop thoughts thread

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
@patscorpio, you into Run The Jewels at all?
I finally got around to listening to RTJ3 and two weeks into 2017 and they just fukked around and dropped something that will be hard to top. :whew:

havent listened to any of their stuff..drop some recommendations for me breh :myman:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
havent listened to any of their stuff..drop some recommendations for me breh :myman:
From their second album, my favorite song of theirs:

From RTJ3:

Always was a Killer Mike fan, but thought he suffered from generic production. Never cared much for El-P, he was a little to obscure sounding. Together they are a perfect match IMO. Killer Mike brought EL-P to make his sound more palatable to the mainstream and El-P took that and gave Mike some of the best production going.
On paper an odd pairing and one I never would have thought of, especially considering their histories, but man they work well together.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
I've been neck high in a long reorganization process of removing duplicate albums for my collection but properly tagging them and if possible, getting higher bitrates for them as well. I've wanted to DJ for the longest and I bought the equipment (DDJ-SX) on a whim but when I went to my music to start learning, I realized that shyt was in shambles and I needed order to do this right, so here I am. There is light at the tunnel. I've been at this for nearly a year now. When there are over 300K songs, that's what happens.

Finally got done to where I was ok with things ~97%~ then my dumb (smart) ass re-enrolled myself back into school for my third degree, lol. Just trying to take the career to the next level brehs.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
I've been bumping this new Future and it's his nicest project in a minute. Since DS2 exactly.

I'm not a huge fan of trap usually cause most of the artist who do it are generic, run off the mill guys but I like it when someone does it right

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
i def gotta compile a mobb deep mix at some point but ill settle for throwing some mobb deep albums in the cd changer when i get home after the gym tonight..im glad i gotta chance to see dude live in concert back in 01 or 02...shyt was dope..it was in the infamy era

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Just saw this news. :to:

Just copped Big Noyd's Episodes of a Hustla last week on cd. It is like a Infamous part 2 with lots of Prodigy guest verses. :wow:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Just saw this news. :to:

Just copped Big Noyd's Episodes of a Hustla last week on cd. It is like a Infamous part 2 with lots of Prodigy guest verses. :wow:
Wild thing is that album is incomplete..i think noyd had to do a bid during recording and it was still dope

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Wild thing is that album is incomplete..i think noyd had to do a bid during recording and it was still dope
Interesting, didn't know that. It does seem like it is an EP that wasn't meant to be an EP when listening to it. But prime Havoc on production and Prodigy guests on like half the songs, it would have been crazy as a full length album.