The Self-Checkout Nightmare May Finally Be Ending

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Am I the only person not classless enough to use self-checkouts to steal :picard:

I can understand if you're desperate and need to eat, but otherwise that's some dusty shyt

I don’t. But let’s be honest that’s cause we’re stupid naive marks :mjcry:

Jekyll

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
shyt every time I go into walmart they upgraded it. Its damn near impossible to steal from them shyts now.

Only On Camera

All Star
Supporter
Daps
The only time I haven’t used self checkout at Walmart in the past year was buying everything to prep for Thanksgiving this year cause I had a cart full of shyt. Lady took forever to scan and bag my shyt lol I would have done it way faster on self checkout.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I will say, the last big run I did to target was after we finished renovating my grandma’s house. Spent about $500, cashier was a sista, she had me download the app, split my cart into four transactions, they had some deal where you spend $50 on household stuff and get a $25 coupon. I know the people behind me was mad because she was separating my cart and doing hella transactions, but I saved like $30 from random app coupons and another $75 by using the $25 off on the next transaction. I would’ve never done/figured that on my own.

Last edited:

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
I will say, the last big run I did to target was after we finished renovating my grandma’s house. Spent about $500, cashier was a sista, she had me download the app, split my cart into four transactions, they had some deal where you spend $50 on household stuff and get a $25 coupon. I know the people behind me was mad because she was separating my cart and doing hella transactions, but I saved like $30 from random app coupons and another $75 by using the $25 off on the next transaction. I would’ve never done/figure that on my own.

Yeah, I buy my daughter a brand of chocolate milk that comes in glass bottles that costs almost $6 a pop. One day the cashier told me that I would get $3 for everyone of them that I bring back to the store to recycle. Got $36 the last time I went and I'm sitting on another ten empty bottles in my kitchen right now. Had he not told me about it, I would have ever known. I always try to go to in-person cashiers anyways, because I'm not a fan of society trying to automate any and every little human interaction that we have. Plus I'm not seeing the price of my groceries go down at all, so I'd rather know that my money is going towards someone making a living for themselves rather than to some invisible corporation.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Yeah, I buy my daughter a brand of chocolate milk that comes in glass bottles that costs almost $6 a pop. One day the cashier told me that I would get $3 for everyone of them that I bring back to the store to recycle. Got $36 the last time I went and I'm sitting on another ten empty bottles in my kitchen right now. Had he not told me about it, I would have ever known. I always try to go to in-person cashiers anyways, because I'm not a fan of society trying to automate any and every little human interaction that we have. Plus I'm not seeing the price of my groceries go down at all, so I'd rather know that my money is going towards someone making a living for themselves rather than to some invisible corporation.
I used to be that way when self checkout first started, I was like why am I doing the work and not getting a discount and helping y’all save on salary. Then I just got comfortable being able to bag shyt the way I want it (OCD) but I don’t mind being forced back to cashiers, they just better not skimp and staff up. The Safeway near me has like 10 checkout lanes, and only two of them be open most the time, like come TF on, you can’t have it both ways

Marezzy

RIP my Nikka Zooboomafo 🕊️11-20-2014🕊️
Daps
Reppin
Dallas,Tx
I love self checkout and moves faster. shyt might even get something for free because of the machine not catching a scan :mjlit: Crazy how that happens