The SHYT These Record Labels Do

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
Knowing the pressure put upon you behind the scenes to acquire a mainstream hit, it’s interesting you decided to create a song for the Bay.

“Why am I making these records if they’re not getting supported? This is not the type of career I want. It’s not fun no more. I’m doing shyt because I’m a puppet. [They say], “Oh, we want this record, go make this record,” but then you still don’t want to support the record.

I’ve learned that I cannot allow somebody to tell me what and who I have to be. If people are feeling the record, why are y’all not pushing and feeding them that record? What more do you need? You’ve supported somebody else’s record, but no money is being put behind me because you don’t see the vision. You don’t believe in me, but I know where I’m supposed to be and what I’m manifesting. If you want to play those games, I’m going to move and go where I can be the leader of my own destiny.”

I had to let this thread go for a little bit b/c it gave me a headache.:mjlol:
This shyt is crazy.
I wonder how far down the rabbit hole does it go?

Who owns the radio companies and how much manipulation can record labels do to push other artists with fan support? B/c it seems like some people can have a fanbase and still get left by the wayside.