The Sony Pictures Leak F**kery Thread

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
FWmo5sz.png

Now that more info about this leak has started to make waves, it's time to expand on all the hilarious fukkery that goes on in major movie studios.

http://gawker.com/sonys-embarrassing-powerpoints-are-even-worst-than-thei-1666403941

Actual powerpoints from Sony Pictures!

KkQJ8Nz.png

Avoid socio-political themes, because that's what people hated about District 9. :deadmanny:

V8jw7KS.png

Emotional depth: Women. :mjlol:

d5mWaTE.png

How is Adhesives a category for Spider-Man. How are any of these things categories? :dead:

mnxyvrP.jpg

Apparently After Earth is a toy commercial.

3X6T1KT.png

:laff:

Last edited:

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
http://defamer.gawker.com/leaked-the-nightmare-email-drama-behind-sonys-steve-jo-1668882936

Infamous Steve Jobs movie fukkery + Angelina Jolie Ether

DMlv2p3.jpg

Setting aside Rudin for a minute, Eric is mad about Fincher because he knows that after all this money and time we don't have a draft that could actually land a director. That's on him alone. So he's hiding behind outrage when he knows full well Fincher could get picked off by a good script at any studio. That's the truth.

Angie directed a movie and now she's ready for Cleo and it's not ready. Fincher is her silver bullet.

Except he's not.

He's perfect for Jobs and we don't even know what Cleo is, only what we want it to be. That's the same situation as Girl. A disaster.

Let's take a breath. Neither movie is going anywhere. Next weeks business. I will work on meeting.

This doesn't need to get crazy. We control the material. Jobs is awesome. Cleo can be a big commercial hit. They are ours. We don't work for these people.

On Angelina Jolie trying to get Fincher to do a Cleopatra movie with her.

spztsrT.png

"YOU BETTER SHUT ANGIE DOWN!" :damn:

"The insanity and rampaging spoiled ego of this woman" :krs:

I've told you exactly how I want to do this material. It's the ONLY way I want to do this material. I'm not remotely interested in presiding over a $180m ego bath that we both know will be the career-defining debacle for us both. I'm not destroying my career over a minimally talented spoiled brat who thought nothing of shoving this off her plate for eighteen months so she could go direct a movie. I have no desire to be making a movie with her, or anybody, that she runs and that we don't. She's a camp event and a celebrity and that's all and the last thing anybody needs is to make a giant bomb with her that any fool could see coming. We will end up being the laughing stock of our industry and we will deserve it, which is so clearly where this is headed that I cannot believe we are still wasting our time with it.

:banderas:

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Begging Leo to do Jobs

Sent: Sunday, September 21, 2014 1:42 PM

To: DiCaprio Leonardo

Cc: Yorn' 'Rick

Subject:

Dear Leonardo, :deadmanny:

I'm writing as I heard last week of the sad news that you may not be doing'Jobs'.

While I am of course biased, I nevertheless want to give you my thoughts with the hope that this somehow stays together.

Certainly on Danny's part, he's long wanted to work with you again, and in the 15 years since "The beach" you have both grown immeasurably in your craft and abilities.

With this text, Danny feels he's found a script that can be as enduring a character study and portrait of our age and times as 'Citizen Kane 'was for a previous generation, from a writer who is the equal of Paddy Chayevsky.

With Scott Rudin, you have a producer who is perhaps the greatest ever at making intelligent, important films in partnership with Sony who, as we've seen with films such as "the social network", "Capt. Phillips"and "Moneyball" ,will spend the necessary marketing and publicity money to get audiences and award attention.

Steve Jobs was a man who came from nothing and nowhere to change the world ,as surely as Thomas Edison did, and and there's no better actor than you with the artistry and talent to help people understand what that must've been like.

Further, the production isn't set in the middle of the jungle, nor require a physical transformation, but will be shot in a city such as San Francisco, allowing you to give your sole creative focus to exploring the richness of the dialogue and character, with your pick of costars.

Just as you must surely feel great pride in helping bring Marty his Oscar on "the departed", everyone involved in this production desperately wants to help bring you the Academy award you so richly deserve. :dead:

I remember speaking with you years ago about 'boogie nights', and all you could have done with that wonderful part, and I truly believe this is an opportunity we will look back on with regret if we don't make happen.

Your pal,

Robert

Sent from my iPhone

Kinda wondering about the part he would've played in Boogie Nights though. Mark Wahlberg's part? :lupe:

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Sony relationships go sour

RRNzsde.png

"Go home. You're not thinking straight." :camby:

You've destroyed your relationships with half the town over how you've behaved on this movie. If you don't think it's true, wait and see. Let's see the next filmmaker WME puts in business at Sony or the next piece of star talent. I'll bet my house I'm right.

:ufdup:

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Random tidbit about Sorkin finding out that Danny Boyle had no interest in Tom Cruise for Jobs:

Pascal e-mailed back, saying that she loved the idea and that she was going to talk to Boyle about it. But the next day she e-mailed Sorkin again to say that Boyle “seems committed to” Michael Fassbender for the part.

Sorkin replied, “This used to be an event. I don't know who Michael Fassbender is and the rest of the world isn't going to care. This is insane.” But in the exchange that followed, he wrote, “fukk it. He's a great actor whose time has come.”

“That’s where I ended up,” Pascal replied.

:childplease: