The time TED banned a talk about the fact rich people don't create jobs

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When you start a business, do you create a random product and try to find customers for it, or do you try to fulfill a demand that's unmet?
it could be either.

Lets do this.

Why was facebook created? there surely was a demand for it. but who was demanding something that was never really built before? no one specifically was requesting what facebook gave us. But facebook overall gave the people something they wanted.

so here's how the jobs creation works.

start up companies do create jobs. because startup companies dont have to make money early on in order to become and be companies and have job openings. they need people to create this thing that the company is trying to sell. after the first initial batches of this thing is put out there, now you can clearly see if there is a demand or high enough of a demand and assuming the price is right, the people/consumers will consume it and pay for it out of their own pockets or let advertisers advertise to them and let the Ad money pay for it. which is the model facebook uses.

so startup facebook created jobs.
Then the consumers created the remaining jobs which were many more than what was there during their startup phase.

brand new pizza spot opens up. has 3 employees. mom, pops, and son working the register, cleaning the spot, and cooking the food/taking orders.

its a hit. the price is right, the food is right, people like it aka consumers. people like it so much they can expand their hours and higher non family employees and afford benefits.

the consumers did that.

the pizza spot is going so well they dont have enough supply to support the high demand. they need to open another location.

they do, and they hire an additional 5 people to work that new location. who created these jobs?

The consumer.

Flywin Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lannister Bloodline
who then :leostare:

who is responsible for creating the most jobs and employing the most people :leostare:
Are you blind? For an alpha male you sure as fukk can't read for shyt lol

CONSUMER DEMAND CREATES JOBS

A rich person could start a company, hire 100 people, create a product and the product FAILS and they create another product and it FAILS and there is *NO CONSUMER DEMAND* and then the rich person is bleeding money and fires everybody.. do you think they then create MORE jobs?

jilla82

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
the internet
thread is mind blowing.

Do black people really think like this in large numbers?

Like...are we this far from entrepreneurship and self reliance?
I come on this site sometimes and it feels like bizarro world...
...how old are you cats?

Flywin Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lannister Bloodline
thread is mind blowing.

Do black people really think like this in large numbers?

Like...are we this far from entrepreneurship and self reliance?
I come on this site sometimes and it feels like bizarro world...
...how old are you cats?
No black people can't possibly.. wait.. actually I'm on this site a lot let me re-start my sentence

No black people outside of the coli can't possibly think the way some of the people here think, and have this limited amount of information of the basic workings of economic principles (e.g. the principle and impact of 'consumer demand')

When I say 'can't possibly' read that more like 'I really hope they don't actually'.

For those of us who work in an industry that exposes us to how businesses work, who are in positions that expose us to how leadership teams work and those who like to read about entrepreneurship and some of us - like me - who want to start a black business - to us these themes are known.

Now The Coli could change its name to 'ignorantbrehsandafewsmartbrehs.com' tomorrow and nobody would bat an eye.

Some of the shyt we read on here has me saying out loud 'I hope this is another cac pretending to be black... because I hope this is not one of my brothers'

We are wondering why we are economically at a disadvantage vs the white man at almost every level BUT we don't want to understand the basics of economy?

You want to beat someone at their game but you don't know the rules...

We are being discriminated, even those of us who DO have their Masters, who DO have the knowledge, who DO have all the insight.. even then we are hearing 'no' but at least then we can do our own things, create businesses within our own communities and identify needs in our communities and monetize those needs..

I just hope most of the brothers on here who are completely ignorant to what's going on around them are either young af or brothers who just act ignorant

wtfyomom

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this alphamale dude is mad delusional but claims everyone else is.this isnt alt right libertarian .com, go jerk off with your pro business white supremacist buddies please, trickle has never ever worked, dude is 100 percent right

wtfyomom

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
who? when? what? :what:

the first batch of iphone competitors didn't hit the market unti until 2010 and that was only after apple gave them the blueprint. imagine if they hadn't, our phones might still be on larry holmes status:what:

if you're going to attribute every great advance in human history to "consumer demand" then tell me why hasn't anyone created a living sex doll that looks like beyonce and shyts out hundred dollar bills? what... no demand for it? :what:

so we wouldnt ave smart phones if not for apple ? youre the delusional one, steve jobs was a douchebag marketer he didnt create shyt

koolkeef

Pro
Daps

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm late af but I wanna go back to the supply and demand thing

Dude was right that demand has to come from supply. People can create things that are based on existing demand but in many other cases that demand is generated from something new

Folks ITT are treating demand as a general synonym for people. But it's more of an idea/feeling. For the average person you have to see that to want that. Nobody wanted cars until they saw one, it wasn't conceivable for the average person back then. In order for a demand to be created over their existing transportation like horses, an existing supply (at least 1) car has to exist.

In this case the egg comes before the chicken

That said it doesn't mean not taxing the rich and whatnot creates jobs consistently as the logic would imply. There is a human element (greed) that asserts itself and stifles job creation. Just because you help the rich get richer doesn't mean they'll necessarily give the same kind of scratch back that the economy would be expecting. shyt like outsourcing or automation letting you cut a bunch of jobs while people on the top end get the same or more money.

Its really up to regulation to keep this kinda thing in check

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
but who was demanding something that was never really built before? no one specifically was requesting what facebook gave us.

Back in the day everyone wanted an adult-oriented MySpace offshoot. MySpace was like browsing without adblock in aesthetic design majority of the time and ran by teens.

FB picked up because you needed a college email first, and it wasn't some weirdo ass site like something specifically for dating. It was a professional looking take on social media, and mostly limited to adults, which there was a huge demand for at the time.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Back in the day everyone wanted an adult-oriented MySpace offshoot. MySpace was like browsing without adblock in aesthetic design majority of the time and ran by teens.

FB picked up because you needed a college email first, and it wasn't some weirdo ass site like something specifically for dating. It was a professional looking take on social media, and mostly limited to adults, which there was a huge demand for at the time.
you're saying everybody like everybody that was 50 years old had a myspace account. they didnt. but ya daddy is on facebook right now. ya granpappy is on FB right now.

but i hear what you're saying. sure there was some things out there. It wasnt from scratch. good point. i was just trying to make an overall point.

if you find a business owner who created his business based on an idea of something that was never in the market before this moment. Then in the early stages of this company HE created the room for where jobs would be created to make his product/service. but after that initial push from his idea. the remaining will be dictated by the consumers. now sure some owner could just hire and hire and hire and keep hiring even though the demand isnt that high nor are the units/service hours that high. in that case, yes the owner foolishly is creating jobs. Foolishly because he wont be able to sustain his business doing that. are their actual owners who hire people out of the kindness of their hearts vs based on the bottom line? YEP. and they usually pay for it in their pockets. But if it makes them sleep well at night. go ahead. lets call it charity. I would rather give a person a job then $20.00 when i see you at the FWY entrance. so there's that.

but for the most part. Jobs are not CREATED by business owners.

Some business owners and hope to be business owners like this idea because it makes them feel even more special than they already are. In addition it gives them props for more or less putting themselves out there to create the business to begin with.

Business owners are risk takers. thats a fact. now most businesses do fail. so that means most business owners are Bad risk takers. meaning for whatever reason(i know some of them.) They keep choosing the wrong business model, the wrong marketing schemes(or non at all), choosing the wrong product to sell(already saturated or no one ever asked for this..at least not yet- you can be too far ahead of the curve), wack product(get a ya quality control up), Were you meaning to sell something that was based on at the moment hype ( a fad) you know like championship t-shirts or wakanda t shirts?(this is still a legit business but you can't make real money doing that same T forever.), etc, etc.

So because business owners are risk takers and they are usually the ones early on who will take the biggest L if the thing doesnt work out. They want some more love for taking those risks. So they latch onto the silly idea that they create all the jobs.

And just in case some of yall still are fighting the fact that the consumer creates the need for more supply therefore creating a situation where the business has to hire more people to produce more stuff in order to sell more goods/services.

Look no further than Subway and Toys R US.

If the consumer doesnt create the job. how is it that the consumer is the #1 reason for subtracting the job?

Even when a business says I want to go overseas to get cheaper labor or I want to automate more to have less workers. He is still doing this based on the consumers wanting a lot of product and probably for the same price at it currently is, or a cheaper price.

Toys R Us
http://www.businessinsider.com/why-toys-r-us-is-closing-stores-2018-3

^we the consumers did that. back when i was a kid. Toys R us was one of thee only if not thee only BIG Toy retail chains. there was no amazon. So to get those toys you were going to get them from Toys R Us. kaybees wasnt that big and we know they fell off quick back in the late 90's early 2000's if my memory serves me correct.

The moment we(consumer) realized we could get the same toys from Amazon for probably a cheaper price and have it delivered to the house or delivered to the person you were buying a gift for. It was a wrap for the brick and mortar Toys R Us stores. So we the consumer have just cut jobs from a company named Toys R us and just Added Jobs to a company named Amazon.

Sorry Business owners. Its the consumer. Sorry wannabe business owners. It's the consumer that creates most jobs.

Subway
Why Subway is closing hundreds of restaurants in the US

they call it pruning. Some population movement in america has made some of the subway stores a lot less lucrative. while others can't keep up with the demand. or they have too many subways in a small area.

all this is based on consumers consuming subway's items. the more consumers the more subways in that area. less consumers, less number of subways in that area. once again another example of CONSUMERS creating the jobs. not some business owner just snapping his or her finger.

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
Businesses and products are created to meet the demands of the consumer which then, typically, leads to job growth. If the demand wasnt there first the business and the product/service would either not exist or fail.