The Tower of God Thread... Who Else Is Reading This?

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
But see this is my issue

He HAS those teammates he just is never with them

Anak
Androssi with bon bon
Ran
Laure with leeso giving him coordinates
Hatsu

+ Ice Koon with phoenix buff
Rak with stone buff
White (who still isnt at full strength Cac level yet)

Could be a cotdamn beast of a team but SIU keeps replacing them with mids

Laure + Hockney is a cheat code combo that I really want to see happen.

Mazino

All Star
Daps
I didn't think this shyt would happen

KG.gif

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
:mjcry:

We came along way brehs...

:wow:
First floor shenanigans with Yuri and Black March gonna be dope to see

But im sure that we'll all agree the 2ND FLOOR was the funnest part of the series by far

Door test was :mindblown:

shyt had me laughing out loud introducing everyone's weird ass

shook when REN started getting demonic :merchant:

pure :banderas: when Quant was schooling them in hide-n-seek and Koon had to flex

And ended with the biggest :pacspit: i've read in any manga/webtoon. I can't wait for the anime brehs to see this

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
If they get enough episodes to do a full season 1 run through this shyt will shake the world.
Now that you mention it

Season 2 has been long as shyt

Season 1 really was just all first and second floor stuff up until "that" happened. They could fit all of the major stuff in a 25 episode season

Whatever they do, there's only 1 real season finale cliffhanger so idk how much of the story they're gonna cut out

qwasi

Rhinestone Cowboy
Daps
The powerups don't bother me. I think the characters around him could be progressing a little faster though. Baam was never one with a large personality. Seeing him tell Kalavan "I'm coming see you :birdman:" showed me he is gaining confidence in his abilities where before he would have not done that.

I guess we appreciate ToG for different aspects. The series had an almost GoT feeling. From the mystical universe, the political dynamic and personal agendas which drove the series. Shinsoo hadn't been reduced to the level of Dragonball Qi Blasts. It was a resource that combined with tactical mind and fighting ability -- used to devastating effect. As I said we're in Bleach status. The stronger I get -- the bigger my reitasu slash -- the more potent I am.

Kun Aguero is the genius of their group -- removing him puts the group at serious disadvantage. Instead, Khun is revived and given Flame power up -- from a Great Family. All in an which (i) Khun mentions his powers are Ice, Lightning, unknown Mix. (ii) Ari Hon told White to surpass me leave and claim your own powers. Talk about lack of subtlety. Again, before Baam received billion souls, two guardians, 2/3 thorn fragments -- Varagrav, Anak, Androssi, Ran and Baam were considered Top 5. Let me put it in perspective the clone with billi souls was classified above Rankers -- It took 10% Urek (whose superior to his Data version) to end Red Thyrssa. In order for people to match Baam they'd need to get retarded level power ups.

??????? Baam has always been defensive when it comes to his friends. Dude told Urek he's got something he fears more than death and pulled up. :dahell:

I always viewed it as a one punch man thing. shyt is more about everyone else around and his abilities and fate are the nucleus that brings them all together

He's not gonna have his back pressed against the wall forreal until we get a full assessment of everything happening around him

One Punch Man is a satirical series that challenges and subverts the tendencies of its genre. Its forefront is comedic scenarios that inform on Saitama's power through accident. On the contrary SIU is making concerned effort to (i) hint Baam's talent (ii) its current insignificance to High Rankers (iii) superiority with his peers -- consider some were descendants of 10 Great Families -- Anak, Androssi, Ran. @bold -- this is what makes for a bland story. The best moments involve Baam confronting impossible odds. These scenarios often call for and highlights importance of teams. Helps move agendas of its participants -- the intricate plots is what moves this story. All while respecting Baam and his opponents level. Floor of Test, Workshop and Hell Train Baam was cornered. Also my apprehension is how uninspired this power ups are.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
One Punch Man is a satirical series that challenges and subverts the tendencies of its genre. Its forefront is comedic scenarios that inform on Saitama's power through accident. On the contrary SIU is making concerned effort to (i) hint Baam's talent (ii) its current insignificance to High Rankers (iii) superiority with his peers -- consider some were descendants of 10 Great Families -- Anak, Androssi, Ran.
Gotta disagree on both
OPM is a comedy, but the underlying message is similar to what he was saying in Mob Psycho imo, regardless of how strong you are it doesnt make you inherently better than anyone else so chill the hell out and leave people be, saitama knows this and just humbles the hell out of all of the villains assuming they dont die in the process. The story gets a comedic delivery and makes fun of how simplistic and childish most villains goals are (again similar to his other story Mob)

Baams talents and how people react to it IMO are just the vehicle siu is using to show us how morally challenging it is for everyone to exists in the tower. In order to climb the tower to see all of these moral contradictions you have to be able to adapt and be strong, so baams ability is literally being able to adapt and being naturally strong, everything else is piggybacking off of that.

In regards to me comparing the two

Im telling you that what I enjoy doing when im reading these things is looking at how the other characters are developing by being around these two protagonists. Neither Baam or Saitama are ever gonna be in real danger due to plot armor, so the real show is how the other characters interact after being exposed to these philosophies they aren't used to seeing. That's where my comparison begins and ends with them.

The best moments involve Baam confronting impossible odds.

Plot wise those are the most boring moments for me as i've seen it a million times over in other stories. The tension imo is seeing whether the opposition is going to break before they die or double down on whatever bullshyt they're spewing and die

Also my apprehension is how uninspired this power ups are.
Definitely agree here, he gets them way too fast and doesnt really have to sacrifice anything other than time to get them. That's part of my reasoning for baam's talent not bein the real focal point, it IS important to the characters in the story, but as a reader it's obvious his skill is just there to keep them going forward with Khun having to get into his Light Yagami bag and scheme a clever W

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
@T-K-G @Secure Da Bag @Mazino @Teal. @storyteller

We litt brehs nikkas don't even know what they instore for

:blessed::blessed::blessed::blessed::blessed::banderas::banderas::banderas: :banderas::banderas::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow:

Bonus::mjlit::mjlit::mjlit::mjlit::mjlit::mjlit:

Until the GAWD Gosu gets enough chapters to be animated. :banderas:

We'll be back in the Golden Age of Animes and Cartoons, brehs. :blessed:

2021 gonna be LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTT!!!!:gladbron:

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
The sad part about Baam is that:
  • I don't think he ever finished his Rice Pot/Bowl training.
  • He's still getting that artificial powerup with the 1K souls.
  • Then there's the issue with the missing Thorn piece still out there.
I agree with @T-K-G ToG is about the character interactions and Baam's struggle with his beginnings (parents) and his immediate past (Rachel). It was pretty obvious SIU was influenced by Bleach (I agree with @VRO ) when he introduced the Traveller. He denied it (claimed he never knew Bleach existed) but everyone knew that was B.S. SIU handles the team and side character dynamic better than Kubo though. SIU gives them far more shine and relevance.

• Dap
Reactions: VRO