Reppin
Fresno, CA.
Disney bought up:
  • ABC
  • Marvel
  • Lucasfilms (Star Wars)
  • Pixar
  • Fox Movies
I believe they own ILM (or maybe that was part of Lucasfilms) too.

In terms of media company, they could box out the rest of the entertainment industry.
Consumers are encouraging them to buy more, such as DC in order to increase the quality of the product to consumers. How do you see consumers harmed by disneys dominance? Simply being dominant cant be cause for breakup on its own.

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
Hmmm... by definition this is a monopoly but the fact that they entered a browser space, dominated by others, with a compelling (free) product has me :patrice:. It's other businesses being hurt by this. I, as a selfish consumer, am benefitting.
False.
monopoly
[məˈnäpəlē]
NOUN
monopolies (plural noun)
  1. the exclusive possession or control of the supply of or trade in a commodity or service.
    "his likely motive was to protect his regional monopoly on furs"
    • a company or group having exclusive control over a commodity or service.
      "areas where cable companies operate as monopolies"
    • a commodity or service in the exclusive control of a company or group.
      "electricity, gas, and water were considered to be natural monopolies"

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
"nice little store you got here....would be a shame if something were to happen to it"

If you own too many of the moving parts of your industry you're too big. Too big to fail is actually real.

Amazon is too big to fail. They need to immediately be broken up along with Walmart.

You own the space, the products, and all of the logistics? :camby:

Amazon recently dropped their venture into grocery sales, turns out consumers preferred their traditional grocery outlets. Proving Amazon is fallible.
If you don't want to buy [insert any product] there are lots of other options. "Monopoly" and "too powerful" are being thrown around far too loosely.

Daps
The availability of other options, the lack of force, and the absence of consumer harm... make me question a break up.
Explain how consumers are harmed and would benefit more using Safari or Edge search engines?

Unless the government requires google to put out an inferior product, Google is pretty much always going to be the #1 go to search engine. Didn’t google get into the game late? How is it their fault no other search engine could compete? They weren’t throttling the speed of other engines.

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
The availability of other options, the lack of force, and the absence of consumer harm... make me question a break up.
Explain how consumers are harmed and would benefit more using Safari or Edge search engines?

its not the consumers that are harmed at all, but businesses

how to be discovered on the internet is a power held by very few parties.

the problem with your belief imo is how you define a "consumer"

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
its not the consumers that are harmed at all, but businesses

how to be discovered on the internet is a power held by very few parties.

the problem with your belief imo is how you define a "consumer"
Outside of a fair search policy similar to what is happening in Europe, I don't see an issue with googles size.
FAIR SEARCH

...and the efficiency losses would set back technological advancement. Allowing companies to get big enough to launch satellites and connect the world is a good thing IMO.

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Outside of a fair search policy similar to what is happening in Europe, I don't see an issue with googles size.
FAIR SEARCH

...and the efficiency losses would set back technological advancement. Allowing companies to get big enough to launch satellites and connect the world is a good thing IMO.
depends on how much you value liberty

based on what I'm seeing now, the internet will ultimately result in lost liberty. Spearheaded by large data companies whom ultimately get controlled by governments

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
depends on how much you value liberty

based on what I'm seeing now, the internet will ultimately result in lost liberty. Spearheaded by large data companies whom ultimately get controlled by governments
I disagree I think more of the citizenry is informed and engaged because of the internet and the tech produced by these companies.
We(imo) want to push pass scarcity towards a star trek like society... and shouldn't hamstring the companies helping to get us there(google, apple, FB, amazon).

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Nah Google. Uses its 3 major platformsto harvest user data and then use that target data to become the world's largest advertiser.

There's really no way another US company can compete in that space... Especially if they have to pay their biggest competitor for access to that data. :russ:

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Nah Google. Uses its 3 major platformsto harvest user data and then use that target data to become the world's largest advertiser.

There's really no way another US company can compete in that space... Especially if they have to pay their biggest competitor for access to that data. :russ:
i sell this data :mjlit: fukk google

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.

How does breaking them up solve this?... and at what cost?
Googles success has enabled Google to invest in breakthroughs in mapping, messaging, email, smartphone, and artificial intelligence technology.
Google stay blessing us...

:francis:
You sound like the Microsoft haters back 2001 that had Gates in front of congress. How long did that Microsoft "monopoly" last?

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
How does breaking them up solve this?... and at what cost?
Googles success has enabled Google to invest in breakthroughs in mapping, messaging, email, smartphone, and artificial intelligence technology.
Google stay blessing us...

:francis:
You sound like the Microsoft haters back 2001 that had Gates in front of congress. How long did that Microsoft "monopoly" last?
You do realize that the same platforms Google uses to harvest the data is uses for advertising are also the places with the most advertisements.

Google is an advertisement company. That's their business. Comparing this to. Microsoft because they're both tech companies shows a bit of naivete

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
You do realize that the same platforms Google uses to harvest the data is uses for advertising are also the places with the most advertisements.

Google is an advertisement company. That's their business. Comparing this to. Microsoft because they're both tech companies shows a bit of naivete
I'm comparing the "monopoly" rhetoric, and using Microsoft to illustrate how quickly the landscape can change. Could have used myspce or AOL as well, google could be overtook by an unforeseen competitor/technology.
Also how are consumers harmed?:ld:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
I'm comparing the "monopoly" rhetoric, and using Microsoft to illustrate how quickly the landscape can change. Could have used myspce or AOL as well, google could be overtook by an unforeseen competitor/technology.
Also how are consumers harmed?:ld:
Lack of choice harms consumers. :gucci:

Microsoft lost the case, but the judges bias allowed them to lose the appeal. MS then settled. Saying it was rhetoric is a bit disingenuous.