The Uncensored FBI Letter to MLK Found Hidden in the National Archives

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
cceotrggo2c56jf26smj.png

In the fall of 1964, the New York Herald Tribune ran a story with the headline, "FBI Chief Calls Martin Luther King 'The Most Notorious Liar in Country.'" J. Edgar Hoover, then the director of the FBI, had found himself on the defense after King, perhaps the most prominent civil rights activist of the 1950s and 60s, accused the bureau of not enforcing civil rights law and using Jim Crow-era tactics to suppress blacks. Hoover's real reasoning for labeling King a "notorious liar," however, was based on information he and few others were privy to: the details of King's sex life.

Despite knowledge among King's inner circle, he had never been publicly known as a lothario—but Hoover planned to out him, with hopes of soiling his reputation and derailing the civil rights movement. The Times Magazine recently published the uncensored letter by Hoover to King. In it, Hoover threatens to release news of King's extramarital affairs, information which he ascertained through FBI wiretaps in King's home, office, and various hotel rooms.

The letter—later confirmed by the Senate to be the work of Hoover despite his intended authorial misdirection—has long been proof of Hoover's malicious crusade against the celebrated activist. Portions detailing King's sex life were previously redacted—until earlier this summer, when Yale historian Beverly Gage found a copy "tucked away in a reprocessed set of [Hoover's] official and confidential files at the National Archives."

"Lend your sexually psychotic ear to the enclosure." Hoover writes. "You will find yourself in all your dirt, filth, evil and moronic talk exposed on the record for all time."

kyfx8zbjwuxogfyxypbj.png

But Hoover didn't stop there. The final paragraph hints at his attempts to get King to commit suicide. "King, there is only one thing left for you to do," he writes. "You know what it is... There is but one way out for you. You better take it..."

Ultimately, Hoover's threats proved weak, and King's legacy would remain intact. Gage writes in the Times:

Luckily, in 1964 the media were far more cautious. One oddity of Hoover's campaign against King is that it mostly flopped, and the F.B.I. never succeeded in seriously damaging King's public image. Half a century later, we look upon King as a model of moral courage and human dignity. Hoover, by contrast, has become almost universally reviled. In this context, perhaps the most surprising aspect of their story is not what the F.B.I. attempted, but what it failed to do.

Below, via the National Archives, the letter in its entirety.
bw4nvv66ryafxi8takj6.jpg

Via: http://gawker.com/the-uncensored-fbi-letter-to-mlk-found-hidden-in-the-na-1657593062
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/16/magazine/what-an-uncensored-letter-to-mlk-reveals.html?_r=0

Tikal

Coming thru like BLAOW
Daps
Reppin
:ahh:
if the truth came out about how the govt did mlk and x, noone would fukk with them. hell, if the masses found out the truth behind jfk and rfk, it would have the same effect.

Sadly, I think you are giving the masses to much credit. As long as people live reasonably well or think that they someday live reasonably well if they stay their course people won't do much to challenge the power that be.

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
Hoover was a devil incarnate. And he tried to blackmail MLK with homosexual allegations when he, himself, was gay or bisexual :childplease: The Mafia had that evidence on him

Crazy shyt is that people still don't believe Hoover was gay. That clown is like a hero to these idiots.

bear27

All Star
Supporter
Daps
But Hoover was gay,i'm mad confused.Maybe he meant something worse than gay i don't know.Why he keep calling him a beast though?:pacspit:

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
This is why I find it hard to believe that MLK was this demonic womanizer. It's the same shyt feminists pull today with that street harassment shyt. They think that because he's a black male then p*ssy is his weakness and since it's a commonly believed stereotype then it's not hard to convince white America that it's true. It doesn't actually have to be a fact either, just look at Hitler's big lie propaganda initiated towards the Jews.

mtu wa chuma

archangel of terror
Supporter
Daps
What did he mean by "us negroes"? I heard some rumors that he was partly black, perhaps it was true.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
My gut instinct tells me Hoover was a flaming fakkit and MLK was a womanizer.. a lot of things in the past that remain "mysterious" would of been brought to life in this day and age with social media, lets keep it real :yeshrug:

all rumors we can debate til even we are dead, but where theres smoke, theres fire.. Hoover aint the 1st person to say MLK was a womanizer/cheater.. :yeshrug:

Once everyone realizes every race (even my own Native Americans) has public figures that are just that, public figures, has dirt on them, the more we can move forward instead of focusing on the past :yeshrug:

shyt just recently as a month ago we had the President of the Navajo tribe sitting with bytch ass Dan Snyder in a box suite at a red skins game, this dumbass couldnt even conceal the check in his pocket of his shirt :laff: But to the public its like :gladbron: "see the native americans do support the Red Skins :gladbron:" :laff: ignorant fools, not knowing that the current President of the Navajo tribe is boutta get voted out :laff:.. but without social media/video of it, let the history books tell it and Native Americans support the Red skins name.. yall see where im gettin at with this ?

me personally? I could give a fukk less bout Hoover :manny: and I personally think what MLK stood for (equality for all) will always out shine whatever dirt people try and throw on his grave now a days, so salute that man for that :salute:

I mean just to put things in perspective im native american and italian and I aint even know about the Moors till I was in my mid 20s...

The schools out here aint tryna teach real knowledge and history, only certain parts, so fukk em for that :pacspit: they aint gonna give you the real truth :pacspit: you gonna have to seek that for yourself.. Why I aint hear about the Moors, Egypt, etc while in school ? All I remember hearin bout is World War 1 and 2 :stopitslime:

dont get it twisted, these cacs like yall like to call em love to never bring up what they did to my peoples past either :pacspit: Native Americans pretty much erased from American history in school. We bout pages 14-16 in them text books thats it :stopitslime:

fukk em :yeshrug:

BiggWebb79

You Don't Have The Answers...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elm City
:yeshrug:So MLK was getting p*ssy and speaking that good word :jawalrus:. Hoover was trying to put the pressure on our brother Dr. King, fukk boy talking out of turn:umad: