The Underappreciated Genius Of K-Rino's Song Deprogrammed

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:heh:

He would be like the rest of the world, wouldnt know who Rhino is...

Scarface put DJ Premier on to K-Rino YEARS ago, we don't know if he put him on to Pac, may well have, certainly would have eventually if Pac had lived. Scarface said K-Rino is ahead of him in H Town hierarchy, and that's the LEGENDARY Scarface saying that.........

Last edited:

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pac fukked with Houston heavy..it's very possible they me when he was alive.

Absolutely correct, was very possible he was aware of K-Rino, K-Rino is the OG in terms of music in H Town. Ask Trae The Truth, Z-Ro, Bun B, Ganxster Nip, Killer Mike, Willie D, pretty much anyone that matters....

"K-Rino is the hardest nikka in rap, period" - Z-Ro

"I think y'all do a lot of sleeping on K-Rino, K-Rino is the best rapper in Houston" - Scarface

"Real raw lyrics, from a real MC" - Bun B

Bun B also said this quote regarding K-Rino....

"I was barely a BG in the game when this man got on the mic. And this is 1 of the brothers that inspired me to do what I do today, and it is an honour and pleasure for me to present to the city of Houston, celebrating 30 years of H town Hip Hop, in my humble opinion the greatest battle rapper ever, and you can tell em Bun said that, ladies and gentleman please give it up for my OG and your OG, Houston's OG, Hip Hop's OG, ladies and gentleman K-Rino - Bun B on K-Rino

"Shout out to Rino, a living legend, you know he run this" - Trae Tha Truth on K-Rino

Scarface on K-Rino....

DX: That’s saying something, that’s a hell of an endorsement to say that he’s (K-Rino) got you when it comes to the H-Town hierarchy.

Scarface: Man, that muthafukka is the truth.

Type in K-Rino and Kool Herc and you even see them together. Peace and props to the great K-Rino, the legend.

PlainSight

Anon
Daps
Reppin
UK
Rino goes hard IMO. I like the illustrative nature of this song a lot, and what impresses me about K Rino lyrically is that he combines technical prowess with a huge amount of poetic value. Few have the literary and linguistic capability to do so. Only Pac and KRS comes to mind immediately - there are more of course.

When I think of K Rino, I think of the song when he's contemplating between the Devil and God - can't remember the name - but again, the poetic value and the illustrative nature of the song rather than just someone narrating a story was what captivated me. The instrumentals are simply a vehicle for performance.

Also, something to be said for deprogramming - music and sound does have the potential to alter mind states and even possibly DNA. What you use music for can be crucial. Also, I do believe that some kinds of music resonate with different kind of people. If you're more predisposed to a hedonistic existence, you'll probably gravitate towards music of frivolous nature, whether masterfully composed or sloppily put together. If you're somebody with strong beliefs about things, you'll gravitate to music that reflects that - if you're a dark personality you'll gravitate towards brooding, moody music and so on and so forth.

Having said that, it's probably a good idea to attain a positive balance rather than oversaturate yourself with negativity. Good to channel your negative energy somewhere, but too much and you begin to fuel it, as with the patient in K Rino's song. And right now, we're overdosing on music of no substance nowadays. I appreciate the musical backdrop of modern music as a composer and lover of art in general, but lyrically? Not so much! :ehh:

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rino goes hard IMO. I like the illustrative nature of this song a lot, and what impresses me about K Rino lyrically is that he combines technical prowess with a huge amount of poetic value. Few have the literary and linguistic capability to do so. Only Pac and KRS comes to mind immediately - there are more of course.

When I think of K Rino, I think of the song when he's contemplating between the Devil and God - can't remember the name - but again, the poetic value and the illustrative nature of the song rather than just someone narrating a story was what captivated me. The instrumentals are simply a vehicle for performance.

Also, something to be said for deprogramming - music and sound does have the potential to alter mind states and even possibly DNA. What you use music for can be crucial. Also, I do believe that some kinds of music resonate with different kind of people. If you're more predisposed to a hedonistic existence, you'll probably gravitate towards music of frivolous nature, whether masterfully composed or sloppily put together. If you're somebody with strong beliefs about things, you'll gravitate to music that reflects that - if you're a dark personality you'll gravitate towards brooding, moody music and so on and so forth.

Having said that, it's probably a good idea to attain a positive balance rather than oversaturate yourself with negativity. Good to channel your negative energy somewhere, but too much and you begin to fuel it, as with the patient in K Rino's song. And right now, we're overdosing on music of no substance nowadays. I appreciate the musical backdrop of modern music as a composer and lover of art in general, but lyrically? Not so much! :ehh:

This is quite an exceptional post, from clearly an exceptional mind. It's impossible not to RESPECT what you say because at least it comes from a place of knowledge and intelligence, which is undeniable.

Now on to your points, yes I completely agree, there is a poetic depth and brilliance there AND emotional resonance within the art that some lyricists lack. This is why K-Rino is able to connect on different levels than even many who have technically passable/dope lyrics but don't really HIT you. K-Rino has changed people's lives with his music, he is absolutely incredible, he is the pinnacle of lyricism (with some others). But he's WAY up there....

Pac, that's a very interesting comparison, Pac really did that, KRS does too of course, but KRS may lean on the whole towards more intellectual/philosophical while K-Rino does this but also with a huge aspect of his work being on the emotional, don't get me wrong, KRS got this too, and KRS is my 2nd GOAT rapper currently, but K-Rino and Pac more lean in an emotional direction.

You are speaking of this.....

Not sure if that's the correct version in regards to quality but am almost certain it's the correct song you are referring to.

"Also, something to be said for deprogramming - music and sound does have the potential to alter mind states and even possibly DNA. What you use music for can be crucial. Also, I do believe that some kinds of music resonate with different kind of people. If you're more predisposed to a hedonistic existence, you'll probably gravitate towards music of frivolous nature, whether masterfully composed or sloppily put together. If you're somebody with strong beliefs about things, you'll gravitate to music that reflects that - if you're a dark personality you'll gravitate towards brooding, moody music and so on and so forth."

This is so deep it could be in Higher Learning and is very multi layered. Also to add on, the conditioning also, so to alter even ones predisposition, you feel what I'm saying? So if that can be done with negative I am certain it can be with positive, infact I KNOW it can be.

Yes, it's all balance, I think to have elements of balance is fine and acceptable, most people aren't saints, but complete and utter saturation in negativity? Not productive in any shape or form and infact very destructive.

Great post, rep pending.

Last edited:

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lol at all these aliases talking to each other.

What alias's do you mean? I'd happily do a ban or money bet I'm not talking to any alias's in here if you are referring to me...

If you are, be true to your words and let's do that....

QamYasharahla

All Star
Daps
What alias's do you mean? I'd happily do a ban or money bet I'm not talking to any alias's in here if you are referring to me...

If you are, be true to your words and let's do that....

Dumbasses just run their mouths to run it...he won't put a ban bet on it though. I would though... :sas1:

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dumbasses just run their mouths to run it...he won't put a ban bet on it though. I would though... :sas1:

I know, that's exactly it, people JUST run their mouth, but when it comes to showing and proving they duck out and p*ssy out like the cowards and frauds they are. Yes, of course we will cause we know what the truth is, they won't, they just mad that there's some more intelligent people in here other than myself instead of hateful despicable trolls and devils like them.

QamYasharahla

All Star
Daps
I know, that's exactly it, people JUST run their mouth, but when it comes to showing and proving they duck out and p*ssy out like the cowards and frauds they are. Yes, of course we will cause we know what the truth is, they won't, they just mad that there's some more intelligent people in here other than myself instead of hateful despicable trolls and devils like them.

Yeah some fakkit just did a drive-by negging on me for saying Pac and K-Rino could have known each other and anyone who knows the basic connection between Death Row and Rap-A-Lot knows how easy that would be. People on this site are fukking clowns.

The Beast

Rookie
Daps
people who keep accusing me and @The Ruler 09 of being the same individual, I'm more than happy to bet money on this aswell, anyone gonna put their money where thier mouth is?

3d9bf7d89c2a1d93084ad3e43b37186d.jpg