The UNOFFICAL ESSENTIAL Top 50 Hip-Hop albums of the 2010's (so far) [graphic]

iFightSeagullsForBread

The Working Class Hero
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere in Chicago
Since we're half way done with the decade, I got bored one done after tripping the other day and put together this list of albums that (so far) would be consider worthy of checking out or the best that 2010's had to offer.

I based this list of a variety of attributes such as
  • Popularity/Mass Appeal
  • Trend setting
  • critical acclaim (from message boards such as The Booth to the likes of DEHH, TND, etc.)
  • Innovation
Would love to know what some of you all think, hell we could make this an ongoing project and get it out there in the blogsphere if anyone cares to do so, but for now, let's keep it light hearted.

htteyt.jpg

@CrimsonTider @Piffery @THEREALBRAND

Superstar
Daps
giphy.gif

The fukk is this

BoB????? :laff:

You put in bullshyt like Fetty Wap, Chief Keef, Young Thug, Lil B, and Migos but not GKMC, Section 80, Life Is Good, My Name Is My Name, or Summertime 06?? :laff:

I wanna know how the fukk was Bobby Shmurda's EP "essential" :stopitslime:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh how do you have the Young Thug CD that came out last month but DONT have Rich Gang Vol. 1??

Bushes status until this is changed.

bucks3115

Superstar
Daps
giphy.gif

The fukk is this

You put in bullshyt like Fetty Wap, Chief Keef, Young Thug, Lil B, and Migos but not GKMC, Section 80, Life Is Good, My Name Is My Name, or Summertime 06?? :laff:

they put waka flacka and lil durk album :mjlol:

iFightSeagullsForBread

The Working Class Hero
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere in Chicago
giphy.gif

The fukk is this

nikka, B.o.B. had HITS

You gonna sit here and deny these weren't everywhere breh, you buggin'.

But good on you, I forgot about Life is Good and Summertime 06:ehh:

But yes, Keef , fetty, and Thug belong on the chart breh :yeshrug:Especially Fetty.

Superstar
Daps
did u say classic

200_s.gif

They're not "classics" on the level of Illmatic or RTD but considering the influence Flockaveli had and how it really set the stage for how music, not just rap, would sound this decade, if you're naming 50 essential albums its definitely in there. And those 3 Durk, Bibby, and Herb mixtapes basically put Chicago Drill on the map :yeshrug:

Superstar
Daps
nikka, B.o.B. had HITS

You gonna sit here and deny these weren't everywhere breh, you buggin'.

But good on you, I forgot about Life is Good and Summertime 06:ehh:

But yes, Keef , fetty, and Thug belong on the chart breh :yeshrug:Especially Fetty.

The thread is called essential albums, is it not :stopitslime: That means the most well-crafted and important bodies of work. Factoring in however many hit singles an album had is an irrelevant criteria, if that were the case Eminem's Recovery would be the most important LP of all time.