The VHS Era Appreciation thread

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Believe it or not I'm old enough to remember when Video rental stores had BetaMax and VHS. I still have The Thing on BetaMax somewhere at my mother's house. I wasn't old enough to remember the fight bw both but I do remember we had a BetaMax player at one time and watching a few movies on it. Seeing how it went from VHS to DVD to Blu Ray and now streaming is/was amazing. I remember when DVDs first dropped I had to get every damn movie at the time and was at a Best Buy/Circuit City every weekend.
I still have recordings of Def Comedy Jam when Martin was hosting, Rap City episodes, Living Single episodes and tons of other shyt. I was just recording for the hell of it. If I sat down and watched them I'd probably end up crying. We grew up in an amazing time where TV was an event and everyone gathered to watch.:mjcry:
I just finally tossed a bunch of my old VHS tapes. I had old episodes of OZ, Sopranos, tons of boxing, Martin. I still have my VHS player for some old home videos I took of my daughters that I haven't transferred to digital yet. Then there was some old sex tapes I had made I wanted to preserve too.

I tried to watch my old boxing collections I had bought off Ebay and most of them shyts look horrible.

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
We had these in the house growing up :mjgrin:

disney-vhs-movies.jpg
Breh I HAD ALL THESE! U can get some money for them one day. Those memories are priceless tho for real. Might have to hit my local mom n pop video store later tonight. Wanna take my wife and nephew

Daps
Breh I HAD ALL THESE! U can get some money for them one day. Those memories are priceless tho for real. Might have to hit my local mom n pop video store later tonight. Wanna take my wife and nephew

My mom threw them away. :mjcry:

But she's still keeping those stupid ass Beanie Babies.

That Sleeping Beauty tape had the old Disney opening before they made the castle with the tinkerbell arch. We were Disney kids. We had the Disney channel too. Tv and movies are so subpar to the 80s and 90s. We saw Oliver And Company and The Little Mermaid in the theater. There were only 2 screens.

Manuel Hot Pepper Lopez

cac this, cac that, c00n this c00n that
Daps
Reppin
-------------------------
Long flicks like Braveheart & Titanic having two tapes:russ:

Taking a "Ernest Goes to Mars" type wack tape and putting scotch tape or a band-aid over the hole in the front so you could tape over it:jawalrus:

Taping NBA Action or Inside Stuff top play countdowns to the point you had 60 minutes worth of highlight dunks and plays :to:

I would tape Jerry Springer girl fights to rewind and find wardrobe malfunctions