The whole "black people being social at work with coworkers is c00ning" thing reeks of jealousy

The Oracle

Expat
Daps
Reppin
the world
those who see the world through a lens of domination and submission assume that being friendly is taking a submissive role

that's truly how they see the world. it's two dimensional. either you're dominating or you're getting dominated. either you're "winning" or you're taking the L.

trying to explain to them that there is a whole other level of interaction that doesn't fall into either of these categories is a waste of time

just let them think what they like it's a miserable existence anyway.

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
I only friendly with people at work if I want something from them...other than that I see no reason to fukk with anybody at work...

The Oracle

Expat
Daps
Reppin
the world
I only friendly with people at work if I want something from them...other than that I see no reason to fukk with anybody at work...
is your personal life really any different or do you just pretend so you can maintain relationships that are beneficial to you?

in my experience, people who consistently think about what they can get out of others without really giving anything back, e.g "finessers", etc., don't change much when they go home. it's just kind of who they are. they can't turn that part of them on and off. they can pretend to, but that's just a front

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't get why someone would think getting friendly with your boss and coworkers is wrong. Ain't they paying you?