The Wire: I really don't blame Marlo for what he did to ______ *Spoilers*

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Nah, I sympathize with Joe. All he did was try to survive and expand his business interest like Stringer tried to do.

Marlo was too demonic for his own good.

-Did the security guard wrong
-Destroyed Randy life even when it wasn’t a threat to him

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Nah, the guard dug his own grave the minute he left the store.

Like Chris said, he was "talkin' back".

He should've swallowed his pride, stayed in that store and continued to earn his $10.50/hr

A security guard letting folks steal out the store right in front of his face wasn't going to continue to earn shyt.

Daps
Nah, the guard dug his own grave the minute he left the store.

Like Chris said, he was "talkin' back".

He should've swallowed his pride, stayed in that store and continued to earn his $10.50/hr

Sure, he should've fell back to increase the chances of survival, but that doesn't justify Marlo's response.

Do you think Avon, or Weebay reacts like that?

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
Sure, he should've fell back to increase the chances of survival, but that doesn't justify Marlo's response.

I wasn't justifying Marlo's actions, but the guard should have known better.

Avon's crew aren't much more saintly either. But that's a topic for another day.

Daps
I wasn't justifying Marlo's actions, but the guard should have known better.

Avon's crew aren't much more saintly either. But that's a topic for another day.

My bad, you were just responding to dude's claim that there was nothing that the security guard could've done.

Avon's crew def weren't anything close to saints, but I don't think there's any way they'd murk dude for approaching the way he approached Marlo. At worst they beat him up, but most likely they laugh in his face and keep it moving. Marlo was a fukking sociopath.

smoove157

Never Ever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem

def not, but i also dont see avon stealing a couple lollipops like that either.

that was the thing about marlo, he was just an a$$hole basically.

dude pays for a water, but feels like he gotta steal some candy, i guess just because

avon and even prop joe was on some helping the community shyt (aside from selling mad drugs)

the basketball game, the bet that goes with it, that other bbq type even they had when they first see D's baby and Donnette.

yea marlo was giving out money to the kids for school or whatever, but that was really about recruitment, not about helping. he wanted his name to "ring out"

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
My bad, you were just responding to dude's claim that there was nothing that the security guard could've done.

Avon's crew def weren't anything close to saints, but I don't think there's any way they'd murk dude for approaching the way he approached Marlo. At worst they beat him up, but most likely they laugh in his face and keep it moving. Marlo was a fukking sociopath.

We all know that the barkdales were just as ruthless as Marlo’s crew. Just they were already established when the show debuted.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah, there was literally nothing that security guard could've done. Marlo forced that shyt. He was going to kill that man no matter what.

Marlo was testing him to see if he was feared or not but clearly Marlo felt disrespect after he took his L by a bunch of old skool dudes that he played poker game with them. After he eliminated security guy and he felt the power.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah, I sympathize with Joe. All he did was try to survive and expand his business interest like Stringer tried to do.

Marlo was too demonic for his own good.

-Did the security guard wrong
-Destroyed Randy life even when it wasn’t a threat to him

Also....the innocent lady mailman when she brought shipped to the store when Chris helped her and murdered her to set frame Omar.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
That and murdering Junebug's whole fukking family for "talking shyt".....Snupe and Chris slid through and shot everyone as a 5 year old baby hid on the closet. That was demonic.

Some people online Ive read say Marlo moved like a Carribean gangster with no respect for rules or tradition.
Basically a fake mini Escobar. He was the one that checked everyone and made himself the 10th richest man in the world through violence and brutality by ruling the Colombian drug trade with power never before attained by a Cartel leader. Thats the blueprint implemented here.

Last edited:

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
We all know that the barkdales were just as ruthless as Marlo’s crew. Just they were already established when the show debuted.
And we did get many visuals of their deeds. We never saw Weebey murk anyone, yet knew how lethal he was. But Chris on the other hand was looked as more demonic because we actually saw him kill.