The WWE did everything and yet still suffering record low numbers

Mʀ2ᴋDᴇᴇᴢ

Licensed New Age Healer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
Should’ve devoted more time to giving every superstar a role during the late 2000s instead of beginning to focusing on a sole megastar. This bullshyt started when Cena’s push was at its worst (not blaming him). Every era before PG had a whole ass roster but superstars all had a place regardless of if they were at the top of card or bottom. WWE has devoted so much time to building one fakkit at a time in the last decade so you don’t care about the others, that & dumbass storylines.

That’s why you can have some low card Attitude Era wrestlers return to a pop bigger than what top dogs receive today. They were giving opportunities to shine and leave memorable moments.

It’s fukk it for me I keep up online :manny:

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
The problem is Roman. Rock helping him win the Royal Rumble was disgusting. The never ending push. Setting Bray as a sacrifice to the Roman at mania is pathetic.

Last edited:

DaHNIC82

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Off The Cuff Radio/ScrewballRadio/BudeBoyEnt
Should’ve devoted more time to giving every superstar a role during the late 2000s instead of beginning to focusing on a sole megastar. This bullshyt started when Cena’s push was at its worst (not blaming him). Every era before PG had a whole ass roster but superstars all had a place regardless of if they were at the top of card or bottom. WWE has devoted so much time to building one fakkit at a time in the last decade so you don’t care about the others, that & dumbass storylines.

That’s why you can have some low card Attitude Era wrestlers return to a pop bigger than what top dogs receive today. They were giving opportunities to shine and leave memorable moments.

It’s fukk it for me I keep up online :manny:

Punk said on his shoot that he was at a meeting there everything was about Cena, Cena, Cena and everything else was a afterthought.

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
The problem is Roman. Rock helping him win the Royal Rumble was disgusting. The never ending push. Setting Bray as a sacrifice to the Roman at mania is pathetic.

WWE ratings have been falling literally since the Raw after WM 17. It has been almost a straight line down since then. That was 2001. Roman Reigns didn't debut on TV until the end of 2012. A full decade of straight line decline before he even showed up.

People need to understand the Attitude Era was an aberration and not the norm. Such an aberration it took 20 years to return to normal. WWE doing what they were doing pre-Attitude Era (but bigger crowds, in a far more saturated entertainment market, with much more expensive prices despite income staying the same) even with roughly 25-30% of the wrestling audience tuning out entirely after March of 2001 is actually better than you should expect. This is partly why Fox and USA are willing to spend so much money for their programming.

WWE is making more money than ever despite their record low TV numbers, which shows there are actually some pretty good business people running that company. No one ever expects any other industry to have a peak period and just stay there forever.

The rest of the industry has dealt with this decline as well yet the industry has managed to be healthy enough to support an indie boom, a new national alternative, mid sized majors like TNA/ROH/MLW, and the best few years in Japan and Europe in about 20 years.

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
Also keep in mind, WWE programming world wide does huge numbers. India is the biggest market. So as much as we rant and rave, internationally they are caking the fukk up...

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
/thread

Wrestlers rolling up to the locker room with a ounce in their socks, a pistol on the hip, and a bag full of roids>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>gamer nerd wrestlers that want validation from Twitter neckbeards and losers:camby:

This. nikkaz love to shyt on Cornette, but he's right about the majority of this shyt.

vince-russo.png

I wonder why...

HE aint help WCW or TNA.

Vince Russo's a fukking clown that ended up getting TNA kicked off of Spike TV

Not following aew but do the have some good stories to tell?

No, so far, they're validating everything Jim Cornette said about them.

They're trying, which is why I still watch and will continue to, but they haven't found their footing yet creatively.

They gotta get a Dutch Mantell or somebody who knows how to book and isn't just a smark who likes indy flippy shyt.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Punk said on his shoot that he was at a meeting there everything was about Cena, Cena, Cena and everything else was a afterthought.
“They have no plans going forward for anyone ever, except for cena. That’s all they care about.”

His exact words. Obviously Cena isn’t in that role anymore, but now it seems like nobody is a priority at all. The show can’t be good when there’s no long term plans and nobody gets protected.

PopOnCloud9

All Star
Daps
The main issue is they give you what they want but they do it in the most mediocre way possible. I’m convinced they do this to use the spin of we gave you what you want and look how bad it is. A prime example of this was when they finally caved in and booked a program with Punk vs. Bryan but found some silly way to make it a love triangle angle with AJ involved. There was a way they could have booked properly and had the feud give off remnants of the Ruthless Agression era. Another example is the fact that they gave Bray Wyatt a pathetic two month title run during his initial reign as champion. That title run was capped off with a boring match that ended with Orton winning clean. We also have to ask ourselves when was the last time a Royal Rumble has been used to build the next big star. Rather the event is used as achievement padding or a poor booking method to shoehorn a popular name into a Mania main event. Even Money In The Bank has suffered the same fate. I think the nail in the coffin with losing total faith in WWE’s booking was literally how they booked Kofi’s loss to Brock Lesnar on the debut of Smack Down on Fox. At this point they literally have a dream roster that exudes the athleticism that Fox has in mind for the product. Yet their main concern is to close the last Raw of the decade with the Lana, Lashley and Rusev nonsense. Truth be told WWE’s incompetence with the main roster is what keeps me interested in AEW. Ironically their success with NXT keeps me interested in their product and makes me realize AEW still has a way to go before they can go toe to with the financial juggernaut known as the WWE main roster.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
The main issue is they give you what they want but they do it in the most mediocre way possible. I’m convinced they do this to use the spin of we gave you what you want and look how bad it is. A prime example of this was when they finally caved in and booked a program with Punk vs. Bryan but found some silly way to make it a love triangle angle with AJ involved. There was a way they could have booked properly and had the feud give off remnants of the Ruthless Agression era. Another example is the fact that they gave Bray Wyatt a pathetic two month title run during his initial reign as champion. That title run was capped off with a boring match that ended with Orton winning clean. We also have to ask ourselves when was the last time a Royal Rumble has been used to build the next big star. Rather the event is used as achievement padding or a poor booking method to shoehorn a popular name into a Mania main event. Even Money In The Bank has suffered the same fate. I think the nail in the coffin with losing total faith in WWE’s booking was literally how they booked Kofi’s loss to Brock Lesnar on the debut of Smack Down on Fox. At this point they literally have a dream roster that exudes the athleticism that Fox has in mind for the product. Yet their main concern is to close the last Raw of the decade with the Lana, Lashley and Rusev nonsense. Truth be told WWE’s incompetence with the main roster is what keeps me interested in AEW. Ironically their success with NXT keeps me interested in their product and makes me realize AEW still has a way to go before they can go toe to with the financial juggernaut known as the WWE main roster.
I think the last time they got it right with the rumble AND build going into wrestlemania was 2010 with edge. Last time it properly made a Star was either 2005 with Batista or 2006 depending on how you feel about how big a name Rey Mysterio was at the time.

I can’t recall the last money in the bank done well for the men either. Brock this year when he was the last guy who needed it, Braun being used for a bait and switch so the fans wouldn’t leave the building because of Roman last year, Corbin the year before. Dean benefitted from it, but just 5 months later, it was right back to having no clue what to do with him and by Wrestlemania he’s facing Corbin for the IC title on the pre show. Sheamus in 2015 was a total waste. Going year by year the last time it was done right looking at it now is Rollins and that was 5 years ago. Orton’s cash in from 2013 was done well but sandow getting buried was terrible.

Looking at the entire list from 2010 onward, Bryan in 2011, Orton in 2013, and Rollins in 2014 were the only ones that worked out long term.

PopOnCloud9

All Star
Daps
I think the last time they got it right with the rumble AND build going into wrestlemania was 2010 with edge. Last time it properly made a Star was either 2005 with Batista or 2006 depending on how you feel about how big a name Rey Mysterio was at the time.

I can’t recall the last money in the bank done well for the men either. Brock this year when he was the last guy who needed it, Braun being used for a bait and switch so the fans wouldn’t leave the building because of Roman last year, Corbin the year before. Dean benefitted from it, but just 5 months later, it was right back to having no clue what to do with him and by Wrestlemania he’s facing Corbin for the IC title on the pre show. Sheamus in 2015 was a total waste. Going year by year the last time it was done right looking at it now is Rollins and that was 5 years ago. Orton’s cash in from 2013 was done well but sandow getting buried was terrible.

Looking at the entire list from 2010 onward, Bryan in 2011, Orton in 2013, and Rollins in 2014 were the only ones that worked out long term.

Rollins and Bryan’s MITB victories was definitely one of the few things that WWE got right. Bryan’s cash in basically made him the star that WWE felt he could never be. Rollins on the other hand in my opinion had the greatest cash in since the inception of the case. Now granted his whole cash in was basically damage control for Roman not getting booed out of the building but look at what he’s become since that moment. Now imagine if they treated the rest of the main roster with the same booking respect that they give Bryan and Rollins. The product might have a shot at a resurgence. A good example of this is how they book Rollins and Bryan in matches against Lesnar. I don’t mind Brock being around as long as guys can get a solid match out of him. It bothers me when the build up a guy for 4 weeks to get squashed.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
It's crazy how at the beginning of the year, I still had interest in WWE. Now, they've almost turned me off completely from the product. I'm seriously contemplating skipping WrestleMania 36. Hell, the Royal Rumble is a month away and I don't care about it at all. :francis:

The Kofi/Brock thing completely turned me off to the point where I don’t even watch those 8-10 minute highlight vids anymore.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
The Kofi/Brock thing completely turned me off to the point where I don’t even watch those 8-10 minute highlight vids anymore.

I stopped watching RAW and SmackDown regularly in May, but I tuned into that episode specifically because it seemed like a big deal. The debut of the show on a major network, back on Friday nights, the same week AEW went on the air and started going head-to-head with NXT. I tried convincing myself this was the beginning of a new era, like how it was in 2016 after the brand split came back.

The Kofi/Brock match was enough to convince me that absolutely nothing was changing. :unimpressed: