The Xbox Series X/S Official Thread

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
So didn’t Microsoft say that by the Spring the Series X would be everywhere?

It’s April 28th and people still can’t find this shyt :francis:

It's because they aren't in stores.

The online only releases clearly aren't working, but companies are making more money off of them due to resellers buying extra stock so they don't care

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
It's because they aren't in stores.

The online only releases clearly aren't working, but companies are making more money off of them due to resellers buying extra stock so they don't care
People just need to let resellers sit on them then. Don't buy if it's not from a retailer, fukk people trying to scalp. If there's no profit to be made, they'll stop buying the stock, people can get consoles.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
People just need to let resellers sit on them then. Don't buy if it's not from a retailer, fukk people trying to scalp. If there's no profit to be made, they'll stop buying the stock, people can get consoles.

Easy to say that but #1 it never works out that way and #2 that's not the people's responsibility. It's Sony and Microsoft's responsibility. They are playing the game, I also think this chip shortage and tax shyt is a bunch of nonsense, if they just stealth dropped them into stores the value of the consoles would go down and they'd be more easily accessible.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Easy to say that but #1 it never works out that way and #2 that's not the people's responsibility. It's Sony and Microsoft's responsibility. They are playing the game, I also think this chip shortage and tax shyt is a bunch of nonsense, if they just stealth dropped them into stores the value of the consoles would go down and they'd be more easily accessible.
I'd argue that part of it is the consumer's responsibility. The company has already made their profit off the sale, and that's all that's important to them. Bad PR about shortages really isn't hurting them. To maintain good will with the consumer, they should enforce some rules with their retail partners, but I don't see that ever happening. But the FOMO gotta have it consumer is the normal consumer's worst enemy. There's zero incentive for someone to buy multiple consoles with the intention of selling them if they can't offload them. But since some people have to have things at any cost, it just encourages what were seeing right now. If we were seeing retailers arbitrarily increase prices to take advantage of the situation, I would 100% say that Sony and Microsoft have to step in. But unfortunately, the resale market is out of their hands and driven by what people are willing to pay.

The chip shortage thing I don't have a comment on, other than places like Newegg who are selling computer components are being straight up opportunistic.

AStrangeName

Griffith did nothing wrong
Daps
Yeah, apparently Target and GameStop both did an drop today for both the PS5 (with the digital version too) and just Series X. One thing for sure is I might have to retire my GameStop slander jersey because I manage to get the Series X today. :mjcry: The console hunt is over for me. :mjcry: GPUs are next for me and when I get one, I'm done done.

Jblaze204

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Uptown NY
I'm not buying the parts shortage either. I think they are holding back to create demand. Online only is trash too.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I'm not buying the parts shortage either. I think they are holding back to create demand. Online only is trash too.

Why would they hold back to create demand if it makes them look worse in comparison to competition? Thats like shooting your nose to spite your face.

The semi-conductor issue is a very real thing:

6 Causes of the Global Semiconductor Shortage | The Motley Fool

Global shortage in computer chips 'reaches crisis point'

Unless the entire games, auto, appliance industry is in on the conspiracy

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
Finally copped the S, immediately had to get an expansion card for 219 fukking dollars, its whatever tho

I underestimated this shyt, nba 2k looks amazing

Last edited: