The Yogurt Thread

8====D

¡Vamos Spurs Vamos!
Daps
Reppin
210 | 334
Use to eat yogurt every morning when I worked at a hospital, then fell off when I left. Never checked if it was the healthy kind :francis: Smh.

So plain flavored Non-fat Greek yogurt is the best buy? (I'll add my own fresh fruit/honey/extracts/etcetera)

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
Any yogurt for lactose intolerant brehs like me? :to:

Kefir - Wikipedia

Making your own yoghurt or kefir is the easiest shyt you ever done in your life. Once you realise what you gotta do (just ferment that shyt with fresh, fatty milk or other fresh yoghurt) for 30 hrs and then put in fridge and strain and start again) you realise you getting jerked by the corporations.

Plus all the good bacteria is compromised once it hits the shelf. You want that stuff straight from your fridge to the bowl.

For the intolerants get on that coconut, almond or soy ferment with kefir. Or try making water grain kefir.

I haven’t been sick in 2 years and I’m pretty convinced it’s because of the homemade kefir/yoghurt I make every 24 hrs. Just pour milk onto the grains/culture and put some paper towel and a rubber band around the top instead of a lid. Ferment for a bit, refrigerate, strain and start again. Now you got your own batch and then also another one to start again.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I stick with Fage or Siggi's. Depending on what type of meal plan i'm doing, i switch back and forth between Fage 2% and Fage 0

Any yogurt for lactose intolerant brehs like me? :to:
i know this post is old AF, but i'm pretty lactose intolerant (cant do shyt like cream, cream cheese, ice cream, milk) but yogurt doesn't bother me, likely all the enzymes and probiotics in it that actually help the gut. but if you really can't do any dairy, the only nondairy yogurt i found with decent levels of protein is vega one's yogurt. it's not plain and not the most natural, but their products are generally high quality.

Vega™ Protein Cashewmilk Yogurt Alternative

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Kefir - Wikipedia

Making your own yoghurt or kefir is the easiest shyt you ever done in your life. Once you realise what you gotta do (just ferment that shyt with fresh, fatty milk or other fresh yoghurt) for 30 hrs and then put in fridge and strain and start again) you realise you getting jerked by the corporations.

Plus all the good bacteria is compromised once it hits the shelf. You want that stuff straight from your fridge to the bowl.

For the intolerants get on that coconut, almond or soy ferment with kefir. Or try making water grain kefir.

I haven’t been sick in 2 years and I’m pretty convinced it’s because of the homemade kefir/yoghurt I make every 24 hrs. Just pour milk onto the grains/culture and put some paper towel and a rubber band around the top instead of a lid. Ferment for a bit, refrigerate, strain and start again. Now you got your own batch and then also another one to start again.

I like to eat really high fat yogurt, like this 10% Cabot plain yogurt

But sometimes the high fat yogurt is hard to find, so I make my own highfat yogurt in one of these:

Instead of using regular milk, I use half-and-half. I microwave it until it's about 120 degrees, then I stir in some room temperature old yogurt to act as a starter culture. Then I leave it in the yogurt machine for like 20 hours. Then I put it in the strainer and leave it in the fridge for a couple of hours to strain out the whey (the yellow juice that comes out of it).

After all that, what's left over is high fat "Fage" style yogurt. I'll usually eat it with strawberry jelly, but since its plain and unsweetened I also like to use it as a Mayo substitute on sandwiches.