There is a reason why you have to wait to be seated at restaurants even though there are tables open...

valet

The official Chaplin of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
So I heard this on the radio. Do you buy this explanation? If they seat you, your just going to be waiting there. Service is not going to come faster. These restaurants are backed up, short staffed. They don't even have time to get you water. So that's why they won't seat you there, even though there are clear open tables. Do you buy this. Or is this a trash reason?

Last edited:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Because there may or may not be servers for that area :dahell:

Tables may or may not be cleaned..

To alert the waitresses that you have someone sitting in your section?

There may be a larger party ahead of you..

If it’s not a diner, I don’t see the big deal. You might have a large party too.. Thats information that a server/waitress and staff would like to know beforehand I would imagine.

Theolodius_Black

Whoopin suckas with a bag of oranges
Daps
Reppin
Brookhaven,MS to Tallyho, FL
So I heard this on the radio. Do you buy this explanation? If they seat you, your just going to be waiting there. Service is not going to come faster. These restaurants are backed up, short staffed. They don't even have time to get you water. So that's why they will seat you there, even though there are clear open tables. Do you buy this. Or is this a trash reason?
So, if they seat you, you’re just going to be waiting there? That makes no sense. They seat you “there” because they’re backed up? So if you take your seat yourself, you get faster service?

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
So, if they seat you, you’re just going to be waiting there? That makes no sense. They seat you “there” because they’re backed up? So if you take your seat yourself, you get faster service?

They’re saying if they seat you there you’re going to be more mad waiting at the actual table and not getting service.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
this is a thing.

Most restaurants assign a certain number of tables (or section) to a server

If you have 5 servers and 4 tables to a server, you’re only going to be able to seat 20 tables total. Doesn’t matter if you have 50 open.

Source: worked in a restaurant way too long.

Last edited:

ItsPeople

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It’s pretty uncouth to seat yourself at a restaurant, bunch of heathens :hhh: