There is no sanctuary - FEAR The Walking Dead Season 1 Thread

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
'The Walking Dead' Spinoff: Everything We Know So Far

• 1d28b040-7bf4-11e4-8aed-a1f0aad1262c_the-walking-dead-cobalt-curtis-carey-dillane.jpg

Cliff Curtis, Alycia Debnam Carey, and Frank Dillane

While The Walking Dead fans are still reeling from Beth's brutal death in Sunday's midseason finale, AMC is making big moves on the TWD spinoff series. Actor Cliff Curtis — best known to TV viewers for his roles in Trauma, Gang Related, and Missing — has been cast as Sean Cabrera, the character who will act as the companion series' version of TWD leader Rick Grimes.

New Zealand native Curtis, 46, also has an eclectic movie résumé, including Three Kings, Bringing Out the Dead, The Insider, Training Day, Whale Rider, Live Free or Die Hard, Push, The Last Airbender, and Blow, in which he played Colombian drug lord Pablo Escobar.

Related: Take a Bite Out of Our 'Walking Dead' Recaps

The spinoff series, which will be set in the same postapocalyptic world Rick Grimes and friends are maneuvering through, albeit in a different location, has no official title yet, but The Hollywood Reporter and Deadline report that Curtis's Sean is a divorced teacher who is "a good man trying to do right by everyone in his life."

AMC will not confirm character or storyline details (or the show's working title, Cobalt), but The Hollywood Reporter reports that Sean has a son with his ex-wife, Andrea, and that his female counterpart in the series is a character named Nancy Tomkins, a guidance counselor at the school where Sean was a teacher.

The Nancy role has not yet been cast, but her children have: British actor Frank Dillane (Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and In the Heart of the Sea) will play Nick, who has dealt with drug problems, and Australian actress Alycia Debnam Carey will play Ashley, described as Nancy's "ambitious" daughter. Carey also had a role in Galyntine, the Greg Nicotero-directed sci-fi drama pilot that AMC passed on earlier this year.

Related: 'The Walking Dead' Showrunner Scott Gimple on the Finale's Big Death and the Return of You-Know-Who

TVLine.com reported in September that the Cobalt cast will also include Sean's son Cody, a rebel "known as the angriest kid in town," and a 40-something "somewhat wilted flower child" named Andrea Chapman, who is still reeling from a bad marriage (and who sounds a little like a mash-up of TWD characters Carol and Andrea).

Other speculation about the spinoff includes the suggestion that the story will be set in the early days of the apocalypse, before walkers overran the world.

Does that mean there's a chance Sean's group and Rick's group could meet up eventually?

The companion series pilot, co-written and executive produced by TWD universe creator Robert Kirkman and former Sons of Anarchy (and current Marco Polo) producer Dave Erickson, will also count TWD executive producers Gale Anne Hurd and David Alpert as executive producers, with Erickson as the showrunner.
https://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/...off--everything-we-know-so-far-202656211.html

CLAIMED :steviej:

Will update with a title and other info as stuff happens ...

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
would a spinoff bet set in the same zombie world as TWD????

would the characters be folks we have seen in passing on TWD????

it seems different people (non Comic) different place and at the start of the apocalypse which could be fun from a pure carrange aspect...

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
640.jpg

Earlier this week, we reported that AMC’s Walking Dead spinoff—codenamed Cobalt—would revolve around a divorced male teacher, a female guidance counselor, a drug-addicted son, and an ambitious daughter. (Also, zombies). The son is being played by young Voldemort, Frank Dillane, and the daughter is Into The Storm‘s Alycia Debnam Carey. Now, thanks to Deadline, we also know who’s playing the divorced male teacher: Cliff Curtis, who recently appeared on Fox’s short-lived Gang Related.

Other than those character descriptions—and now the actors playing those characters—the only thing we know about Cobalt is that it will be take place in a different location than vanilla Walking Dead. We don’t know what that location will be, though, which seems like a crucial thing for AMC to be so tight-lipped about. Of course, even doing as little research as possible on Cliff Curtis, Alycia Debnam Carey, and Frank Dillane reveals what seems to be a major clue as to what that location will be, but we don’t want to spoil it for anyone. On an unrelated topic, has anyone ever seen a zombie kangaroo? Or maybe a zombie double-decker bus, assuming Australian people can do a British accent?

http://www.avclub.com/article/walking-dead-spinoff-has-found-its-male-lead-212638

The Walking Dead spinoff casts some of its zombie bait
640.jpg

In a clever attempt to make viewers forget that AMC accidentally spoiled a major plot point from Sunday night’s episode of The Walking Dead, the first casting news and character details for the upcoming companion series have been released. The show—which is now going under the working title Cobalt—was recently put on track to debut in 2015. It will be set in the same zombie-infested world as The Walking Dead but take place in a different location, and initial casting reports said it would feature the requisite troubled adults and teens. Now we know that the main characters will be a divorced male teacher and a female guidance counselor, whose drug-addicted son will be played by Frank Dillane (Tom Riddle in Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince), while Alycia Debnam Carey (Into The Storm) will play his “ambitious” sister.

Given the continued ratings bonanza of the already-renewed parent series, it should be expected that The Walking Dead: Cobalt (Whatever That Means) will also be a pretty solid performer for AMC, and that the powers that be are already figuring out how to set up a crossover where Daryl works out his grief over the death of [spoiler redacted] with the help of the guidance counselor, likely in the front seat of a Chevrolet Cobalt.

http://www.avclub.com/article/walking-dead-spinoff-series-casts-some-its-zombie--212508

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
Character break down ...

SEAN CABRERA | A Latino male in his early 40s, Sean is a good man trying to do right by everyone in his life.

CODY CABRERA | Sean’s whip-smart and rebellious teenage son. Known as the angriest kid in town.

NANCY TOMPKINS | A thirtysomething single mom to two kids, Nancy looks like the girl next door, but there’s an edge to her.

NICK TOMPKINS | Nancy’s screwed up teenage son. He’s too old to stay home, too scared to flee.

ASHLEY TOMPKINS | Nancy’s mostly level-headed teenage daughter. Her ambition is in direct proportion to her older brother’s failures. She loves her mom but it’s time to get out of Dodge.

ANDREA CHAPMAN | A somewhat wilted flower child, fortysomething Andrea — yep, another Andrea! — has retreated to the outskirts of the city to recover after a horrible marriage.

• Dap
Reactions: Hi!

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
New York City
This is great :ohlawd:

I LOVED the Webisodes so I will be checking this out :whoo:

Us zombies brehs are :eat: so good with OG TWD, Z Nation and now this spinoff :blessed:

I hope we get a newscast about how the zombie outbreak got outta hand in TWD universe, sort of like that deleted scene in the remake of "Dawn of the dead".

RaverDan

Rookie
Daps
I don't know, I think they're going for too much here. Cashing in on the success of TWD, AMC's getting a little greedy here. Though TWD is one of my favorite shows, making a spinoff is just zombie overload. People are going to get jaded with the genre and stop watching zombie anything altogether

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I don't know, I think they're going for too much here. Cashing in on the success of TWD, AMC's getting a little greedy here. Though TWD is one of my favorite shows, making a spinoff is just zombie overload. People are going to get jaded with the genre and stop watching zombie anything altogether
Doubt that... just look at Broadcast TV and all those cop shows :sas1:

Nearly all of CBS's dramas are cop shows and its the most watched network on TV :sas2:

Last edited:

RaverDan

Rookie
Daps
Doubt that... just look at Broadcast TV and all those cop shows :sas1:Nearly all of CBS's dramas are cop shows and its the most watched network on TV :sas2:

you've got a point. I was thinking about all those cop shows as I posted that, but it seems to be a different beast. People have liked cop dramas since sleuthing stories like Sherlock Holmes (I personally hate all cop shows, they're all the same). It makes people feel good when they figure out the mystery before the story ends. Idk, I love the current zombie craze, if it's done right, But if they overrun stations with too many zombie shows, I feel like the trend would die down :yeshrug: