There is no way these YouTube dudes are big off purely calisthenics

Soylent Greenz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
What was your routine like

It varied....but I would say on average,about 300 to 500 push ups everyday,sets of 100,about 200 dips a day,sets of 25,100 to 120 pull ups every other day,sets of 10-15,4 sets of 30 on the ab wheel every other day,50 body weight squats everyday.
I would throw in leg raises maybe twice a week.
4 sets of 20.

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
I can show you an old youtube clip of a calisthenics routine that most people never be able to complete.

I don't follow the current YTers, but don't underestimate the results of dedication and genetics.

What did he do in this video that was so spectacular?

Lack of range of motion on the pull ups as well

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
Those guys like Broly gainz and Goku Pump are not as big as you think.

Broly gainz says he’s 6’1 and like 185 lbs.

Goku Pump says he’s 5’9 and like 190 lbs

the fitness influencers that do body building and on gear are on the shorter side and are like 220lbs plus.

If you see these calisthenics guys without a pump they aren’t that big. And the lower your body fat % the bigger you appear.

They also hit muscle groups more frequently making them more “full” throughout the week.

If I hit chest once a week, after 3-4 days of hitting chest that week my chest deflated and doesn’t appear as full.

If I’m doing body weight pushups 5 days a week getting a good pump and blood flow, I will appear more full throughout the week.

We honestly need to stop with the “he looks better than me so he must be on something”

unless it’s clear as day someone is using you, they tested positive for a substance, or compete against people that are unnatural you never really know.

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
I do both weight lifting and calisthenics.

You can do more volume doing body weight exercises and it doesn’t tax the body as much.

Especially when doing exercises like squats, deadlifts and rows which can tax your spine.

Progressive overload is easier to achieve with weights. Plus getting big arms, shoulders and calves with calisthenics is hard