There May Be A New Animated X-Men Series Coming

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Take this with a grain of salt because there's no other source but Bleeding Cool so far though but

A New X-Men TV Cartoon Series Announced Later This Year? - Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movie, TV News

I have been informed, from sources close to the previously-mentioned Marvel creative summit from last week that, as well as return to the fore for X-Men comics with X-Men ResurrXion, we should expect a lot more from the mutants in 2017.

Specific details are scant. Marvel dialled down their X-Men exposure after a massive fallout between Marvel and Fox Studios, who own the Fantastic Four and X-Men movies rights. The Fantastic Four titles were cancelled and the X-Men titles, while still published, saw them removed from almost all licensing – games, toys, statues, posters, clothing, cartoons and the like. They weren’t used by any Marvel-generated promotional operations and were notably absent from Marvel’s promotions of their own comic book line.

Since then, Marvel’s own civil war between Marvel Studios and the rest of the company, that saw the Studios split from Marvel and report directly to Disney, has seen a bit of a ceasefire. Peace hasn’t exactly broken out, but co-operation over the new Fox X-Men TV shows like the upcoming Legion, and even cooperation over the movie Deadpool, has seen a return from the comics division to the X-Men titles.

And yes, that also means licenses, games, toys, statues, posters, T-shirts, and being acknowledged by the publisher on the front of catalogues, promotional outreaches…

…and a cartoon.

The X-Men animated series has been much missed and, although the characters have appeared in other Marvel cartoons of late, they haven’t held their own series, even as the movies have performed well in cinemas.

I understand that, later in 2017, we will get the announcement of a cartoon as well.

And, yes, as part of Marvel’s meat-and-potatoes in the comics, you’ll be getting Wolverine back too.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Sounds almost too good to be true. I just hope it's based on the classic era and not this post-2010 new millennium fan fiction. An animated series based on the Byrne/Claremont era would be :banderas:
Give a remake of the 90s with updated graphics and let them actually cut loose without worrying about censorship. Netflix OR Adult Swim would've been Goat but it's probably going to Disney is real:francis:. Hope I'm wrong though:lolbron:

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Sounds almost too good to be true. I just hope it's based on the classic era and not this post-2010 new millennium fan fiction. An animated series based on the Byrne/Claremont era would be :banderas:

99-2010 Era would be perfect IMO. Def no need to rehash the Phoenix Saga or The Legacy Virus again.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
99-2010 Era would be perfect IMO. Def no need to rehash the Phoenix Saga or The Legacy Virus again.

Honestly, I think they should reference the classic arcs anyhow. It shouldn't be the whole show, but little kids need to be put onto the GOAT storylines somehow.

Even though all of us grown comic nerds are familiar with the Dark Phoenix and Days of Future Past stories, little kids who aren't familiar with the X-men aren't. Maybe they can adapt stories like the Morlock Massacre, Fall Of the Mutants, and the Trial of Magneto as well.

As much as everyone wants a 90's tas remake, I have a much harder time going back to it because I'm spoiled by the actual comics. Colossus and Nightcrawler were criminally underused on that show, and Kitty Pryde never showed up at all.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Honestly, I think they should reference the classic arcs anyhow. It shouldn't be the whole show, but little kids need to be put onto the GOAT storylines somehow.

Even though all of us grown comic nerds are familiar with the Dark Phoenix and Days of Future Past stories, little kids who aren't familiar with the X-men aren't. Maybe they can adapt stories like the Morlock Massacre, Fall Of the Mutants, and the Trial of Magneto as well.

As much as everyone wants a 90's tas remake, I have a much harder time going back to it because I'm spoiled by the actual comics. Colossus and Nightcrawler were criminally underused on that show, and Kitty Pryde never showed up at all.

But kids should be familiar with these arcs due to the Movies doing them pretty recently. I don't have any gripes about them being included. But I mean I don't want the same ole same ole, and their are plenty of "recent" stories that would be ill for them to put to use on a new animated series. Personally Anything New X-Men to about Schism would be fine.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
I still randomly go back and watch the 90s X-Men cartoon. Marvel for some reason have been taking backwards steps since then with making their cartoons more kid friendly in look and tone :stopitslime:

Another thing I hate. Even when I was a kid, I hated shyt that pandered to kids, I damn sure don't like it now.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
But kids should be familiar with these arcs due to the Movies doing them pretty recently. I don't have any gripes about them being included. But I mean I don't want the same ole same ole, and their are plenty of "recent" stories that would be ill for them to put to use on a new animated series. Personally Anything New X-Men to about Schism would be fine.

The Last Stand was hot garbage though, my dude (no disrespect). Kids deserve a more legit retelling of the Phoenix storyline than THAT.

I think it would be cool to see an adaptation that covered stories from the Claremont, Morrison, and Whedon eras. I would probably use the Claremont/Byrne lineup as the status quo, but shuffle characters like Beast, Rogue, Gambit, Angel, Psylocke, Iceman, and Emma Frost (after she turns good) in and out of the roster based on the needs of the stories.

EDIT: The best example I can think of is Justice League Unlimited. They were rolling deep with characters, and not everyone needed to be in every episode. Hawkgirl, Martian Manhunter, and the Question could team up in one episode, while Batman and the Green Lantern worked together in the next. I could see that being a great approach to take with X-men. Imagine a two-parter with the Australian Outback X-men against the Reavers :whoo:

Last edited: