There's Another Black Woman in my Office :wow: Daps & Reps!!!

Daps
Reppin
X
So I've mentioned in another thread that I work in a startup incubator that houses a bunch of companies.

And mostly it's just
full
5LIGaKU.png
3 and a half brehs and me. The 3 brehs are standoffish :francis:.
Once in a while you'll see a black woman show up to visit a company or a friend or work for the day in the communal area, but no permanents...until now....maybe:lupe: I saw this slim brown-skinned beauty with natural hair :mjpls: taking pictures of the office space across from my company's work area. I was busy so it was whatever. Next day I go upstairs so my CTO could show me around this ruby project he wants me to work on. Guess who's there sitting on a couch pulling the:jbhmm:look with some yts. I go about my business and focus on the programming stuff, also pulling the:jbhmm: even tho I don't actually know ruby and he's talking like I do:mjlol: And who comes to sit at the table across from me? :beli: Now I can barely focus

:martin:
She's stealing glances and taking off her jacket in sub 0 yt ppl temps to show off her tats while I'm:snoop:
Then my other coworker shows up with a beer to explain some more ruby shyt that's got me :mindblown:
630 comes and I'm looking at them like :dame: We leave and run into her coming back from wherever.
She hones in on me and smiles:banderas:, which doesn't seem like a big deal until you work around yt millennial hipsters all damn day with shytty attitudes and shyttier manners. I came to work yesterday and ran into her again in the hallway. She hit me with a big smile and said "Hey!:gladbron:" She's the 1st stranger to say hi to me in that office in all the months I've worked there. My coworkers don't even greet me like that....

anigif_enhanced-17016-1397565085-7.gif

Black women ya'll :blessed:Who else knows what this feels like?

Romey Rome

All Star
Daps
@Brehsbian Props on the possibility of doin work with this new sistah breh but I got a side question. How do I go about gettin into the coding field ? I saw some coding one day n it looked super hard to me. I want that challenge breh.... And the nice salary I keep hearing about.

Daps
Reppin
X
Are yall going to start taking lunch together? :jbhmm:
I don't know. :sadcam:We don't work at the same company, just in the same space. I only spoke to her once and that's because she called me back to use my keycard to get her in the door. The coli would be ashamed at how fast I:cape:

Ain't shyt to eat around there but Mexican food, hipster shyt and salad, Could work from home butI'm about to head into the office now:snoop:

Daps
Reppin
X
@Brehsbian Props on the possibility of doin work with this new sistah breh but I got a side question. How do I go about gettin into the coding field ? I saw some coding one day n it looked super hard to me. I want that challenge breh.... And the nice salary I keep hearing about.
I'm new to it myself. I was accepted into a bootcamp with a scholarship around the same time I was offered the gig I'm on now. I took the coli's advice and took the job.

Basically, the founder swayed be saying they were going to teach me on the job and they've mostly been following through. PM if you want a copy of this ruby book they bought me, mostly I'm just reading stuff online and doing basic ruby on rails stuff in terminal throughout the day for work.

CTO sent me this the other day:
Learn Ruby The Hard Way

RoyalQ

I'm a woman.
Daps
I don't know. :sadcam:We don't work at the same company, just in the same space. I only spoke to her once and that's because she called me back to use my keycard to get her in the door. The coli would be ashamed at how fast I:cape:

Ain't shyt to eat around there but Mexican food, hipster shyt and salad, Could work from home butI'm about to head into the office now:snoop:
Try bringing some snacks and casually being like "you want some" and get real cute a persistent if she says no. I do that sometimes, I say no at first but if a guy is like " come on~ it's really good and I have plenty more so just take some " then I'll coyly take some.