These top rapper lists are showing that it's all a popularity contest. LL Cool J is top-10.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
kingofnyc said:
but from where im from - NOBODY wanted to be LL
and i mean no disrespect but nikkaz from uptown thought he was a bit corny - maybe it was a Queens things.... but he rock Troop which was a wack azz brand & faded out with da quickness

Troop faded out because of a rumor that the brand was manufactured by the Klan.

The whole thing came to a head when MC Shan put the rumor on wax in '87.....

**TIME-STAMPED**​

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Wacky D said:
still overrated lyrically.

has no business being grouped in with rakim, kane & g.rap when it comes to bars.

You buggin'. He's grouped in because he changed the game and could hold his own, lyrically, with them.

His whole steez switched-up after Scott La Rock got killed and took him to another level.​

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
Im from Brooklyn. I mean so maybe u have a different view. I just know alot of people wanted to be like LL. Even if u look back right now. He’s clearly one of the flyest from that era.
ed2a822f4d36606729d2aab57a1129d1.jpg
855e195a1b5219585aed7f80e65ef7db.jpg

images

dfae74760fb324440cb0e285d2392490.824x824x1.jpg

LL_Cool_J.jpg

LL-Cool-J-Bigger-And-Deffer.jpg

:hubie:

to each is own

but again he rocked Troop which @Dafunkdoc_Unlimited reminded us that brand was associated with da KKK

shyt was flat out wack

8e673e94d337d55d2084e767f54bd63a.jpg

plus his dancing / moves was extremely awkward, non rhythm
source.gif

source.gif

OnlySeriousFlyingfish-size_restricted.gif

i swear- no lie .... we all thought that nikka was a straight cornball and i don't know ANYBODY that wanted to be him
he pandered to the ladies (which was all good) but in da mist of the infamous Crack Era - a nikka taking his shirt out & licking his lips was completely considered a soft p*ssy azz nikka

:hubie::hubie::hubie::hubie:

again, imma bronx nikka and Qbourgh & us always had our own issue (that just might be me being biased)

but if u look at Kane - dat nikka dancing / moves was dat fly, smooth shyt
ud2fgO.gif

tenor.gif

wUfuEO.gif

finally, this is all subjective
but Big Daddy Kane & Slick Rick were hands down considered da flyest, best dressed, smoothest nikkaz in da game

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..

to each is own

but again he rocked Troop which @Dafunkdoc_Unlimited reminded us that brand was associated with da KKK

shyt was flat out wack

8e673e94d337d55d2084e767f54bd63a.jpg

plus his dancing / moves was extremely awkward, non rhythm
source.gif

source.gif

OnlySeriousFlyingfish-size_restricted.gif

i swear- no lie .... we all thought that nikka was a straight cornball and i don't know ANYBODY that wanted to be him
he pandered to the ladies (which was all good) but in da mist of the infamous Crack Era - a nikka taking his shirt out & licking his lips was completely considered a soft p*ssy azz nikka

:hubie::hubie::hubie::hubie:

again, imma bronx nikka and Qbourgh & us always had our own issue (that just might be me being biased)

but if u look at Kane - dat nikka dancing / moves was dat fly, smooth shyt
ud2fgO.gif

tenor.gif

wUfuEO.gif

finally, this is all subjective
but Big Daddy Kane & Slick Rick were hands down considered da flyest, best dressed, smoothest nikkaz in da game

For one. Slick Rick was just flashy. Wasnt really a great dresser. And LL was a fly nikka. Also. Looking back Rakim >>>> both these nikkas we talkin bout. nikka was fresh. Had the most swagged out track for the ladies. And aint do none of that dancing shyt. Im not feelin how u hating on LL tho.

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
For one. Slick Rick was just flashy. Wasnt really a great dresser. And LL was a fly nikka. Also. Looking back Rakim >>>> both these nikkas we talkin bout. nikka was fresh. Had the most swagged out track for the ladies. And aint do none of that dancing shyt. Im not feelin how u hating on LL tho.

not hating on LL
i’m just telling u what we felt about him back inna dayz

i love Ra in all ... but he was more into hip hop circle while Kane was able to go into the more hollywood circle
let’s keep it a buck - Kane was fukking big-time celebrities like Madonna before your favorite rapper did

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
not hating on LL
i’m just telling u what we felt about him back inna dayz

i love Ra in all ... but he was more into hip hop circle while Kane was able to go into the more hollywood circle
let’s keep it a buck - Kane was fukking big-time celebrities like Madonna before your favorite rapper did

Kane tried to wild out and do what LL did and failed in hip hop cause of it. Also. I dont see what that has to do with Ra being flyer as far as dressing. Kane was just willing to sell out further than Ra at the time. Doing Playgirl magazine and all kinda shyt. He took it too far. Meanwhile LL was able to capitalize with the ladies even further in the 90s and ended having his own TV show. starring in movies etc. All while still dropping plat albums and battling these young nikkas.