“They will mess it up somehow” - why keep watching when you don’t trus the bookers?

Breh Obama

First Breh President. Coli Prophet.
Daps
Reppin
Leader of the righteous Brehs!
They haven't booked Finn properly which is completely their own fault.

Joe is used sparingly and thrown into storylines randomly.

Sasha could be a breakout star but is stuck in the women's midcard obscurity.

Jason Jordan has so much potential but they make him look like a bytch every single week.

Bray Wyatt......nuff said

Triple H literally inserts himself into storylines and matches

The Universal Champ is basically non existent

Roman is being made into a God despite the fan resistance

Braun is being kept dormant until Roman "slays the Beast"

Shall I continue?

:yeshrug:

fukk I don't even know why I still even watch this shyt
:mjlol:

Beautiful Bobby Eatin

SWEEEEEEEEEETNESS!
Daps
Reppin
Terra Belle, Georgia
There's a Meltz in all of us:yeshrug:

It's no different from armchair sports analyzing in The Coli. Folks are so used to the same ole bullshyt and underachieving from the WWE, its becoming a running meme every week when they sign a different indy wrestler.

I'm waiting for that glorious day when Keith Lee gets signed, so we can play "guess the gimmick".

It's a great question, one I've asked myself many times over the years.

I basically stopped watching because I got bored, but I did watch for years before that with low expectations.

The best way to explain it would be to say that in my prime days as a fan, the truly great moments in pro wrestling, when they did happen, were probably more entertaining to me than anything in sports or other forms of entertainment. I was fully aware that I'd have to sit through months of shyt waiting for one of those great moments, but for years those waits were worth it to me. Eventually, though, the great moments didn't seem quite as great, and the wait times seemed to get longer and longer, and I moved on to other things.

I never come in here telling people to stop watching, though. I totally get why people watch it even though they think it's garbage 90% of the time. People get frustrated because they know how great it can be when it's at its best, even though they know full well that it rarely is.

Because they're fans of certain wrestler(s)?

These are the answers. A lot of people started watching the indys more and more though. Which is why WWE goes out of their way to sign these "vanilla midgets" that people would rather see. HHH knows the product sucks and this is how they try to keep interest. If it wasnt for TSC jokes id have tuned out 8 years ago

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Braun is being kept dormant until Roman "slays the Beast"

If you think Braun is being kept dormant, I'm not sure you've been watchin'... I actually wouldn't be surprised if he ends up somehow in the Mania main event the way they've been pushing him on TV recently. They've had him destroy Big Show, run thru the Miztourage, pinned three MFs on the SmackDown team and beat down HHH after the match at Survivor Series, probably will be taking Kane out soon... they got this guy on a fast track to winning the Rumble or somethin'. If Roman Reigns proves nothing else, when they've got their hearts set on pushing a MF, they'll do it to death.

Would not be surprised if that projected Reigns/Lesnar main event turns into a triple threat.

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
I feel like in threads every week whether it’s a potential new star signing, an nxt call up, a returning superstar, or an angle that has potential...a good portion of posters always gut their expectations with statements like

“Well Vince will find a way to ruin this”
“I don’t trust them to book (insert character) right”
“They are going to bury him/her when they get called up”

What’s he logic in still watching when you watch it with such low expectations

There's always the chance something awesome will happen. Imagine turning off RAW early in 2011 when John Cena and R-Truth are having a table match only to find out that CM Punk cut the pipebomb promo and you missed it.

Breh Obama

First Breh President. Coli Prophet.
Daps
Reppin
Leader of the righteous Brehs!
If you think Braun is being kept dormant, I'm not sure you've been watchin'... I actually wouldn't be surprised if he ends up somehow in the Mania main event the way they've been pushing him on TV recently. They've had him destroy Big Show, run thru the Miztourage, pinned three MFs on the SmackDown team and beat down HHH after the match at Survivor Series, probably will be taking Kane out soon... they got this guy on a fast track to winning the Rumble or somethin'. If Roman Reigns proves nothing else, when they've got their hearts set on pushing a MF, they'll do it to death.

Would not be surprised if that projected Reigns/Lesnar main event turns into a triple threat.
Breh I was literally the only person on here saying Braun was going to be great when he first debuted. All that shyt you just mentioned is all filler midcard bullshyt. The fact of the matter is that literally the entire roster is being kept dormant just to push Roman significantly higher than everyone else. Yea breh tell me again how this pointless fued with Kane is important

:comeon:

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Basically, we're one of a kind, I'd actually argue that we're the most prominent black wrestling board on the Internet. Every other wrestling board connected to on a Hip-Hop forum is quiet as hell.

Easily. I loved SOHH and love the Coli as a whole, but TSC is the most unique and biggest gem they have. There's absolutely no other place on the internet like TSC. When the buildings got crushed, there was no denying how much of an impact this place made on me as a fan.

Last edited:

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
I haven't caught anything WWE live since January or February. I just watch youtube clips/ matches of note now.

Part of the reason was I didn't want to see what fukkery Cokeboy had in store for Nakamura and Matt Hardy. :whoa:

It's just insane to me that they've given Vince 2-3 hours every Monday for two and half decades and I can't remember the last episode that I felt had to have my undivided attention.

It's like someone at USA is running that old theorem about infinite monkeys, writing on infinite typewriters in the hope that one of them might write a given phrase, but there's a whole lot of

798930.gif

because they cut corners and tried it with one senile old rich man on one typewriter.

The amount of times he's had to fill up 3 hours - you'd think once, even by mistake - he'd manage to write the wrestling version of 'Godfather Part 2'.

I found some fire shows to watch instead though, so... :yeshrug:

Last edited:

PlainSight

Anon
Daps
Reppin
UK
I've found myself watching Raw+Smackdown live primarily because of TSC. Otherwise, I'd just watch it the next day and skip through most of it. I watch some indy stuff occasionally to keep it fresh.

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
Neckbeards are preconditioned to crap on anything WWE/Vince related, but praise everything japan n indies.

Vince gave Daniel Brian the best face run since prolly Hogan or Cena. He let him beat Orton/Batista AND the man most hated by smarks HHH in one night for the world title AT Mania. Them his declines, so Vince, tryna save his quality of living AND possibly his life shuts him down.

U would think this would let neckbeards ease up on Vince?

Nope!

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
One of the main reasons I pretty much stopped watching weekly WWE TV was because I couldn't bring myself to give the company the benefit of the doubt on anything. @Hoss explained perfectly, at some point the wait for greatness isn't worth it, specially when you don't believe it's gonna come on purpose and it will take too damn long.

Same thing happened with New Japan and Gedo's lazy ass, though the fact that it's not as bad as WWE's keeps me from completely giving up on that company :manny: