“They will mess it up somehow” - why keep watching when you don’t trus the bookers?

llt23

All Star
Daps
I havent watched any of this trash in ages. Occasionally my boy with his network sub will come by and we will catch a PPV or some old shyt, but even then if we are watching the PPVs we know its trash and generally find something else to do. Im not sure how fans can keep watching....its like a battered wife syndrome. My advice is to just stop and do other things with your free time. There is a lot of good TV out there, or you can play a video game....anything else is better to do. Only way I keep up with anything that is going on is through podcasts like Konnans or JR.

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
As the numbers suggest, no one really watches anymore. And the people that still watch are no different than people that are hesitant to leave toxic relationships because of the love that once existed.

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I just recently stopped watching WWE again. I probably do it twice a year but I usually end up watching at least half of the year.

I'm really thankful there's just so much wrestling out there nowadays, that if shyt is weak, I don't have to watch the E just to get my fix.

I can see why some people stay watching it no matter what though, you want the biggest company with the biggest potential to do right, and you wanna be watching in those small timeframes when they do push a good product to you.

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
For me, I've watched wrasslin since I was 2; so it's like being lifelong hardcore fan of a sports team. If you're lucky your team will go on a championship run, but most of the time will just be disappointments with some cool moments peppered in. :mjcry:
basically

we not me ofc but ya I get what yr saiyan

Drones

Visions of $
Daps
I still look at PPVs, but I been stopped watching RAM months ago. Sheasaro and AmbRollins are still having matches every week after months, Stephanie is back and I don't know how tf people watch that diarrhea still.

I'm still watching Smackdown out of habit from when it was good for 8 or so months, but even with that I skip through:
-Recaps
-Shane McMahon talking segments
-Fashion Files segments
-Tamina anything

And after The LAW was sacrificed at the altar of TNA Basically the only thing keeping me in the loop is Daves podcast and $1 for 3 months Network coupons.

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I still look at PPVs, but I been stopped watching RAM months ago. Sheasaro and AmbRollins are still having matches every week after months, Stephanie is back and I don't know how tf people watch that diarrhea still.

I'm still watching Smackdown out of habit from when it was good for 8 or so months, but even with that I skip through:
-Recaps
-Shane McMahon talking segments
-Fashion Files segments
-Tamina anything

And after The LAW was sacrificed at the altar of TNA Basically the only thing keeping me in the loop is Daves podcast and $1 for 3 months Network coupons.
Where u get 1 dollar for three months

Drones

Visions of $
Daps
Where u get 1 dollar for three months
They keep emailing them to my different accounts that have been inactive for months at a time so I keep using new ones when the old one expires. s/o Vince for artificially inflating the subscriber numbers to show off at his investor meetings.

Rack4K

Banned
Daps
Reppin
BK
Haven’t watched the product in a year. Only the YouTube clips of...

1) The Lavar Ball/Miz segment

2) The Wale/Usos/New Day Battle, And..

3) The Shield Reunion

Other than that I just read TSC, listen to podcast clips to stay in the loop and watch other companies. Japan, Lucha Underground, ROH, Indies, etc

WWEs problem is you always know what their end game is and how something is gonna end. They only want certain people over and they use formulaic ways to do it. Why watch something if you can predict what happens next? Plus they’re Trumptards and it shows in how they treat black wrestlers. If New Day were white, atleast one of them would’ve been champ atleast a year ago.

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Haven’t watched the product in a year. Only the YouTube clips of...

1) The Lavar Ball/Miz segment

2) The Wale/Usos/New Day Battle, And..

3) The Shield Reunion

Other than that I just read TSC, listen to podcast clips to stay in the loop and watch other companies. Japan, Lucha Underground, ROH, Indies, etc

WWEs problem is you always know what their end game is and how something is gonna end. They only want certain people over and they use formulaic ways to do it. Why watch something if you can predict what happens next? Plus they’re Trumptards and it shows in how they treat black wrestlers. If New Day were white, atleast one of them would’ve been champ atleast a year ago.
That last part is telling
If big e was large Eric he’d have been two time champ by now before joining New day
Kofi Kingston at his best is better everyone outside of maybe ten other wrestlers in the company. Xavier Woods is as charismatic as any other person there. Not one of them has had a legit world title shot or feud despite being the go to group for nearly two years and the most important tag team in Wwe of the last five or ten years

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
I'm holding out until 2019. If RAW is still 3 hours, if the tag titles aren't unified, if the women's titles aren't unified, if the world titles aren't unified, If there's still 9 titles then I'm bailing. And I'm not sure if there will be anything like Jericho-HBK '08, The Rock 2011, or Pipebomb 2011 to bring me back.

It's looking more and more like I'll be a lapsed fan in 2019. WWE is showing no signs of letting up on the oversaturation. There's so much of everything that none of it's important.

Last edited:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
People dont.
The numbers have steady decreased since the boom era and now we see that arenas aren't even full.
Hell, I dont got time to watch it all every week and just youtube the 20 minute highlight packages of Raw and Smackdown and will watch if something is good happened later.
Fans will have a lurking interest in the product cause they care enough to be passionate to complain but they damn aren't sure watching week in and week out like the "why do you still watch?" crowd thinks

raw613

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
602 via 410
The match quality is generally good and there are some good storylines at times I think it's just frustrating how many things aren't fully capitalized on, it's like if a team has championship level talent but just can't seem to make it past the first round of the playoffs, they aren't trash by any means, but it's a let down.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
This guy often thinks he has some point with that same silly ass question. Haven't watched TV in two years. Hulu and Dailymotion. that's the way you laugh at that goofy ass system. No one gives a fukk about Stephanie and her bipolar character promos.