They’re starting to have a problem with my Afro at my new job.

SleezyBigSlim

Banned
Daps

Same all same all transferred to another front desk/Night Audit position in CFL.
Hotel manager is telling me my hair is not
‘neat’. I think I’m going to have to cut it:francis:
Get dreads or corn rolls just to fukk with them.

Counter Racist Male

Retired poster and occasional lurker
Daps
Reppin
MYSELF
Get dreads or corn rolls just to fukk with them.

I’ve been thinking about getting cornrows. Not too many people down here in Florida get cornrows either. The thing is I do not want someone standing over me with this COVID-19 thing going around. So I’m just gonna have to cut it myself no matter how much of a hatchet job that I do. As long as it looks like that’s what matters.

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
A few years ago I had a messy fro style and was cutting it for a job interview, the OG cutting my hair was like “when I was young I use to have long hair “ and asked me why I was cutting it. I told him it was for a job interview and he almost refused to cut my hair. He faded me up tho and told me if as a black man if u got to cut your natural hair for a job that’s not that place for you .

Talk yo shyt :wow:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps

Same all same all transferred to another front desk/Night Audit position in CFL.
Hotel manager is telling me my hair is not
‘neat’. I think I’m going to have to cut it:francis:
You can’t get a haircut due to Covid concerns

this is more than likely illegal. Document everything and if someone’s tells you to cut your hair make them send it in writing

Counter Racist Male

Daps
Reppin
MYSELF
You can’t get a haircut due to Covid concerns

this is more than likely illegal. Document everything and if someone’s tells you to cut your hair make them send it in writing

I don’t know if you know or if you saying that I said it in previous post but I live in Florida. So you can fire people here for any reason whatsoever.

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset
I don’t know if you know or if you saying that I said it in previous post but I live in Florida. So you can fire people here for any reason whatsoever.

I don't know your situation and with jobs like that you can be replaced instantly so you have to make the call.

Regardless I hope your applying for new jobs

Counter Racist Male

Daps
Reppin
MYSELF
I don't know your situation and with jobs like that you can be replaced instantly so you have to make the call.

Regardless I hope your applying for new jobs

I kind of got a transfer from my old hotel job to this one within the same franchise.

The fact the same person owns it but is just in a different state. And it’s always been an easy company to work for so I’m hesitant to quit so quickly.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
You can but please believe no company wants it out there that they’re firing people for reasons like hair

it’s cost a lot of money to fire and hire people and bad press cost

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Op you're in Florida which is a 2 person consent to record state. So anything you record is not gonna hold up in court.

Is this a national chain or a smaller one, I'll say if it's a national one call their bluff. Black folk got a lot of cache right now and if they let you go tell your local news stations about it and that shyt will go viral. You'll either 1. Get a gofundme poppin or 2. Someone else will hire you. All off publicity.

Also read the employee handbook and call an employment attorney and ask em.

And do any of your other coworkers have long hair?

Mike_Pipeson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
HTX
Try to get the to send you an email. Ask you manager to send guidelines for “appropriate hair”. Then you will have written documentation
This.

But to expand on that, be pre-emptive and e-mail asking for the guidelines first and if they tell you instead of replying, wait a bit then resend it re-requesting that way you have a paper trail even if you get let go that way you can collect employment