This Brittany Watts situation needs more attention

Thick_Necc_Jenkins

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
Y’all what the entire fukk is happening. East coast, west coast…I ain’t setting down roots in any other region. We are cooked. This is insanity.

Arrested because she lost her child?!
No it's how she handled the discarded fetus I believe she was charged with.

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
No it's how she handled the discarded fetus I believe she was charged with.
From the article OP posted

Days of bleeding and a critical timeline​

Watts went to a hospital three times in four days due to vaginal bleeding, a report from the Trumbull County Coroner’s Office says.

When she was first admitted to the Labor and Delivery Department at St. Joseph’s Hospital on September 19, “She was diagnosed with premature rupture of membranes and severe oligohydramnios,” the report states. In other words, her water had broken prematurely, and she had exceptionally low – if any – amniotic fluid.

Texas abortion law’s wording is causing dangerous confusion over emergency medical exceptions, critics say

“Although a fetal heartbeat was found, it was recommended by medical staff that an induction occur of the nonviable fetus,” the coroner’s office report states.

At the time, Watts’ pregnancy “was 21 weeks, 5 days gestation,” the report says. In Ohio, abortions are legal until fetal viability – which is generally considered to be around 22 to 24 weeks of pregnancy. After viability, the state can legally restrict abortion access unless the patient’s life or health are at risk.

However, “Brittany Watts signed herself out of the hospital against medical advice on 9/19/2013,” the coroner’s office report states. CNN has asked her attorney about why Watts may have left the hospital without having the nonviable fetus induced, as recommended by the medical staff.

The next day, September 20, Watts returned “for the same issue and left against medical advice again,” the coroner’s office report states.

Watts returned on September 20 expecting to be induced to deliver her preterm pregnancy, according to The Washington Post. But for hours doctors and officials mulled the ethics of inducing labor for a woman who had been diagnosed with preterm premature rupture of membranes (PPROM), had no detectable amniotic fluid, was bleeding vaginally and had advanced cervical dilation, the Post reported. Watts eventually left.

Then on September 22, Watts returned to the hospital “for vaginal bleeding with retained placenta after a home delivery,” the coroner’s office report states. “According to medical records, Brittany Watts stated that at approximately 5:58am … she delivered the fetus into the toilet of her residence.”

She has to be able to answer on why she left the first and second time.

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
From the article OP posted

She has to be able to answer on why she left the first and second time.
Thanks for posting the article. It appears she left because they were diagnosing her but not performing any procedures. The article says the doctors and officials were looking at the ethics of inducing labor. In other words, she was going through her medical condition while the hospital was trying to legally figure out if they can perform the procedure.

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
Thanks for posting the article. It appears she left because they were diagnosing her but not performing any procedures. The article says the doctors and officials were looking at the ethics of inducing labor. In other words, she was going through her medical condition while the hospital was trying to legally figure out if they can perform the procedure.
The article states that the doctors were trying to figure that out on the September 20th, On the 19th it just says she left against medical advice.

Now the white women may rah rah enough to help but the argument is her leaving the hospital twice while undergoing an medical emergency and the mishandling of the child after death. I don't see this ending well regardless.

Thick_Necc_Jenkins

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
They should've admitted her. I don't recall that word ever being present in any article I read on the situation.

"However, “Brittany Watts signed herself out of the hospital against medical advice on 9/19/2013,” the coroner’s office report states. CNN has asked her attorney about why Watts may have left the hospital without having the nonviable fetus induced, as recommended by the medical staff."

If her situation was severe as the hospital is alleging, she shouldve been admitted. Patients dont think straight when dealing with medical emergencies. That should be her Trump Card to beat the charges. That and mental anguish. You never let the sick discharge themselves and she should've handled the fetus better. But I get the mental state had a lot to do with her actions.

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
The article states that the doctors were trying to figure that out on the September 20th, On the 19th it just says she left against medical advice.

Now the white women may rah rah enough to help but the argument is her leaving the hospital twice while undergoing an medical emergency and the mishandling of the child after death. I don't see this ending well regardless.
All due respect, please don't think like an idealist and read between the lines. Given her medical attention, why wasn't a procedure performed earlier and why was she in position the leave the hospital without medical attention. The reason why I don't like articles like this because it's surface level information and doesn't attempt to follow journalism which is answering the why.