This is exactly why KD needed Steph on his team

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
To win four 7 game series in a row to win a title takes more than one player. No matter how great he is.

That’s what most of you and everybody else is missing. You can average 35-10-10 and still get swept if your teammates don’t contribute.

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I doubt I could name 25 players better than prime KD. His skill set is more than suitable to lead a squad without another all nba type guy.

You got Jayson Tatum’s and Jimmy Butler type guys leading their teams to finals.

I’m gonna get heat for this but Butler is just a straight up smarter player than KD.

KD is more skilled in damn near every aspect of basketball but Butler is better at reading defenses more than one rotation deep. The reason GS worked for him so well is that his playmaking duties were drastically simplified and he could focus almost entirely on getting buckets against single coverage.

Worthless Loser

Blackpilled
Daps
Going to Golden State saved his career. He likely never would have won a championship and the media would be riding him for being a huge star and having 0 championships. He would be looked at as a failure. Dude would have caved under pressure and made 35 different twitter burner accounts to attack people and defend himself.

Legend27

Pro
Daps
Sounds goofy but I think of it like this:

KD is like a master swordsman. His skill is undeniable and he’s damn near unbearable when he’s in his element which is very structured 1v1 duels.

But a master swordsman isn’t the guy you want leading your army on the battlefield. Doesn’t give you knowledge of military formations, logistics, reading enemy movements, and all the other aspects of warfare.
This is a great analogy :ehh:

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is a great analogy :ehh:

Not even a knock on KD or his skill set. He’s the closest we’ll see to a superhuman basketball mutant.

But he might be more skilled, in terms of the ability to score in isolation and pure shot making, than guys like Curry or Lebron but he’s just not capable of managing the game like them.

They’re far better generals and they’re also fantastic swordsman in their own right. Even a guy like Jimmy is a far less skilled swordsman but a better general.

Surreal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah KD basically in that 15ish-20 all time.. the Top 10 talk when you factor in age/regression is over . Still think he’s one of the best I’ve ever seen but the legacy/accolades doesn’t match the eye test … if he got a ring in BK it would have done his legacy wonders.

That herb ain't better than Dr. J or Dirk

He's 25-30

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It took me till now but I've accepted the fact that KD doesn't have the will to win.

:francis:

He needs Steph's guidance

It’s not even Steph.

Durant just needs to be on a team with an extremely simplified role. With the Warriors, he was the bailout option or a single coverage scorer. If he saw a double coming, he didn’t have to make perfect reads or passes because Klay & Steph are so good that they can convert almost any pass into a good link. If the big rotated over then he makes a simple dump pass.

But Durant on the Heat instead of Kevin love, he’d be in the finals. Jimmy, Kyle, and Bam would be handling the playmaking so Durant could literally only focus on rebounds and bucket getting. No worries about leadership or creating for others.