This Kevin Hart Interview...

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1914–1983
Kevin Hart's Funny Business

Hart, an avowed crowd-pleaser, isn't aiming to push boundaries or tackle taboos. Describing his sensibility in interviews, he's said things like "I'm not a political guy" and "What you have to learn to do is to give people what they want — people love a broad comedy." There is one prominent exception to this. In 2010's Seriously Funny, he tells the audience, "One of my biggest fears is my son growing up and being gay. That's a fear. Keep in mind, I'm not homophobic. . . . Be happy. Do what you want to do. But me, as a heterosexual male, if I can prevent my son from being gay, I will." This leads into vignettes in which Hart reacts to imagined signs of Hendrix's blossoming homosexuality with interjections of "Stop, that's gay!" Discussing this bit today, Hart says, "It's about my fear. I'm thinking about what I did as a dad, did I do something wrong, and if I did, what was it? Not that I'm not gonna love my son or think about him any differently. The funny thing within that joke is it's me getting mad at my son because of my own insecurities — I panicked. It has nothing to do with him, it's about me. That's the difference between bringing a joke across that's well thought-out and saying something just to ruffle feathers." Even so, he adds, "I wouldn't tell that joke today, because when I said it, the times weren't as sensitive as they are now. I think we love to make big deals out of things that aren't necessarily big deals, because we can. These things become public spectacles. So why set yourself up for failure?"

shyt is five days old but ol' boy better have that apology letter ready, they're not gonna like this... :mjpls:

And by the way, read the whole interview, shyt is kinda interesting.

AtomicUse

Superstar
Daps
Enough straight people buy tickets to his comedy shows that he will be rich even if the queers throw a bytch fit.

He killed it at the united center last weekend, my wife and I were in there howling. :laugh:

Made Myself A Boss

#Trolltruck
Daps
Reppin
dMv/ JA
Kevin Hart has a special gift about him in that he's able to bring two sides on the opposite spectrum, whatever the cause may be, together

He explained himself perfectly here.. And I can't see gay people going after him for this

Personally, I thought he was done when he got that dui , but dude deflected the fake outrage like he was made of teflon .

This joke, that was years ago, is nothing compared to that

Last edited:

scarlxrd

Underground
Supporter
Daps
Damn, he just got them to accept him in mainstream media.