This kid got healed from demonic possession at my church fam

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
:yeshrug: There are real churches and fake churches. The one you mentioned and the ones we see on tv are more than likely the fake ones because they prosper from entertainment only. But do you man, I don't knock another man for his belief or lack thereof cause I definitely feel you. Just sharing the experience.
ask your pastor to go heal a cancer patient
tell me how that goes

Sonic Boom of the South

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I grew up in church. One problem I always had was when someone would speak in tongues or tell you God told them to tell you something. My mentality is that if God wants to talk to me he doesn't need someone else to do the talking.

that speaking in tongues shyt is:mjlol:

so God will have u speaking in a language to him that YOU dont even understand:upsetfavre: gtfoh

Archangel

Banned
Daps
I grew up in church. One problem I always had was when someone would speak in tongues or tell you God told them to tell you something. My mentality is that if God wants to talk to me he doesn't need someone else to do the talking.

Well from what I've learned, God is always talking but sometimes it takes someone else to tell you because you could be so wrapped up in day to day life that you're not really paying attention. God isn't gonna speak to someone who's not even looking to hear what He has to say in the first place because they're not focused.

1 other person

Superstar
Daps
Well from what I've learned, God is always talking but sometimes it takes someone else to tell you because you could be so wrapped up in day to day life that you're not really paying attention. God isn't gonna speak to someone who's not even looking to hear what He has to say in the first place because they're not focused.

Ok, but what if someone 'prophecies' something to someone and it doesn't come into fruition? Then that person has their mind all jacked up because someone wanted to play theatrics. I've seen it. Lets take the extreme angle, for instance when other religions say they kill for God. People can be manipulated into believing a lot of things just because someone says, "God told me to say this"

Archangel

Banned
Daps
that speaking in tongues shyt is:mjlol:

so God will have u speaking in a language to him that YOU dont even understand:upsetfavre: gtfoh

You gotta look at the purpose of speaking in tongues though. In the Bible, when the Apostles first spoke in tongues, it was to tell the masses the gospel of Christ in their own native tongues. So you got all the Apostles who you know are from one land, speaking the languages of many other lands to the people of those lands.
To put it in today's terms, you got me from America who speaks English and you and ya boy from Japan and another random cat from Russia. Thats like me coming up to ya'll and speaking the gospel in Japanese and Russian without any prior education in said languages. It shows and proves the power of God and it also spreads His message simultaneously.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
the thought of 'god' putting on random stage shows at a church is fukkin laughable :mjlol:

chalk this one up to probability, like everything else that god gets credit for :heh:

Yeah, I mean...not to be brusque but if there's a god I have to question why he's out here making people in church babble like idiots and shyt instad of feeding the hungry or curing diseases or performing otherwise useful actions. :dame:

Archangel

Banned
Daps
Ok, but what if someone 'prophecies' something to someone and it doesn't come into fruition? Then that person has their mind all jacked up because someone wanted to play theatrics. I've seen it. Lets take the extreme angle, for instance when other religions say they kill for God. People can be manipulated into believing a lot of things just because someone says, "God told me to say this"

You right. I can't speak for other religions, but the Christian God doesn't tell His people to kill for Him nowadays because we don't have to kill for His sake. Bible says that vengeance belongs to God. So those who kill and say its for their God have a very flawed teaching.

Sonic Boom of the South

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
You gotta look at the purpose of speaking in tongues though. In the Bible, when the Apostles first spoke in tongues, it was to tell the masses the gospel of Christ in their own native tongues. So you got all the Apostles who you know are from one land, speaking the languages of many other lands to the people of those lands.
To put it in today's terms, you got me from America who speaks English and you and ya boy from Japan and another random cat from Russia. Thats like me coming up to ya'll and speaking the gospel in Japanese and Russian without any prior education in said languages. It shows and proves the power of God and it also spreads His message simultaneously.

nah

you have grown people rambling trying to fool themselves that they are communicating when they just scating