Thon Maker, 7'1, High School Sophomore w/ SG skills

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Both future Jayhawks...:wow:

Thon is a beast though. The way his athletic ability has improved within the last year is pretty amazing.

Josh isn't leaving the state of Michigan and Tatum is headed to Florida from what I hear....

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:russ:

they got the most people in world right now, how many players do they have in the nba?

its actually a cruel joke

Most of their people are also living in abject poverty and never seen a basketball till the last 10 years or so. For professional sports to flourish, you need to have higher living standards. China is getting richer, wouldn't surprise me if they had a Jeremy Lins and Yao Mings showing up.

Africa got a billlion people and still barely sends anyone here. Imagine in 10 years when Africa's living standards raise and you'll have 4-5 Embiid's coming into the league each year.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
were talking a development system that wouldnt even let lin play because hes too short

look

personally i just dont believe the chinese have enough quick twitch muscle to compete especially at the shorter positions

when you have 1 billion people even rare occurrences in the normal population will happen many times. remember they had that dude in the 2004 olympics that won Gold in the 110 meter hurdles. even freaks genetic mutations happen sometimes when the genetic pool is that big.

also don't discount Africa. 1 billion and growing. wouldn't be surprised if in 20 years there are more African players in the NBA than African-Americans.

Last edited:

Lakerman0834

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
when you have 1 billion people even race occurrences in the normal population will happen many times. remember they had that dude in the 2004 olympics that won Gold in the 110 meter hurdles. even freaks genetic mutations happen sometimes when the genetic pool is that big.

also don't discount Africa. 1 billion and growing. wouldn't be surprised if in 20 years there are more African players in the NBA than African-Americans.
NBA in 10 yrs gonna be feeding us nicely
MfpPaku.gif

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
needs a post game, its easy to game plan against anyone who is perimeter oriented

Exactly,

This shyt is NOT good for basketball. I don't mind a player like him being versatile but he better not be spotting up taking bad shots behind the three in crunch time.

It should be mandatory he goes to work with Hakeem in the summer.

Last edited:

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A 7 footer with SG handles, let's just pray he's not prone with the Lopez and Yao foot issue:noah:

Flight

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
KC
Josh isn't leaving the state of Michigan and Tatum is headed to Florida from what I hear....

Nah Tatum isn't going to Florida. This isn't a Beal situation. He'll be at a blue blood.

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't trust any of these tall ass dudes with handles. Anthony Randolph turned me off brehs. Plus wasn't there a thread recently about these high school mixes.